Trinity RPG - General G.M. advice and thoughts

Well all I'm saying is Tree-Frogs Tree-Frogs Tree-Frogs...

But, in leu of that the best suggestion I've ever been give is to start with some thing small and generalized (like the basic conflict you're looking for--Players vs. Orders, Players vs. Abbies, Players vs National governments, etc) and add to it.  I know that sounds like a duh answer, but if you start thinking in those terms it seems to help.  Also remeber that you don't have to think of every thing, the players will fill in holes for you.

As an added extra I also like to add in a sub-plot centered around each character, but in doing that you run the risk of a sub-plot over taking your main thread.

But these are just some basic ideas, I'm sure someone else has some better advice.

-Slag

The main thing I do for GM'ing nowadays is just roll up the main protagonists and have a few key ideas/turning points for the plot. I find this helps with the players taking unexpected avenues.

For example I ran an adventure, that invloved the outbreak of an extreamly virulent disease on Earth and my notes consisted of just the following.

The Main Protagonist, an abberant who could absorb, duplicate and spread any disease he encountered.

The Henchman, an abberant who could warp.

The Virus, a retrovirus from Tau Ceti.

Main Plot Point, players discover that organism is identical to Tau Ceti RNA and that an abandoned terraforming post, was doing research at the time of the Teleporters dissaperance.

Second Plot Point, showdown on Tau Ceti.

that was pretty much it, I had a rough map of the complex on TC, (a circle divided into quarters). Of course I wasn't expecting the PC's to nail the abbies before going to TC, but they figured that's what they needed to do before looking for a cure, and consulted high powered Clair's to pinpoint the next outbreak. The stat's I rolled up weren't wasted coz the players did meet the abbies in question. They still went to TC to find the cure and to add a little pressure to the situation there, I included some hazards from the planet itself (organisms eating the seals of their environment suits, thus putting a time limit on them)

The point I'm making is, let the players decide the action, it gives them the illusion of being in control

::smiley1

Archived