Aberrant: Dead Rising - Rough Start?[Complete]

Stargaizer

Violet kept her focus on Nathan still waiting for him to answer her other question or see if he took this 'chance' of distraction to avoid answering it. She wouldn't be taking it bad since it was something she'd expected. They were dependent on each other and having an ace up their sleeves surely was a good idea - just in case they needed a fast escape and Dylan was able to find one.

The ultra voluptous seductress took a deep breath and waited patiently just glancing briefly at Dylan but keeping her focus on Nathan. She'd risk loosing her concentration otherwise so Dylan had to wait until she was done with Nathan... although she already knew that Nathan would take more than just one session to be 'done' with. Her unnatural purple eyes flared with new intensity as she slowly took in Nathan's large frame. She could feel her heart beating faster - she liked large and strong men and this one happened to be a dragon... a real dragon.

Dylan looked down at Nathan and gave a half shrug before pulling a small tool kit out of his pocket and reaching up. He seemed to be unscrewing the camera mount and disconnecting the wires.

"IR is military dude. I need those codes to get in to them. I am good but no one is that good. Now if I could just get to D.C. or Cheyenne I could easily get the codes and take control. Although I am starting to get the idea that someone else is on the other side. You ever get that feeling that someone is there even though you can't see them? I tell ya someone has been messing with my coding and I think it is someone with access.

It kind of makes me sad actually. I mean I get the need for security but you would think in this kind of time people would want to work together. Deadeye gets it. He has been helping me with my generator and giving me some great ideas. You know, we should consider going and helping him out. He says he is with a small group of guys that were all working the night shift. I tell ya when you think about everything that has happened the two of us have been kinda lucky. We got each other, we have what we need. I mean I know you want to settle down but hopefully that means you aren't going to forget about me. Go run off with all the other adults and all."

Pulling the camera off the stand he sat down and started working on opening it up.

"But hey your not going to do that to me big guy. Right?"

Nathan looked at Dylan, a little sheepishly at first. "Oh, I guess I just heard you talking about it and missed that you couldn't actually use it." Then he thought about the rest of it. His tone was even and he was trying to be both sincere and calming.

"Dylan, you may not have as much real world experience as the rest of us, but that doesn't matter as much now. Boy, what you can do with computers, especially now, why it's almost... it's almost superhuman." He was starting to think about what Violet had said about 'Awakened' and 'Supers'. He actually hadn't given thought to the fact that anyone else was like him... and he was just now starting to see how broad the phrase 'like him' really was.

He shook his head a little, trying to clear it. "And no, I'm not going to forget about you. I just hope that you can see that settling down with a large enough group of people is preferable to just the two of us. Mutual support, aid, help... who knows, they may even have better food." This last was said with almost a chuckle. While Draygo had a very large apatite, he could eat pretty much anything. Dylan, on the other hand, needed just about as much food as Draygo, but he had the typical teen/college kid palate. He was hoping that that last would distract him away from his new 'shiny', so that he could introduce him to Violet.

Either way... "But you do need to learn some manners. Dylan, this is Violet, she's one of the nurses here and she's doing our quarantine examinations. Violet, this is Dylan, just some stray I picked up alongside the road." The last was said with mirth and a smile. Obviously they were good friends and Nathan was just ribbing Dylan a bit.

"Hey, how ya doin." Dylan looked up and gave Violet a smile and nod. He went back to what he was doing and then stopped. After a moment he slowly looked back up at her.

"You're a nurse?" In truth he was quickly getting over his shock. Thinking about the fact he had been traveling with a man who turned in to a dragon and carried him in a semi trailer all day. He just had thought that would be the weirdest thing he had ever seen. Although the nurse who looked like she had stepped out of a erotic version of a Beastmaster movie was certainly coming close.

"Sorry, I just get a little focused on things. I'm Dylan Harvey, its nice to meet you Violet."

The ultrabusty 'nurse' gave Dylan a warm welcoming smile and nodded at him. "Nice to meet you too, Dylan. So you're Nathan's friend and very much into electronics? You are indeed on the grounds of a military facility so that may give a reason for the things you've analysed so far.", Violet was almost chuckling. Dylan was cute in a geeky sort of way.

"I'd take your word, Nathan, if you told me there's nothing to worry about your friend but unfortunately that's not for me to decide or judge on.", her eyes wandered reluctantly away from the large framed man to the younger boy.

