Net troubles... again.

Sakurako Hino

Since last weekend my home connection has been down. I'm managing to post this via a friend's connection. I'll be able to check up on things tomorrow perhaps if I can get near another terminal, but untill I can get a new connection or my old one is back operating, I'm going to be sorta... quiet.

But, by going by my history, as soon as I post a message like this, my connection comes back up again. >_< shhesh!

Well, now that I have an alternate connection I can use untill either the group I had the original account with decides to finally accept the fact they're dead... it looks like I'm back! ^_^ With what looks like a new group and a new connection!

My new E-Mail is (Removed to prevent spam, check my profile, yall.)

You can hit me there. In fact, go ahead and e-mail me. I wanna test this out! ^_^

Yes, this is the group that was going to hook up yours truely a PPP connection to the internet. We're just a small band of Twin Cities hobbists that refuse to accept the fact that BBSes are DEAD.

LONG LIVE THE TEXT BROWSERS!

• 11 months later...

Well, while I am at a friend's place at this moment, it's looking more and more like I have no connection at home for a while. This might be temporary, it might be persistant.

So just to warn everyone if there is a lull in all my characters this might be the reason.

-Fuusen

-Origami

-DigiGeist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to internet circumstances, untill I can ensure I have a stable connection, all my characters are shelved. This is beginning to annoy me not being able to afford a real account to use, but untill I can depend on my connection again, that's just how it is.

Sorry everyone. I hope to see everyone sooner rather than later.

1: I cannot afford an actual internet connection at the present time. So I am either at a friend's place, or on the Twin Cities Freenet. I don't call the TCFN actual because it's free, and it doesn't use a standard browser.

2: Soames, that would be easy, except for the fact I am VERY tight on the money. See #1.

Well, I'm back in business. I had been dealing with this on-and-off problem for a bit, but now it looks stable for now. I'm seriously looking into becoming one of the group of volunteers that keep the modems functioning.

In any case, my characters are unbenched. I just hope it's for a while. *Crosses Fingers*

• 2 months later...

Okay, there is a telephony issue with the TCFN. They're functioning, but the phonelines in are glitched. The gophers probably got to 'em. I'll be out of commission for a couple days, since this happened before the weekend. See everyone next week!

I have a bad feeling about this.

"We are aware of the problem and are working to get the lines up as soon as possible. The phone lines got disconnected due to non payment because of lack of funds comming into the freenet."

Looks like a prepared statement. There was already an e-mail sent to all TCFN members begging for cash. Obviously the TCFN is about to die. So I have to say as of now I will be on sabbatical untill such a time I can find a stable and constant internet connection.

Archived