Mutants & Masterminds: Mecha Mayhem - Chapter 2.2 Escape From Pan City

Rebekka Van der Vyse

Buck Nods and as Conrad nears Big Monty's Two marines come flying out of the front Door, and Elson Novak, all seven foot of him towers in the doorway. "You boys cool off out side. The ladies said they ain't interested."

He looks up and sees Conrad. "Hey Lieutenant..." there's a crash of furniture behind him. He smiles "Just in time for the party." He ducks back inside and more crashing and wood breaking can be heard.

The brawl was in full effect, and most of the Caballeros didn't even stop at the sound of his voice. In the thick of it were both Mariska Savage, and Patricia Marcos, two of the four female Caballeros. Mariska's top was slightly torn, and Patricia's neck seemed to have some bruises. There wasn't really alot of things that would stop the 'lleros from exacting retribution.

• 2 weeks later...

The effects of the brawl weren't beneficial to the cause. There were four Caballerros with injuries, bruises a pair of broken bones and several cuts, but the modern forces had fared far worse, with at least a dozen bleeding or unconscious on the ground, and the bar was a mess. Elson had actually shown the most restrain, not actually killing the ones he fought when he easily could have. The sirens of local police and MP's could be heard at all the other bars along the strip. Cowboy's com chirped three times in succession, the Llerro evac signal, sent by Mariska.

"Alright boys and Girls we gotta motor. Risky's bunch ran into issues. Meet back at the boat." Just as the MP's zoomed past the bar, Cowboy began leading the Lerro's out, his hand holding onto Serra's.

"Sandy, what's the haul?"

"31 cases boss. not nearly enough time for more. "It'll do for now."

"Conrad, Peep, I need a sitrep on your Bars' Status."

Peep's Mexican accent was evident. "No injuries, but not alot of money. I paid the tender and some of the guys to say they heard and saw nothin. They aren't mil, so the MP's won't mean jack. We are Enroute."

Sera laughed as she and Cowboy started heading for the boat, pressing herself close to him, just to help with keeping floor where it was. As she passed there table, she had the presence of mind to finish her drink and snag the bottle.

"Com'on sis, Gordans, reconnaissance mission is over," The chief giggled again at hearing the haul. "That'sh all right, we'll plan 'nother raid - I mean, recon later."

Just before they exited, Seraphine whirled from Cowboy's grasp and turned back to bar, blowing the crowd kisses. "Toddles boys, thanksh for th'booze. Until next time." She left with more husky laughter.

Getting back to the boat was easy, even getting Gordan's Valk was simple. The entire squadron however was met by the entire First ATAC regiment when they returned, and the General wasn't happy.

"I can have you all in the brig for this." The Caballerros were all zip-cuffed, and most were sitting ther with a smug smile on their faces. Gordan's Valk was missing all its ammo, and instead was loaded with all the booze.

Thanks to the Chief being part of the conspiracy, Gordan's Tech agreed to store it safely.

Gordan, Serra, Roxy, and Julianna were all taken to a briefing room, where Ozma and Captain Ramius waited.

Conrad was left with the Caballerros, most of whom had at least 3 drinks in them. Cowboy and Buck were next to him and "Risky". Risky elbowed Conrad and smiled. "Think They'll bust all of us?"

Sera tried to keep her eyes steady on Ozma and Captain Ramius, but was having difficulty on focusing on all four at once, so she settled on two empty spaces between them and hoped everything would equal out. Their steely eyed silence was wearing on her, but she was troubles keeping a reserved expression on her face, a crooked grin threatening to break out, time and again.

"Raccoon - Wreckinnescent - the misshion's a shuckshess, sirs," Sera said, finally shattering the silence. "We've shtudied them Amer'cans, nowsa just hafta colgate - I mean collate the info from th'others and write up the report. Should be ready inner morning, shirs."

Chief Engineer Seraphine Devereaux stared between Captain Ramius and Commander Ozma in drunken innocence.

Captain Ramius looks to the others, waiting to hear their explanations.

-------------

Risky nods. "Yeah we had an almost legitimate mission..."

"Stifle it, Cowboy's gonna catch enough hell as it is." Buck's gruff voice silenced most of the Llerro's, as they watched the General take Cowboy out of the room and the door sealed behind them.

She had been drinking some, but she was no where near as gone as some of the others, or at least, she could manage somewhat coherent thought. "Don't be rid.. redicul.. reiculous, you know, and we know, that we was going stir crazy. Pan city is all well and good, Captain, but...." She stood up, and walked over to the window, stumbling a bit, cause she was somewhat drunk.

"Look at it, Captain... all perfect...even streets and buildings. Besides...some..er.. what was I saying?" She lost her train of thought.

Ozma looks to Gordan. "Anything to add to the stunning reports I've heard thus far?"

---------------

Cowboy returned an hour later with a huge grin on his face, and a bruise that was starting to darken on his left cheek. He fell onto the floor and after coughing blood and a groan he sat up, his hands ziptied tight.

"Shit-eating tanker thought he could go punch for punch... I don't think he'll wake up for a few hours... Course the ass end of the other three's guns kinda sucked."

As he finished talking his eyes rolled back and he passed out on the floor.

Very well then. Murrue looked at her airboss. He shrugged and nodded. "Allright, as punishment you won't be locked up, but all of you are confined to the ship and grounded for a period of one Week. Those of you wh aren't pilots will be put on unpaid leave., the pilots will be put to work in the hangar and recclamation area."

She got up and left and Ozma smiled. "Twenty seven cases isn't too bad, wsh you'd have managed to get more."

He left and went to where the Caballeros were held. "The Caballerros are grounded and confined to the ship for a week, furthermore, you are all assigned to maintenence and recclamation for that time."

Cowboy nods and Ozma looks at him. "Be happy I'm a big fan of good whiskey."

(3 PP)

Archived