Aberrant: Dead Rising - Confessions of a guilty conscience [completed]

Venus

This happens on May 22nd

It had been a week since she had discovered she was pregnant and expecting at least triplets - maybe even more. The Goddess was generous in Violet's case, in many ways and aspects but the auburn haired succubus was nothing but thankful. For the first time she truly loved her live - loved herself and didn't feel bad about her decisions and the fate she chose.

Her high didn't last long unfortunately. It wasn't like anything could really hampered it but there was something nagging in the back of her mind that constantly reminded her that there was always someone who suffered in equal amounts to her joy. Everything needed balance in life to keep the universe in equilibrum.

Violet sighed thinking about the best way to approach this. She felt that it was only right to tell James that she was expecting. But how to get it started without getting into a fight about hurt? Maybe Jill could break the ice and ask him if he had time to talk. In her presence he might stay calm should the news turn out to be unbearable for him. Violet wouldn't blame him if he hated her more than ever afterwards but she prefered to be the messenger instead of having him find out by any third party or rumors. She was done with running away and hiding from her problems.

Jill agreed with Violet and set out to find James in the tent city. Fortunately for her she was well known enough and people quickly pointed her at the right direction. It felt strange to meet James like this. Ever since Z-day he had been one of the rare constant reliable people she knew and she still felt... connected to him. He was still with her sister and that was something that would never change. Things were only getting more complicated but that necessarily wasn't a bad thing. Life went on, life was about change and crying about the past was... wasted time.

"James?", her voice asked into the dark of the tent. "Violet would like to talk to you..."

James replied in a moment's worth of confusion, "Jill?..."

James knew Jillian's voice but he'd been thinking about something else. In the context of the situation her voice and message were out of place. Part of him felt he was still living back at V's and wondered why Violet would need to send a messenger.

James thought, Right, I'm in tent city, V walking around here is an invitation to riot.

James replied again with more certainty, "Jill, be glad to. Give me a moment."

James closed his journal and put it in his lock box. Planning the next cache could wait. It'd been three weeks since the break up and more than a week since he'd cleared the air in the post-breakup rehash. There were still rips in his soul where Violet used to be, but he'd stitched himself up. If he hadn't quite moved on then he come closer to convincing himself that he had.

James walked out of the tent and checked Jill out. She looked good, still the warrior woman. For some reason he'd accepted her loss much easier than V's. It was probably a guy thing... V wasn't a threat but Dan was, and Jill wasn't with him.

James smiled at Jill and said with only a trace of concern, "Is everything all right?"

Jill wasn't prepared for small talk or sharing anything in advance. Unfortunately James knew her too well and sensed that she was holding back or hiding something. "Please... James, I... I'm all right, thanks.", she answered his question without adding much to it but her eyes spoke volumes. Something was up and she was never good at hiding secrets. That was more her sister's strong suit.

The following silence was awkward but the walk to the club wasn't that long fortunately. As soon as Jill opened the door James could see and smell that something was different. The stage was mostly disassembled. The strip pole was gone and the tables were neatly stashed in one corner obviously ready to be carried out. The whole mainfloor didn't look much like a strip club at all now. The second thing was this strange smell he picked up. He wasn't sure how to attribute it but it was present everywhere and it had something to do with Violet.

Jill guided him upstairs and to their room - the room that used to be theirs, the same room they had sex the first time... and then again and again and again.

Violet was dressed in her "Witches" robe, the room was tidy and organised, the bed was made and she sat on the lower end of the bed legs crossed offering him the spot next to her. Violet radiated something special, even more so than the last time he saw her. Maybe it was because he hasn't seen her for over a week or two? Maybe she was manipulating him again? Even if she didn't tried to, there was always this implication of her bodylanguage.

Jill took a seat on one of the chairs in the kitchenette corner deciding to remain in the background and just watch and listen.

"Hey James!", Violet greeted him with a singsong voice. "I'm glad you took your time... we need to talk.", her tone got way more serious in the end.

She searched his eyes taking a deep breath before she spilled the beans. "I asked you to come here because I felt you needed to know first hand - from me.", tears were watering her eyes but her voice didn't waver.

"James... I'm pregnant.", she revealed hoping dearly that this wouldn't blow him away and push him over the edge. The moment she said it he knew it wasn't a lie. That was the smell he had picked up. It was her and the unborn she was expecting. It changed her bodychemistry.

Jill tensed as Violet told him the truth not quite sure what she could do if James lost it. She was ready to pounce him but what effect would that have? She'd probably bounce off him leaving him unimpressed by her attack and what would happen then?

James froze into immobility as Violet tore the stitches off his soul. For a moment he was raw and open with shock.

James commented inanely, "Oh wow."

We split three weeks ago. Jo said a week ago something serious was up, that's a day or two after our post-break up fight. V found out two weeks after we split... so it's mine.

James said softly, "Well now... that is good news. I've always wanted children."

James got a big smile and added, "Obviously this changes a lot. How do you think Dan will react?"

There was a brief expression of confusion on Violet's face followed by a breathless gasp.

"Oh no... James, you don't understand. They are not yours...", she tried to explain while keeping her composure, yet a single tear flowed down her cheek and she couldn't bear looking in his eyes any longer.