"Are you one of the awakened? Like your friend here?", she nodded brielfy at Nathan with a smile that seemed to invite him to kiss her.

"Awakened? I have no idea what your talking about."

Dylan looked back down and continued pulling out the camera parts and looking them over.

"You mean do I have super powers? Like turning in to a dragon and such? The answer is no, I am just plain regular, far beyond the average me. I am actually a little surprised. Not in the sense of I deserve super powers. It is just I was at the top of the list before all this happened so I guess as the big guy says I may seem like it."

He stopped what he was doing and looked up at them.

"Hey, I was in the top one percentile in the world before all this. You think that makes me the smartest guy still living?"

"Top of which list?", Violet asked curiously. What Dylan revealed sounded most interesting although she had little knowledge about what he was actually talking about. The unearthly beauty decided to steer things back to known waters for her and smiled again.

"Anyway - yes, I was referring to the Supers-Phenomenon. There's not much scientific data but were working on learning as much as possible. I'm sure you'll be put up to date soon enough, once the quarantine is over I happily introduce you to all the 'important' people around here, although I'm sure the Captain's men will take care of that. So far we know that the Supers - or Awakened as I like to call them - seem to be immune to the Z-Virus. You're going to be glad to have found a place where you can sleep soundly without the fear of attacking hordes of Zombies. We're relatively save here."

Violet's eyes quickly found Nathan's again and he could see there was a hint of admiration behind those unnaturally, yet enticingly beautiful eyes of hers. "Do you have any questions? I guess I owe you some 'Quid pro quo'.", her smile was warm and welcoming. Even if she didn't openly claim she was one of the awakened she most definitely had to be somehow - no woman could possibly be so beautiful and so exaggerately built like her - even with plastic surgery...

Nathan either didn't notice, or chose not to respond to Violet's seeming invitation. Instead he listened to the back and forth between Dylan and Violet.

He replied to Dylan first. "Well, buddy, I guess that would depend on who else is left. Your friend Deadeye, he seems pretty sharp. And then there's whoever is messing with your code," he left unsaid the part about 'if' there actually were someone messing with his code. Dylan was smart, super-humanly smart, but modesty helped. Just because he had a big brain didn't mean that he had to get a big head...

Then he turned his attention to Violet. "Well, I think the only questions I would have would be about the Refuge here. You said there are others like us, what's the ratio here? What are some of the rules here, besides quarantine? Is there anything provided for new folk, like shelter or lodging, or are we on our own with what we brought? Is there a communal pool for some resources?

You know, simple stuff like that." Nathan gave Violet a good humored smile. He knew that she probably wouldn't be able to answer all his questions, security or what not, but he was just honestly curious and wanted to know more about what he was getting them into. And sooner seemed better than later.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer

Then he turned his attention to Violet. "Well, I think the only questions I would have would be about the Refuge here. You said there are others like us, what's the ratio here? What are some of the rules here, besides quarantine? Is there anything provided for new folk, like shelter or lodging, or are we on our own with what we brought? Is there a communal pool for some resources?

You know, simple stuff like that." Nathan gave Violet a good humored smile. He knew that she probably wouldn't be able to answer all his questions, security or what not, but he was just honestly curious and wanted to know more about what he was getting them into. And sooner seemed better than later.

Violet listened to Nathan's questions and nodded briefly giving him another of her enticing smiles.

"The ratio is hard to tell... I guess the Captain can give you detailed numbers on that. As far as awakened living here I'd say around 10 but that is subject to change. Some of them are scavengers and just regularly stop here for trade and resupply. I'm one of the permanent residents."

The improperly endowed succubus shifted her stance mentally going through the rules she knew about, "No weapons inside the refuge and if you start trouble it's a one way ticket out of here. Concerning shelter and lodging - that's a tough one. We're building housing but it's not finished yet. Most of the refugee's live in the Tent Town. I'm sure there's still some room for the both of you. I'd be willing to give you shelter at my place if you're interested. I'd be honoured actually.", she gave Nathan another warm smile and slowly retreated.

"If there's nothing else you want to know I let the Captain know about your arrival here. I think he'd be interested in meeting you in person."

Nathan looked between Dylan and Violet, listening carefully to her explain the rules and give her offers. "Oh, they're building houses? I'll have to go and introduce myself, I can probably help them build it quicker and better, unless you happen to have other licensed contractors around?

