Trinity RPG - End of Cannon Time

Slagheap

So group pretty anal about the cannon time-line, I try to bend but never brake.  But after our first game finished (Jake's 4 year game) we'd hit the end of the printed time line and then some, and as we like to tie all our games together (I just love layers), we are continuously forced to back track ad tell the story from another point.  While there's still alot of world to explore, we would like to move forward with out trampling on later cannon info.

Have any of you had this problem too?  How are you dealing with it?  HELP

-Slag

actually.......... i'm just coming to the same point in my games.  I've been running Trinity pretty much constantly since it came out, but have ST'd three fairly lengthy campaigns of my own creation, with the canon series books (Darkness Revealed, Alien Counter) along the way with different sets of characters...

......  in about three weeks time, I should be finished with the last of the books, and this post got me thinking...  the timeline for my non-canon campaigns is slowly catching up with the canon timeline.......

.....then what?

I've already started writing my fourth non-canon campaign, and have a couple of other things i'd like to do, but (without actually realising it until now), I've kept these things within the canon-timeline..

....hmmmm...  time to start thinking about what to do next...  on the Trinity section of this site there's a 'next part of the plot' idea that is certainly a good possibility for the future of the timeline....  but like I said, I hadn't thought about this much.

Time to start  :D

As a sort of quick fix I've toyed with the idea of having both Colony and the Coalition make it to the edge of teh Solar system and be fought to a stand still there by allowing our game to progress and leaving room for random Aliens, Abbies and and sub-mutants to pop up...but I'm still a little bit worried that WW will print a more decisive end to it all...just thoughts

-Slag

but I'm still a little bit worried that WW will print a more decisive end to it all...just thoughts

-Slag

Try this on for size.  A man - we'll call him Jack - lived thru "the End Times" as put forth by WW - whatever that may be - and didn't like it.  As things went to the preverbial "Hell-in-a-Handbasket" Jack erupted.  His powers manifested to where he could shunt the whole universe onto a different track {actually he has Universe Creation}.  So the Chronicle you've pushed beyond the "Official Canon" is the result of Jack, and when the "Official End" comes....well, you can have fun allowing the players to figure things out.  Perhaps Jack doesn't have a firm grasp on things, and the two realities start to "Bleed-over" onto one another.

Imagine if you will, the world that Jack creates is less violent.  It doesn't have the "Evil Aliens" in it and the Universe pretty much stays as it was in the early 2100's.  Now the players pick up a deep space distress signal and respond.  They find a ship - the Hermes - with odd markings and strange transponder codes.  They board this behemoth, which is bristling with powerful weapons.  The Hermes is severely damaged, and is missing large chunks out of it.  The players make their way thru the ship, discovering a few odd things -- Military markings they don't recognize, the Technology is more advanced than anything they've seen, etc.  Perhaps they begin to think that this is some "secret" military experiment...but of course they are wrong.  No, instead the Hermes is from an alternate universe -- where humanity has had to wage war against an implacable enemy.  Somehow they crack the computer coding and learn where the Hermes came from - a Universe where Billions have died and the Earth is nearly uninhabitable.  What will your players do?  Tune in next week as the voyages of the USS...oh..sorry...wrong Show.  :P

Anyway...I'm sure you get the idea by now.  Feel free to contact me via e-mail...and we can concoct some wonderfully nefarious plans for your unwitting players. ::devil

Nadrakas..."EonCon...EonCon...EonCon..."

The Trinity game I've been running for the last three years winds up to it's final climatic conclusion next game. We're ending in game date about 3 weeks before the VenPhem. As I do with most games, for a sense of finality, I'll write up a Epilouge "Where are they now" type thing for about 6 months later, and will probalby mention the VenPhem, but not really have it impact much.

Then, I retire from ST/GM/DM/Ref/ing, and after 13 years, get to be a player damnit!!  ::devil

heh, sounds like fun Ops.

Actually, im winding up my Trin game in the next couple of weeks as well - to get to be a player again for a a while!

Its not been 13 years straight, but its been long enough  :D

Archived