"You're not the father, James...", she repeated with a low voice. She hated to crush his hopes again. This wasn't anything she had planned or intended to do. But yet again it was her who hurt him. How much more would he take before he lost his mind?

Jill stood up approaching the ex-lovers carefully. "She is right, James. Dan is the father, we just found out last week.", it was difficult to find the right words given the past events and... and James' own desire to have children which Jo denied him. And Jill wasn't just ready to have children again... Things had spiraled out of control and were now irreversibly set.

James opened the door to heaven, and someone else walked in and slammed the door in his face. An angry, primal voice inside him said, It should have been mine!

James exhaled sharply, closed his eyes to shut out reality and said in a strangled voice, "Two weeks..."

...Finding out two weeks after means she basically got pregnant with Dan on day one.

...Her powers give her birth control. She wanted children, just not with me.

...Them. There's more than one.

James felt hope die and doors close. There was always a good chance you wouldn't get back together. Maybe this was her way of burning bridges.

A small voice in him said, She's not yours any more. This... isn't your business. You'll have more children. You will. Just not with her. Who knows, maybe they will hook up with hers and you'll share grand-children.

James inhaled sharply, exhaled again and centered himself. Controlling your own actions.

James said in a voice striped of emotion, "Congratulations."

Violet knew exactly what was going on in him but she had no excuse or no better explanation except for one thing. Everything in relation to her burnt through within days were others would need months or maybe even years for. They fell in love and moved in to her place within one day and went through all highs and ups of a relationship in a matter of weeks. Including breaking up...

His emotionless answer was more than she expected and she even smiled weakly at him glad he didn't have an outburst of epic proportion. She felt he was entitled to it but his response was unexpected... mature. Maybe she did him wrong in more than one way.

More out of habit than real intention Violet reached out with a hand for him placing hers gently on his. She felt the tension and conflict boiling up inside of him but he kept it in check.

"James... I - I wanted to tell you first hand. I wanted you to know it from me and not from someone else and I was hoping...", Violet swallowed hard knowing that this request would put even more strain on him.

"I was hoping you'd be my children's godfather. I would be happy if you said yes and I know you'd take care of them like your own should anything happen to me.", Violet left Dan out on purpose but James would get the message anyway. It wasn't necessary to mention a name he probably didn't want to hear right now.

"Just don't say 'no' right away, ok? Think about it, please.", a glint of hope was sparkling in her unreal eyes again and even if she felt bad about having hurt James she still radiated hope and positive energy. This was new and James could tell that Violet had changed somehow or something had changed her.

Jill had walked around behind her lover by now and sat next to her placing her strong hands on Violet's shoulders. There was hope in Jill's eyes too, a kind of hope James hadn't seen before.

James held and looked at Violet's hand to avoid looking at her face. She's seriously happy with this. It should have been mine!

...which is better than being seriously unhappy with it I guess. Maybe that comes later.

James ruthlessly squished down the parts of himself that were hurting and tried to look at it from a practical stand point. He found his mind trying to focus on other matters. Jill isn't pregnant. I could smell that a week ago. Our last time together didn't take... coin flip landed wrong or I didn't judge the smell right. Speaking of which...

Stalling for time, James asked, "V, how far along are you? And you keep saying 'they' and 'them'. How many...?"

He has a right to know, Violet was thinking and at the same time Jill spoke up repeating her thought in words. "He should know the whole story, Violet.", Jill squeezed Violet's shoulders briefly to encourage her to speak and looked at James.

After a moment of thoughtful silence Violet looked up searching James' eyes. Then she slowly nodded in agreement, "Of course - you're right."

"Now where do I start? You know I have this power to control my own fertility? I always made use of it when we had sex because back then I didn't feel ready to have children and I actually wanted to have fun... as silly as it sounds now. I was even more selfish than I am today, but you know that story too well...", she sighed but continued without a break.

"Well, last week - exactly one week ago, to be precise Dan took me out for a romantic evening. He had been dodging me for a while now wanting our first time to be special... so I prepared a Wiccan Ritual to make it special for me, too. It was something I wanted to do for a while and I felt this was the right moment. Turns out the Ritual was more powerful than I thought. It temporarily blinded me and my power and so I became pregnant... at least triplets, said Myf but there's still potential for even more splittings. She says I'm bursting with life and that it seems I was made for pregnancy. Right after she revealed that to me I felt it. The Goddess had blessed me with her gift of fertility and she wants me to share it. I've never felt like this before, James. So even if you hate or resent me for what has happened I strongly believe that this is larger than the both of us. I can't be selfish about this anymore because it's about the survival of our species and I want to step up and fulfill my part. The Goddess has chosen me and I shall spread her gift."

Maybe it was too much truth at once?, her eyes stayed focused on his showing both compassion, conviction and love. A love greater than being in love, it was a love for live.

James struggled to wrap his head around all this information and there was a long pause while he digested it.

She claims she was selfish, right up to the point where she dumped me for Jo's sake. Without consulting either of us of course to see what we wanted.

Her first time with Dan was a week ago... and the times with me weren't 'special'. Ouch. At least I know what a very newly pregnant woman smells like.

