Knowledge Base

Singularity

I get the feeling we may have a real eclectic collection of skills and knowledge. So in the spirit of helpfulness and community, I think we could make our various abilities available to each other. Obviously, free advice is often worth its price and I'm not saying we make our own Dear Abby topic.

For example, I (like probably many of us) am skilled with computers, particularly with networking and hardware. I've got so many extra letters after my name it seems like alphabet soup. I'm also starting law school this summer so I might be able to pass on legal questions to my more knowledgeble teachers once I get used to the academic hell of life as an 1L.

Does anyone else want to "share the love?"

I am an amateur historian, theologian and mythologist, with a good base of esoteric knowledge. I am also in the middle of a Bachelor of Art in Writing and Theatre, am probably the resident 'expert' on Aspergers' Syndrome (or at least actually having the disorder, if not the science stuff) and pedantic corrections which may actually be wrong.

If that sounds useful, count me in.

To put this in a language I think we can all understand:

Animal Ken: 3 (Canines)

Melee 2 (Swords)

Performance: 2

Security: 2

Survival: 2

Art: 2

Motive Dissection: 4

Academics: 2 (Military History)

Psychology: 3 (Disorders)

That's only some of my abilties, though. The ones that would be most likely to be useful in some capacity.

So if you need someone analyzed, a psychosis diagnosed, a duel won, a dog house-trained or a dissertation on the rise and fall of knighthood, you got it.

I'm going through a Masters in Architecture, so that's architecture and urban planning/engineering/etc. I also have a personal interest (and reasonably solid grounding) in sociology, modern physics, and political theory. Beyond that, I soak up random bits of knowledge like crazy and I'm pretty decent at spot research, so I have a decent chance of coming up with something on most topics.

IRL, I'm a computer programmer. I specialize in firmware and crypto-systems, but I have friends that are much better than me in both areas.

My most useful skill to date for friends and family has been my ability to find ANYTHING on the web.

I'm a linguist. Well, Linguist-in-training. I know no languages other than English, Chatspeak, and basic proficiency in C.

I'm also a dab-hand at Psychology as in I'm majoring in that, too. I also know a bit of Philosophy.

I also have massive amounts of knowledge scattered all around the general bounds of human knowledge. Fortunately, I know people who know this stuff in more detail. It's not what you know, it's what who you knows knows. Oh, and for clarification, that last sentence is entirely grammatical. I can even give you the sentence tree for that.

And I too can find nearly anything on the internet.

Archived