White Wolf, the other Games Work Shop?

needle

Hi, Ho its off to spend money we go. There are somethings wrong with the world.Like not enough female gamers!! No new offical trinity product & the fact that most of the rpgs coming out are reprints under new format take for example Conspiracy X a game that came out in 1996 & cost me at the time 25.00 American, well its now under the Steve Jackson Banner. Now your asking me," Well what does this mean Eric. Besides the fact that at 200 lbs you're never going to look good in a trench coat no matter the fact that David whats his name made them look good in the X-Files. And 96 was your X-Files, Wod, high weirdness phase." What it really means is that there are less chooses out there for you the rpg buying public besides d20 product.

Exalted may be @#$#$ according to Breearg but I'll say that Dragon Blooded is one of the better product to come off of Grabowski's desk. www.Exaltedcompendium.com guys.

Right now in my home state of Connecticut WW product isn't selling,period. Why? The answer is simple stores aren't supporting the games with instore gaming. Heres a secret, instore games are where the real money is.    :exclamation If a store supports the game with a weekly campain that the players buy the product. Their friends buy the product & all those player's grandmothers, girlfriends, etc. also buy the product. A friend who runs a comic store slashed his WW stock to move it because in his words, " I consider WW the games workshop of the RPG Industry" because they change editions so fast. Well EXCUSE ME. My problem with the Rpg industry in general has been the sheer volume of insipid,overpriced, badly edited drek that some of these companies  pass as new editions. Games work shop comes to mind, along with Wizards of the Toast, yes I rant at WW but the whole industry is guilty of it. Everytime I turn around theres a new company with a D20 Product. I personally don't want to see a d20 edition of Trinity but Elric, Call of Cthulhu, & Spycraft have just seen the light of day. Are any of you playing these games & is our consumer rights in danger or is another  of my high weirdness calls :cry Someone write in quick before there is a d20 edition of Mash, Dallas, Monty Python,   :hehe Survivor the Islands of Disadventure   :cry

...Gee...

If I took to heart all of the rants I've heard I'd end up killing myself...

;)

You are right of course though, things are that bleak. Although I think that D20 must have done a lot for the RPG industry, since there's so much of it out there. If we don't like it all we can just keep doing what we've been doing all along; making it up ourselves.

:)

Archived