Wiccan Ritual... and this was an accident. Dan just got lucky... or really, really, unlucky. Is she's done being self destructive, or is this just bringing that to new heights? Three or more? Two days after she and I had that post break up fight about how self destructive she was?

Let's skip the rehash of the break up with the pregnant woman. We've done that and it was pretty ugly then too.

Wait, how did that last part go again? Gift of fertility? Share it? Spread her gift?

James said slowly, "Interesting. You're the second person I've run into making Wiccan magic work. But Violet... gift of fertility? No offense, but why..." Let's not insult her by asking why her spiffy new power is important. Rephrase that.

James tried again, "Most women don't have powers that prevent pregnancy. We've had a birth on base already, there will be others. I think most women have been avoiding getting pregnant for obvious reasons. Jo has an implant. Jill... hasn't been trying to get pregnant." Jill sent her sister after me whenever that time of the month came around. A silly sex game. V's thing is a solution in search of a problem.

James was asking the wrong questions but at least he wasn't getting mad or trying to accuse her. "No, James. You don't understand. What I'm trying to say is spread my belief by forming a Coven and help those who are in need if they seek me out. The Ritual showed me that the Goddess is here. I can feel it, James. I'm talking about the return of the old gods. The Goddess in particular represents life, birth and fertility. If I had called upon another I'm sure my blessing would've been different. I'm not a prophet James but I do know that it means something even if it's only a symbol. I'm ready now for whatever may come because I finally understand my purpose, why I am who I am."

Violet's eyes gleamed with conviction and hope. What James thought had become somewhat less important even though she still hoped he would understand and eventually agree to be her children's godfather. "If you want children with JoAnna, I can help you now, James. Birthcontrol won't matter, trust me. I know can do this.", she implored him. "I can do this, it's why I'm here - it's my destiny.", now he never thought of her being a fanatic with religious fervour but this came close to it. Either she had completely lost it and gone crazy or he believed her. What options did he have?

Quote:
...I can feel it, James. I'm talking about the return of the old gods...
James nodded and Violet realized this was old news for him. It was like she'd just announced she'd discovered the sky was blue.

Quote:
..."If you want children with JoAnna, I can help you now, James. Birthcontrol won't matter, trust me. I know can do this.", she implored him...
James closed his eyes and played with Violet's hand and with his soul open and raw whispered, "Yes. Yes, I believe you could do it. Yes, I want more children with Jo."

At a normal speaking voice but still raw open he added, "I want to see her swell with our children. I want to hold her hand when she gives birth. I want to change diapers. I want to teach them how to shoot. I want to see them grow up. I want to help their children grow up. I have caches of baby supplies, enough so that my grandchildren won't want for diapers."

James said hoarsely, choked with emotion, "I want that. I need that. It's what I live for."

James paused, recovered, then let the other shoe drop, "But Jo is equally firm about not wanting children. I know where the implant is, I could take it out myself in a few minutes if she'd let me. There's a medical kit in the SUV."

"She started drinking because I was neglecting her. Then I got my act together, mended fences, and she stopped. She accepted the situation in large part because she needs you, or someone like you, around. If it's just the two of us, then we have to split. She knows it and I know it." And you leaving us without consulting anyone on what we wanted was one of the most selfish acts I've ever seen. "That's why she has me out trying to recruit other women."

As James opened up, all raw and vulnerable Violet returned his caress of her hand with a gentle squeeze.

I'm so sorry about this all... I really am, James. She already told him and she would've repeated it a thousand times but there was no going back, not after all the hurt and pain. Things would never be the same again.

Her voice was just as raw reflecting his mood perfectly and it was partially the same she felt about it when she spoke, "She never told me, James. All I got from her was hatred and envy... and a lot of confusion. I believe I fucked her up... seriously, James. When we met the first time I... I took what I wanted and what I needed without thinking about tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I made so many mistakes, James... almost everything I've done is one huge fuck up. And you accepted it just like that. Accepted me just like that and I thought it was only because I was a good fuck, nothing more. I could'nt accept that someone loved me. I... I had to learn it first and when I slowly realized what it meant I...", she shook her head unable to proceed. This was going nowhere and she had to think about the future.

"James, I want to help you with all my power. I want you to be happy and fulfill your dreams but I can't resume the place I once had. All I can offer is inviting Jo into the coven and hope she'll be my sister - it's the closest thing to what we had but I can't... can't commit myself further than that. Dan isn't ready for this kind of relationship - maybe one day he will but not now and not tomorrow. Maybe not even next year but who knows if there'll be a next year? All I know is I will live for the moment and celebrate each drawing breath I take because there's only one way to truly fight all this death - being alive and live it to it's fullest."

There was a short moment of silence and Violet gathered all her courage and then suddenly drew James closer into an embrace. She hugged him and whispered into his ear, "I can talk to her, if you think it's a good idea and she is willing to listen. Maybe I can make her understand how much this means to you, how important it is for you... and lastly for her, too."

This wasn't the way it was supposed to be... but it was the way it was. James hugged V back and let go of the 'supposed to have beens'.