You mean... You'd take us in? Well, it'd be better than sleeping in the trailer, don't you think Dylan?" He looked over to his friend, looking either for confirmation of dismissal before looking back at Violet. "You wouldn't happen to have... do you have beds at your place?"

Nathan paused a little, at the thought of actually being able to sleep on a bed again. But, he quickly shook his head and brought himself back. "You think Captain Fox would really be interested in meeting us in person? Do you think he would be able to see us here, or would we need to make an appointment for once we get out of here? I'd really love to know what needs we could help fill. It'd be real nice to help people again."

A smirk lifted one of the corners of his mouth as he thought about how he never really appreciated his job or all the people around him until they all turned into zombies. He chuckled under his breath at the proof of the saying 'you don't know what you have until it's gone'.

Without looking up he followed the conversation. He seemed very focus on the camera pieces.

"A bed would be cool for a night or two. I am fine with the trailer though usually it keeps me close to my work. But I still never mind a alternative.

Violet, you should tell this guy Fox that we are the two to talk to. I can already see some problems with his electronics around here and there are always ways of improving them. The big guy here and I can pretty much together build anything you can think of."

Violet nodded friendly at Nathan and Dylan, "Of course I'm talking about real beds and my invitation stands - if you want I'd take you in my place... both of you that is. As for helping building the other structures I'm sure the Captain would appreciate every professional hand he can get. The basic trades have become far more important now. Carpenters, masons, construction workers... all that is required to rebuilt what we have lost. And of course electronics, too. Those are all not my fields of expertise, though and I must kindly ask you to speak to Captain Fox about that. You'll find me at the hospital or at my place - you won't miss it, everyone knows where it is."

The impossibly beautiful yet obscenely oversexed woman looked at the one and a half men and gave them another perfect smile briefly waiting if they wanted to add something before she left. She would tell Ger to get the Captain and check out these two newcomers, from what they said their skills and abilities sounded promising. Very promising in Draygo's case Violet mused to herself. His arrival had a touch of prophecy, she would have to consult her books to interpret this.

Nathan nodded to Violet, "I think we might take you up on that offer, at least until we can find a place of our own, here, to stay. A real bed would be nice, wouldn't it?" The question was directed towards Dylan. His attention turned quickly back to Violet though. "I agree that the basic trades are... more acknowledged now. That's one reason I was so eager to find a community; I know I can help. And I guess we'll just wait here to talk to Captain Fox, or is there someone we should contact about setting up a meeting?"

Nathan seemed very calm, as if he were adjusting quickly and was already at ease in this new environment... or it could've just been the calming presence of Violet. The world may never know.

"His right hand man Ger is the man you're looking for. I'll tell him on my way outside that you want to talk to the Captain. And like I offered - just come to my place if you are looking for somewhere to stay until you've decided what to do next. I've got plenty of room. Especially for you.", Violet smiled giving Nathan a very inviting look.

Assuming that there was nothing else to add the buxom 'witch' retreated out of the Quarantine zone and made her way back to the hospital. On her way out she made sure to let Ger know that the newcomers wanted to talk to Captain Fox. It was the least she could do for them.

Fox arrived shortly after Violet left. He'd heard that there were people among the most recent refugees that had important skills to offer. When he was pointed toward the pair he approached, "Welcome to the Refuge. I understand you two wanted to see me?"

He had been told they had skills to offer, but that could come later, first an introduction.

Nathan got up to his feet as someone entered their room. He smiled as he noticed the military uniform, haircut and attitude. This was either Captain Fox or this Ger that Violet had spoken of. He smiled. It seemed as if Violet was good to her word after all. Nathan was glad that she wasn't just blowing fluff.

As the Captain (or Ger) approached, Nathan offered his hand for a shake, then a flash of realization went across his eyes as he lowered it before their new friend could take it. "Heh, when in quarantine shaking mightn't be the most appropriate of friendly gestures. But yes, my name is Nathan, and this is my friend slash associate slash accomplice Dylan. We asked to see the leader of The Refuge, a Captain Fox, and we were told that the man to see would be a Ger...? I would assume that you are one of them? Either way, pleasure to meet you."

Hopefully Nathan's friendly demeanor and relatively cheerful talk would assure that whomever they were talking to that they were friends and simply wanted to help. Of course, it didn't hurt that that was the truth.

Nathan glanced over at Dylan, to see if he was going to say anything, or if he was going to let Fox answer and stay silent for the moment.

• 2 months later...

Archived