Recent  books that don't blow

needle

Hmm where to begin? Its been awhile kids, sorry but real life intrudes again. I've been trying to catch up on my reading after my abby game dissolved. One player got married & another had a baby. Four players gone :P

So heres what I've recently read by white wolf & how I think it does.

Revised Tradition Guides for Mage, hmm if your into that tradition than get the book. If your a game master pick these up used.Period, the information is useful.but most of it you've guessed at by now.

Vampire Dark Ages Revised. This is where vampire belongs period. See I think that as a setting this is where vampire shines. Make the mortals tremble in fear who cares. The art is nice to. Met one of the artists at Runecon.

Werewolf Revised,the Storytellers handbook, & the guide to the Possessed.

::eh  ::eh  Trying to decide. Ok I liked these books. I love werewolf anyways. So far these are my favorite but hey thats just me. Some of the manga style art doesn't belong but that par for the course. They should have left the Stargazers alone. They had to shake up the game for the big bad meta plot. The Eye of the worm opens, give me a #^&*& break here. See thats where I've got a problem. Can't make Crossover events into good solid writing, just ask some of the Marvel writers.  ::devil  But I like the new direction that the developer has taken the product.

Now I've got a theory on the Wod sans Hunter. Bad product crossover not withstanding. I think that Hunter isn't part of the Wod & that its a Alternate Earth. Now I could be blowing smoke here but.Thats how i've come to explain it to my players.

Now with that in mind I come to Exalted. Here is a game with alot going for it. First of all its set in the future of the world of darkness. You don't think so well I don't care. My theory is this what happens if the Order of Hermes wins. Kidding.

Exalted is combat oriented sure but the world is neat.Savage Seas was the last thing that I got. Its a mixture of interesting ideas & pure drek. If you go in for the whole Seas of Blood thing than go for it, in the used section.  Later kids this is your two hundred pound game master saying good bye.

Archived