James replied quietly, "Yes, please. Give it a try." Things have been done that shouldn't have been but can't be undone. Other things have been set in motion that shouldn't be undone. Maybe we'll share grandchildren. And if there's anyone who can talk Jo around it's Violet.

James took a deep breath, put his soul back in it's box, and stepped back. Obviously changing the subject he said, "If you're building a coven, Jo would be a good choice. Ditto Nashwa and Pat. You might try Jan and Helen too."

James got very serious and added, "And Violet... you need to understand something. The gods coming back isn't all happiness and good times. Magic is back. Modern practices were build with the underlying fundamental that magic was too weak to hurt us. That used to be true, but it's not any more. The zombies are probably a magical screw up."

"Your coven needs Myf to see if what you're doing matches what you think you're doing. You need her so badly you should consider dropping the entire idea if you don't get her. There are parts of Norman that are uninhabitable, basically cursed, because the local coven screwed up. They were good people, trying to do good things, but things that are real can really hurt us."

Violet watched James and smiled as he spoke listening carefully to what he had to say. She waited a bit before she sorted out her questions and waited for an opportune moment to speak up. In the meantime Jill had come closer from behind her legs and arms draped around the buxom succubus holding her carefully while she listened.

"Nashwa, Pat, Jan and Helen? I never heard of these women, who are they? And Myf won't join the coven, I already tried to gauge her interest but she's too absorbed with her responsibility as Doctor. I think she still has to come to terms with her gifts. Maybe in a few months she'll see things through different eyes. But I won't make the building of the coven dependent on her, James. That would be wrong. What makes you think that I'd be doing the same that happened in Norman? No one told me that there was something odd happening around there.", parts of what James said didn't make sense to her. And the way he spoke about the old gods was startling to her.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Considerably more at ease with the change of topic, James snorted and replied, "Norman was on the 30th of April. We broke up the next day. Let's see, people first I guess."

"Jan, Nashwa, and Helen are women Jo and I are interested in. Jan and Helen are from the prison, they both managed to get through the experience less..." James sighed and said, "I'm going to be crass and say less damaged than most. They don't flinch away from me. Helen you've seen, she had half her face burned off before Myf fixed it. She grew up Mormon but might be open for something from an older tradition. Jan was married to one of the guards we executed. She was one of the ones saying he should die. I think she's Catholic but not very much so."

James took a deep breath and said grimly, "That leaves Norman. Fox wanted to test his new transport power, I wanted to show off after Myf healed my eyes. When we got to Norman we found another group. Everyone there was all relaxed because they'd beaten the zombie problem. Pat, leader of the local coven, made a spell which forced zombies to leave and stay out. She really seemed to know what she was doing. Oh, and she's Nashwa's adoptive mother."

"For about an hour things were wonderful. I figured I was out of a job and loved it. The power to enter zombie infested areas doesn't mean much when there are spells normal people can cast which create football field sized wards. It sounded too good to be true, and it was."

"Fox pulled in Myf and her enhanced senses to look at it. The first problem was Nashwa wasn't able to cast the spell with just the four of us. The second problem was the zombies hovering at the edge of the field left, we still don't know where for or why."

"Then it got grim. Myf found the field is toxic. Nothing lives or grows inside it. Worse yet, one of the women involved in casting the spell had no life energy and came down with the Z, ditto some baby. I think the spell was powered by the life force of the people casting it and/or the people around them. Seriously not what Pat wanted, but it's what she got. And I don't think she's a super either. Point I need to stress here is that there's No Clue that someone's life force is being drained other than Myf's senses or them coming down with Z."

James gave a hand wave and added, "Fox, Myf, and I came back. Then boom, the break up. I spent a few days putting myself back together, then Jo and I went looking for Nashwa. She and I hit it off and I wanted to introduce them. Everyone moved out of Norman, then they kicked out Nashwa and the rest of Pat's crew. I took Jo back then did some tracking and took Nashwa and Pat back here. They just got out of Quarantine when we had the raid on the prison."

Violet absorbed the information with a mixture of conflicting emotions. Most ostensible was anger, though. Having moved away from the uncomfortable topic James now put on his pragmatic face and spoke with his know-it-all-seen-it-all voice. That was the part she hated about him, his ignorance and assumption that his conclusions were the only viable option presented.

Jill felt Violet's shoulders tense as it heralded her growing frustration. Alarmed by the sudden change Jill squeezed Violet's shoulders a bit harder than usual forcing her to hold back for the moment unless she would start a fight of epic proportions.

Violet sighed deeply and tried to calm herself down. "Ok...", she started still sorting her thoughts.

So he didn't tell me because we broke up - ok, granted. But less than a week after our break up he set out to replace me? Wow, he must've really suffered... sarcasm added to her anger.

And I was having a guilty conscience for breaking up; I was blaming myself for everything because I thought he suffered so much. In the end I was just a 'possession' he lost. I suppose he mourns more the loss of what I am and not who I am...

Violet made a double take and drew another deep breath, "I suppose I'll talk with Myf again to get her side of the story about Norman." and about those witches he mentioned "I better won't comment on the women you mentioned. Seems like you've got everything under control and figured out, James.", he could clearly hear her disapproval but it wasn't really her place anymmore to judge him. Still the warmth she shared with him a few moments ago was gone.

