World of Darkness: Balance of Power - [Werewolf] A Night Howl

z-Luna

As Miles made his way to his packs locus he considered the meeting. The Forsaken had known nothing. It wasn't a total surprise. Miles hadn't suspected them of being involved so what ever now was hiding from him would also hide from them. The question, however, became was it hiding? It eliminated two pure packs in one night. Almost seemingly in an instant. He had not been separated from them for that long. Why was he spared? He could not help but glance out his window up at the moon. Were the Forsaken next?

Miles couldn't let that happen. No matter what kind of war went on between them, no Pure meant only the Forsaken could watch the area. The thought also came to him if the Forsaken were unwilling to work together on this he could take the risk of calling in more Pure. It would not be that hard to bring more Fire-Touched in to the city to investigate. Still it could take days to find them. He would keep that plan in reserve for now. Perhaps it was just best to wait at the locus and see if any spirits brought him word of a lead.

Originally Posted By: Rorx
"It's a plan." comments the late comer, "but do any of you have any idea where their loci were? 'Cos othewise you could be searching the city for a while before you stumble upon one." the last directed more at Duke than the rest.

Duke smirked. "I know where their territories are, but not their loci. You wise gents just chased away the one fella who could tell you that, as well as get you safe over on the other side of the Shadow. Bet you my favorite jersey that the spirits around those loci will be openly hostile to you."

He smiled, though the expression was more like the baring of teeth. "You folks wanna know where to find their territorial markers?"

You couldn't help but notice the...toothiness of Duke's grin. Jason stepped forward, arms folded across the chest of his tweed blazer. "While I don't speak on behalf of the group I do believe that we'd like to know where their territories are" eyes scanning those assembled Jason looked for dissenters.

"Anything I could tell you about them is moot until they're found," Duke said, quirking an eyebrow at them. "We have some intel about the Pure packs and their totems, but it's useless now." He handed over a road map of the metro area, with an area in Mission Hills, Kansas marked and an area off near Prospect Street in Kansas City, Missouri. "Here's where the packs areas are. Where their loci are is unknown."

Jack quickly noted the position and extent of the territories when the map made it's way around to him, but also commented, "Actually some more of that intel would be nice right now, even if they are gone. For instance it makes quite a bit of difference how big those packs were and how competent you thought they were. It's different if whatever it was has vanished a couple of packs with only 2 or 3 Pure each, all of whom were not much more than pups rather than 2 packs of 8 to 10 battlehardend and experienced warrior-sages."

Duke chuckled. "We had a war going on. What do you think? The Pure have bigger packs, meaner totems and better relations with the spirits. If they were pushovers, we would have already pushed them over.

"The Ivory Claws pack was the Mission Hills pack," Duke said, "and they kept the territory there. All of them were rich, and they had influence in the city. We think they had mob ties. They were good fighters, but they were better at buying your territories out from under you and then fucking them up good. The Fire-Touched liked the Plaza. Less is known about them; they have very good relations with the spirits, which made spying on them difficult."

Kara had watched as the Anshega had stalked off to his car; even as the last of the exhaust vapour wafted away on the cold night air, she was left wondering just how far back his departure would set the task at hand.

Conversation had continued around the Bone Shadow, but only after a few minutes did she return to it, just in time to hear the description of the former Pure territories.

"What's the closest of those to 75th Street and Interstate 435?"

Until now, Colin had held his tongue and let the others speak. He wasn't part of Duke's pack and was still undecided as to whether he was going to settle in the area, so it was really only by Duke's dubious generosity that he was at this meeting at all. Still, when he saw a tactical error he felt compelled to speak.

He stepped out from behind one of the Jayhawks with a confident stride and crossed his arms over his muscled chest. "We should go after the Pure One and bring him back here," he said in a quiet yet strong voice, his face betraying no emotion. "We will need to keep an eye on him at the very least and that is easier if we know where he is."

"Agreed" Jason spoke again in response to one of his brethren. "As I said before as the last of the anshega he should be monitored. It stands to reason that whatever is behind the disappearances will be after him next. And the easiest way to watch him is to bring him into the fold."

Jason looked around the faces of those gathered. He knew this was an unpopular idea because it had already come up not to mention the Pure and Forsaken being mortal enemies despite their shared lineage.

Originally Posted By: Kara Dream-Speaker
"What's the closest of those to 75th Street and Interstate 435?"

"Well," Duke said, rubbing his chin. "The Firetouched pack, Tongues of Flame, is closest. They are the group hanging around the Plaza." He sighed and rolled his shoulders.

"If you're lucky, you'll find that Anshega is one of the Tongues of Flame. Otherwise, you'll have to figure out which house in Mission Hills to look in, and I don't envy you that at all."

"So, the eight of us traipse through town investigating these territories." She quirked her brow up slightly. "We'll stand out like Garth Brooks at a Slip Knot concert, but I'm down."

She pushed off the tree and shrugged. "Where to first?"

Jack looks around the group, "You had a Pure in here?" he shakes his head briefly then turns to Jason, "If whatever it was didn't bother with him the first time he was either too far out of the way, or below their notice. Either way, there is little reason to think they would bother with him again. More likely to come for us next I'd say."

• 2 weeks later...

"I'd say we head to the Plaza, then. Check out these Tongues of Flame bunch and see how their turf stands." Walks-Too-Soft said to Swara with a grin and shrug of his slender shoulders inside the bulky army-surplus jacket. He glanced at the others present, his smile turning slyly mischievous. "You all can come along if you like."

"Let's go then." She said cheerily with a bright smile that lit up the night. "I'm not waiting around for these guys. Talk and debating doesn't solve things, I wanna get my claws into this and be done with it."

She took his arm and led him away, not waiting for the rest of the crowd. What was the point? They'd just keep talking and posturing all night and the trail was already pretty cold. "Oh, but I like seriously need to hit up a Hardees' or Wendy's or something, I'm totally famished. Swara. Needs. Grindage."

• 1 month later...

Archived