Trinity RPG - Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Slagheap

why do i have a sneaking suspicsion i know where this is going eh? actually i think it'd depend on exactly how you handled the intitial possesion, the contested willpower (that i would assume is factored in there somewhere) being the determining factor for how much control the character has after the event itself. if they scored high on the roll (say, if they do like in our games and crit or somehting along those lines, you know what i'm saying here slag) then they might be able to have brief lucid moments wherein they can exercise total control, otherwise i think the struggle would be more internalized, a subconcious power struggle that other characters would only see the side effects of.

jake ::baaa

Has anyone here other than me and JAke ever enven used Doyen (other than the one's in the adventures) in their games?

-Slag

I have used the Doyen in my Aberrant game.  Specifically they are observing in the early years and then become even more alarmed as time goes on.  In the end the Doyen on Earth possess the Secretary General of the UN and some other influential leaders and start the Aberrant War in order to kill all the Aberrants.  Thus, when Mal gives his speach right after killing the Secretary General {and the Doyen inside him..} he's talking to both Humanity and the Doyens -- "Your legacy is our future" takes on a whole new meaning.

Nadrakas..."EonCon...EonCon...EonCon..."

::Resists the urge to start a debate over whether Doyen were on Earth before the Exodus::  I have used Doyen, yes.  The characters in my group are kind of spread out and sometimes even at odds with each other and so this guy--who is secretly an great admirer of one of the characters (mostly due to the Doyen infestation) because he has a reputation (gained in play) of taking down really badass Aberrants to the point that his gun has become known as Aberrant Slayer, but Doyen-Boy *appears* to be aiding one of the other characters, who pretty much sold out to the novas on Eden (loooong story), but he's really not, its just setting him up kind of thing.

But really, I didn't worry much about the system--if I wanted the guy to get into a "struggle" with the Doyen during a gam I'd probably just cinematize it.  No sense in rolling when you can just lie.

Of course that doesn't help you at all, but y'know, you asked.

-Breearg

Archived