Violet closed her eyes and tried to focus on Jill's caress. It was better to focus on something positive than going back to hating James for his... for his arrogance.

James mentally smiled at Violet's reaction to him mentioning her replacements and looked pointedly at her midsection. How long did she wait before seeing Dan? A day? Less? One week pregnant means two weeks after the break.

James replied, "V, that is Myf's side of things. Right now I smell where you are, that you're expecting, and that you're upset. With little to go on I tracked down Nashwa's old trail and saved her life. The trip from Norman to here is brutal on foot without powers. In Norman... I had nothing. Myf could see magic and it's price, I was thrilled the zoms were fleeing. If you're going to be practicing magic then you need her. Tell her she's scientifically looking into magic."

James sighed and added reluctantly, "And as long as we're talking about enhanced senses... two weeks ago the base had a massive sex imbalance. For every free woman there were Lots of free men. Today, after the prison break, nothing has changed. The new women smell of fear if I'm in the room."

That's not clear enough. It's well within her power to... I'd better spell it out.

James said, "V... you and Jill aren't easy to replace. Even with my senses helping me, right now I have a grand total of three women who are both interested in me and who might be flexible enough to live with Jo. I'm sure you could talk them out of it, please don't. If none say 'yes' then..." ...then it's just Jo and me. And that quickly leads to... James flinched away from completing that thought.

Violet sighed but at least they were having a conversation and it was getting productive and not a slugfest of accusations.

She wanted to object at his constant stressing of the use of "bad" magic and the need for Myf to make sure she wouldn't do something that would hurt instead of help. In her mind James had no idea what she could do and what she wanted to do and those witches he talked about obviously had no idea what they were doing. It was more likely they ignored some basic principles to make it safe in the first place. What James described sounded nothing like wiccan practices or rituals.

"James...", she started trying to be calm and serene about the topic without sounding judgemental, "I'd like to talk to these witches and make sure they really 'cast' a wiccan spell. From what you told me I highly doubt it was a wiccan ritual. Maybe they thought they were doing something based on the old beliefs and practices but I won't believe it before I hear it from them firsthand and they explain to me exactly what they did.", her eyes was focused on his and he could tell that this topic was really important to her. She didn't want to disparage him since he obviously only had a limited grasp on Wiccan beliefs and their practices.

Originally Posted By: Courier

James sighed and added reluctantly, "And as long as we're talking about enhanced senses... two weeks ago the base had a massive sex imbalance. For every free woman there were Lots of free men. Today, after the prison break, nothing has changed. The new women smell of fear if I'm in the room."

That's not clear enough. It's well within her power to... I'd better spell it out.

James said, "V... you and Jill aren't easy to replace. Even with my senses helping me, right now I have a grand total of three women who are both interested in me and who might be flexible enough to live with Jo. I'm sure you could talk them out of it, please don't. If none say 'yes' then..." ...then it's just Jo and me. And that quickly leads to... James flinched away from completing that thought.

As for the other topic some of the former warmth returned to her voice as she answered, "I would never do anything like that, James. Why should I talk them out of it? If you truly believe they would join the coven then why should they disapprove of living with you and Jo in communion? If anything I would try everything I can do to encourage them to make that move. Whatever you think would help, James. I'd even welcome you to the coven if that's what you belief in.", that last offer was genuine and sincere.

Originally Posted By: Violet
"James...", she started trying to be calm and serene about the topic without sounding judgemental, "I'd like to talk to these witches and make sure they really 'cast' a wiccan spell. From what you told me I highly doubt it was a wiccan ritual. Maybe they thought they were doing something based on the old beliefs and practices but I won't believe it before I hear it from them firsthand and they explain to me exactly what they did.", her eyes was focused on his and he could tell that this topic was really important to her.
James nodded and asked, "Cleaning with sage smoke? Circle laid out with salt and dried herbs? The four of us standing at the four corners? Summoning the Watchtowers, the Goddess and God? The ritual ending with thanking and then dismissing the final Watchtower? Any of that sound familiar?" You don't live with Jo for six months without learning something.

"I agree, you need to talk with them. Something went wrong, or maybe right, and I'm not deep enough into Wica to understand. Someone needs to figure it out, this hits the radar as important. On a side note, they clearly didn't want the result they got any more than you wanted to get pregnant."

James paused to let that sink in then continued, "I can't speak with authority, but I think the really old rules are back, and no one has more than six months of experience dealing with how magic actually works, as opposed to how we want it to work. We've had thousands, maybe tens of thousands of years to mis-remember everything. Or maybe not." James shrugged and added, "This isn't my field, and I don't have Myf's senses."

Quote:
As for the other topic some of the former warmth returned to her voice as she answered, "I would never do anything like that, James. Why should I talk them out of it? If you truly believe they would join the coven then why should they disapprove of living with you and Jo in communion? If anything I would try everything I can do to encourage them to make that move. Whatever you think would help, James. I'd even welcome you to the coven if that's what you belief in.", that last offer was genuine and sincere.
James smiled and said, "Thank you, and I think that would help. As for me... consider me an associate. I've seen a lot I like and respect in Wica. 'an it harm none, do what ye will' You're free to act, you take responsibility for your actions, and minimize harm to yourself and others. The threefold rule, what you do comes back on you threefold. I don't mind being sky clad. Between the supers and the zombies, I think magic is clearly back and I don't see any evidence of a single omnipotent benevolent god. I think that was more marketing than reality."

"Having said that, my powers are brutal, direct, and not at all peaceful. My role in the community reflects this. If someone makes it clear he's a threat to Jo, I do something about it without worrying about the rule of three. By Wiccan rules killing the Nihilist was an act of murder. I knew that but I did it anyway. It's not something I enjoy but letting an insane super run around killing people is crazy. He or she was dangerous and I treated him like he was dangerous."

James concluded, "Wica is a religion of peace which I respect a lot, but I'm not peaceful and I'm not planning on being peaceful. Think of me as Aries. I'm not sure where that puts us."

Violet got a thoughtful, almost dreamy look as she continued to listen to him. She heard his words and new by heart all the tenets of the Wiccan Religion. Still she felt that it was just a metaphor for something even larger. It was hard to explain what happened to her since she had no means to make someone understand what it meant. The other witches most likely had more experience than her since she just discovered it recently - like so many other things. But unlike them she was awakened, had become how James described it and that was another level. It went beyond faith, it was proof.

When she prepared the ritual with Dan she didn't read much about it, she let herself be guided by her instincts and her inner voice. And there was something James was wrong about.

"...On a side note, they clearly didn't want the result they got any more than you wanted to get pregnant."

"Wrong... I wanted this. I know that now. An inner voice guided my hand - the Goddess herself was present...", how could she make him understand that she was convinced that the Goddess was inside her. That she had chosen her as a vessel and that everything she did was in essence the Goddess' doing.

James concluded, "Wica is a religion of peace which I respect a lot, but I'm not peaceful and I'm not planning on being peaceful. Think of me as Aries. I'm not sure where that puts us."

Exactly!, Violet suddenly jumped up at his words a wave of determination and conviction in her wake. "Right, James! You are an Avatar of Aries. You're like his herald - you carry his essence within you and you fulfill his will in return. He has returned in the form of you. The same happened to me - to all of us. I'm only aware of it now. It was like treading in the dark until I saw her in all her splendor and glory. And that's the difference between us and them.", she was pointing outside the window making clear who 'them' was.

"And like you already mentioned - if the old ways have returned we also have to consider that there shall always be a balance. For every good there is an evil of equal might and power. We should prepare for darker times because right now we're making progress but soon enough we shall face a threat that will endanger all our lives."

Jill was slowly getting up from the bed and approached Violet with careful steps. For a moment she wasn't sure what to make of Violet's words, she has never seen her like this before. Clearyl that 'romantic' night she had with Dan changed her more than in one way...

Originally Posted By: Violet
"...On a side note, they clearly didn't want the result they got any more than you wanted to get pregnant."
"Wrong... I wanted this. I know that now. An inner voice guided my hand - the Goddess herself was present..."
James grumbled , "Hmm..." I am so not happy about that personally... but if true then it means Violet isn't quite playing with gasoline and matches and someone in the coven wanted everyone in Norman dead. IF she's right and not just changing her mind retroactively.

Quote:
Exactly!, Violet suddenly jumped up at his words a wave of determination and conviction in her wake. "Right, James! You are an Avatar of Aries. You're like his herald - you carry his essence within you and you fulfill his will in return. He has returned in the form of you. The same happened to me - to all of us. I'm only aware of it now. It was like treading in the dark until I saw her in all her splendor and glory. And that's the difference between us and them.", she was pointing outside the window making clear who 'them' was.

"And like you already mentioned - if the old ways have returned we also have to consider that there shall always be a balance. For every good there is an evil of equal might and power. We should prepare for darker times because right now we're making progress but soon enough we shall face a threat that will endanger all our lives."
James nodded and said, "Then you do understand. The magic is back, we have gods and monsters wandering around, for the most part this isn't a good thing. It sounds like you've hit a new level, congratulations. I felt a lot like that when I first became."

James continued, "Moving back to practical matters, I approve of what you're doing, I'll help when I can, but I don't think you want me as a member."

James frowned deeply and looked at Violet's midsection. He said, "Violet... triplets? Or more? Jennifer can't deal with that." shocked

Violet's fervour evaporated like a cloud in a desert. Jennifer?. A look of confusion crossed her face as if she heard the name before but wasn't quite sure who James was talking about. Jennifer... "This has nothing do to with her. What do you mean?", she was clearly not understanding what James was talking about.

"These are my children, not hers!", she angrily screamed at him. A dark aura of anger started to cloud her, fists clenched and ready to fight. She looked like a mother who would defend her children to death and James just threatened her to take them away.

James blinked, Good grief. So much for her becoming more stable. She hasn't even considered this.

James replied, "Of course they're your children. But you are Jennifer. As Violet you get more and more unstable until you need to shift back to your true form. What happens if you shift back pregnant? Jennifer is pregnant too isn't she?"

Violet calmed down just enough to prevent an emotional escalation. Jill had placed her hands on her shoulders a gesture of protection and compassion but she knew she had no chance holding Violet back if she decided to break free.

"Unstable? What are you talking about, James? Who gave you the power to judge who I am. What do you want? Do you want to see her? Is that it? Why did you bring her up?", she asked keeping her anger barely in check. James somehow had crossed a line he didn't know existed. His former lover crossed her arms defiantly under her oversized breasts virtually steaming. Her beautiful eyes resting on his with accusatory zeal.

"I...", she hesitated overthinking her answer. As confusion settled in her anger subsided and her look got less accusatory. "No... Jennifer is... a part of me... a part I don't like much as you know.", she looked at him again, having regained most of her composure.

"Now why do you say that Jennifer won't be able to handle triplets if she is me? That means you don't believe I can handle them. Is that what you wanted to say? That I'm unstable, incapable of taking care of my children? Because if that's what you're trying to say you're not welcomed here anymore... and forget about the offer I made. I don't want you to be their godfather anymore. You can leave now.", she pointed at the door, less angry but not any less convicted.

James replied slowly, clearly, and calmly, "I didn't mean handle as in 'emotionally deal with'. She's you, they're her children too. I meant 'handle' as in 'physically deal with being pregnant with at least three babies'. What happens to your pregnancy when you turn off your powers?"

The hostility slowly dissipated and Violet stepped slowly back from James turning around to face Jill. Looking at her lover gave her strength and security and she quietly explained, "First, stop talking about Jennifer as a seperate person, it just upsets me because it makes me remember things I don't want to recall. Especially you should know that, James. We've all been through that hell and I'm sure that no one wants to go back to that place. Now about the issue if I can physical 'deal' with triplets if I change back - I don't know and I haven't tried. Actually, I haven't thought much about it. I don't change back unless I must. But I can give it a try now."

With that she gave Jill a short nod and exhaled as if she was preparing for something uncomfortable, then she turned around to face James again. He has seen her change before and she felt comfortable enough in his presence to do so again. In the end it was him who helped here come to terms with her two conflicting egos. Violet closed her eyes focusing on shutting down the source of her powers. It was always a moment filled fith anxiety since she didn't like the loss that accompanied the change, the reduction of her abilities and pretty much everything else about her. Why didn't anyone understand that she didn't like to change back, everything about her other self was inferior to her awakened side. Who in his right mind would want to be normal in this world?

James could see the telltale signs of her change. Her hair got darker and brownish until it turned into a vibrant brunette and she lost several inches of her stunningly long legs placing her somewhere closer to 5'7". Her impressive and oversized bust slowly deflated not overflowing the cups of her bodice anymore as did her hips lose their exaggerated curve...

But then it stopped - Violet looked like she was only halfway down the transformation when she suddenly opened her eyes which were still glowing with their supernatural purple color. Her face was a mask of concentration and she gasped for air as if she was drowning. "I... I can't!", she exhaled and then stumbled forward into James' arms. Within seconds her body changed back to Violet's impossible proportions and with the change the tension in her body released. Still gasping for air Violet repeated, "I can't change..."

Quote:
...stop talking about Jennifer as a separate person, it just upsets me...
James nodded in agreement. Me talking about her as a separate person is just confusion on a confusing subject. You talking about her as a separate person is something else.

Quote:
But then it stopped - Violet looked like she was only halfway down the transformation when she suddenly opened her eyes which were still glowing with their supernatural purple color. Her face was a mask of concentration and she gasped for air as if she was drowning. "I... I can't!", she exhaled and then stumbled forward into James' arms. Within seconds her body changed back to Violet's impossible proportions and with the change the tension in her body released. Still gasping for air Violet repeated, "I can't change..."
James caught V and said with deep concern, "Just breath deeply for a few moments. How do you feel other than that?"

Violet looked up at him still struggling to regain her composure. Her bodice had slipped down and didn't cover her humongous boobs anymore. Fiddling around with the cups to put her breasts back in place she slowly calmed down taking deep breathes to center herself.

"I feel... fine. I just can't make the change... it's like... like a deadend. I can't go much further, it's like I can't turn off the source - it's too powerful to be shut down.", she smiled at James actually relieved.

"This is great, James. I feel wonderful and at peace.", she placed her hands on her tummy looking down as far as her breasts let her.

Jill who was worried about the escalation of the situation quickly came closer and put her hands around Violets shoulders looking past her and into James' eyes. Her look was one of worry and confusion and he could tell she had no idea of this and was as surprised as him.

James relaxed marginally when Violet didn't get any worse then relaxed a lot more when she seemed all right. He looked down... Wardrobe malfunction... good god, how does a pregnant women look so hot...

After a moment he forced his gaze upwards and locked glances with Jill. James thought for a moment then said, "It must be a natural reflex to being pregnant. You can't shapeshift. Jennifer... sorry. Your Jennifer body would lose the pregnancy."

James exchanged another look with Jillian. V is stuck as V for 9 months. What's her old record? Weeks? This is going to be hard on everyone.

James added, "And I agree. It'd be an honor to be Godfather."

Her smile couldn't have been more grateful, "Oh James, you don't know how much this means to me.", she jumped around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, James!", there was a brief moment she almost kissed him but she instead held her breath. Slightly embarrassed she slowly pushed him away again and straightened her dress shimmying until everything was back in place.

"I'm sorry - I've got a bit carried away...", her eyes searched his with an apologetic look. "I'm still strongly tied to my emotions and... and from the ambient feelings around me. I didn't mean to hurt you anymore than I already did."

Maybe talking would just make things worse. They had reached a very good point in their conversation and giving in to impulses would ruin it all.

"We're always going to be connected, James. That won't change, it can't be made undone.", she placed one hand on her heart and one on her head and James could guess by the look in her eyes what she meant by those words. Their souls have touched - that experience would always be theirs, no one could take that away.

James hugged Violet, almost kissed her... then reality stepped in and both of them took a step back.

James nodded, not quite trusting himself to speak, it was time to quit while he was ahead. James swallowed hard, then said, "Take care Violet" and turned to leave.

James took two steps then turned and said, "Jill? Would you meet me at the forge in a few?"

James exited Violet's and took a deep breath, then another. The world had changed a lot in the last few minutes. Violet's pregnant. With triplets. And she can induce pregnancy in others. And she's trying to study magic, which is basically the same stuff that destroyed Norman.

And... did I just suggest she met with the other women I'm trying to date? confused No, I just suggested that they join her coven. crazy What on Earth was I thinking? It's not like she's in the habit convincing my lovers that they're lesbians. cry Of course, maybe she'll put in a good word for me. Or... she could just snap her fingers and zap, Jo gets pregnant next time. grin She might even decide that it's for Jo's good. eek Or if any of the girls decide they want to try, they'll have Violet's... ear.

James waited at the forge trying to digest what he'd learned.

James departure was just in time. Violet didn't know what would've happened if he stayed a while longer. For a moment things seemed to be just like they were before they broke up - without all the negativity she felt. As James left Violet sighed but smiled nontheless. She was glad that they had reached a peaceful arrangement and she was positive as long as she reminded herself of her promise to Dan and James wouldn't cross any lines that things would work out within reasonable boundries.

James took two steps then turned and said, "Jill? Would you meet me at the forge in a few?"

Jill perked up not prepared for his request, "Sure...", she answered hesitantly looking at Violet for approval who in return nodded at her with a smile.

Jill waited a few minutes giving James a head start on her. "What do you think he wants?", she asked Violet.

"I honestly don't know, honey. Just be careful, ok?", Violet winked at her and then started to disrobe for a shower. She needed to cooldown after this heated conversation...

A few minutes later Jill arrived at the forge finding James in plain sight obviously lost in thoughts.

"Hey James!", she announced her arrival and walked into the forge making short inventory of her stuff. Finding everything in place she rejoined him and crossed her arms over her muscled pecs. "What do you want to talk about?"

Jill furrowed her brows before she answered and then nodded slowly, "I'm fine, thank you. Why do you ask?", she wasn't sure where this was going. What was James intention? Win her back for him? He could tell that she was getting slightly defensive by her stance.

"I love her and she loves me, is that what you wanted to hear?", she added before he could answer her first question.

James nodded and said, "That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Jill, you're still my sister-in-law, I'm allowed to worry about you."

James sighed and said, "And allowed or not, I'm worried about Violet too. Me referring to Jennifer like a separate person is confusion, her doing it is worrying. Do you think they're splitting?"

Jill sighed and gave James a look through an raised eyebrow as if to tell him 'do I have to?'

"Thanks...", she started and slowly added, "I haven't seen her happier before but Jennifer is still an issue although I'm not sure how to describe it.", Jill stopped suddenly and made sure no one was nearby to overhear their conversation. Keeping her voice low she continued.

"She never talks much about Jennifer and she told me she's afraid that I or Dan would leave her because she isn't as desirable as Violet is. I think she choses to be Violet because that's what she feels most comfortable with. And to be honest - if I could be one of the supers, why would I want to be normal again? What benefit does that have? I don't see any. That's the part I understand about her reluctance but I'm no psychotherapist. There hasn't been any issues, though. No fights or any other escalations... with the exception of your last meeting with her. Something you said to her made her change back and she really hated you for that."

Jill was trying to answer his questions without feeling like she was betraying Violet. She cared for them both and her tie to James was still strong. It was a situation she didn't like to be in, between the frontiers and she would end this conversation if James tried to trick her into something which would plot against her lover.

James replied, "Last time she and I talked about why we broke up. I tried to be truthful about what I saw. It shook her, which I expected... then the day after next she went out and got pregnant, which I didn't." James said this like he thought the two events were connected.

James continued, "And there are benefits to being normal again. Not for me, and if you ever become then not for you, but for Jennifer it's pretty huge... shoot. And now she can't."

James said slowly, "Jill... ok. I think I've interacted a lot more with Jen than you have. V is pregnant, and she's heading for a massive shake up since she can't shift back. That's either really good or really bad, and you're the one who is going to see which. I think you need to know Jennifer's history and what's going on... but it'd be a hard conversation and you're going to get pissed at some dead people."

"So it's red pill or blue pill time. Turn around and go back inside, or I'll take you somewhere more private where you can get seriously angry without attracting attention."

James watched Jill and waited for her decision.

Archived