Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - The Game [Mature]

Mech

"Well, I was planning on showering, then cooking breakfast. After that I'm going to need to make some arrangements, af least for awhile."

He smiles. "I should probably let you get back to being a municipal defender, and start looking for somewhere to stay in Seattle."

"Unless recent developments have changed your mind about your profession, I simply can't ask you to stay here where it's most convenient for me, so for as long as you choose to be the Defender of Seattle, that' where I'll hang my hat."

He reaches out and strokes her shoulder casually, "I want to be where I can be close to you, without causing you any undue stress. If you want, I'd even go so far as to take your place in the agreement."

He smiles calmly. "In Fact, I could arrange that neither of us actually had to be in Danger, considering my abilities."

He shrugs. "It's up to you my love, I won't deny you doing what you enjoy."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Beloved, I am committed, honor demands that I hold to that committment, or at least insure that commitment is covered." She moved into his lap, and put her arms around his neck, holding him as she continued.

"Additionally, to alter my behavior too soon, could make things dangerous for both of us, my love, my parents had considerable troubles when my mother became pregnant with me. Someone attempted to assassinate them."

"I do want our child to be safe, but I'm not sure the best path to that is, but I am not easy to harm at all. If you have an suggestions, love, I would love to hear them."

"Well, considering you and I can both make transit rapidly, you could always just stay here with me, and go to Seattle when you're called."

"How long is the contract you signed with Seattle?"

He frowns when told of the assassination attempt. "Aurora once this gets out it's going to be VERY hard to cover up. I attract attention from the Media any time someone sees me anywhere but my hometown, as you've already seen."

"I know you're very tough, but I also worry about the repeated use of our teleportation will have on our child. it's something, I hate to say it, but we may have to ask your parents about."

"I'll live anywhere you want Aurora, so long as at the end of the night I have you in my arms."

"I can stay here with you, that's fine with me, Conner, my love." She hugged him tightly. "And your missing something, I told you I always know perfectly every aspect of my body, and am always in perfect health. While your son is here" she put her hand over her stomach. "He will remain fine, regardless of what occers."

"My contract can be ended by either side, but only with 3 months warning, and if it's on my side, I'm committed to finding someone to replace me."

"As to hiding things, no reason to hide our relationship, my love, but there's no reason anyone needs to find out anything about our child until it can no longer be hidden."

He smiles. "It was never my intent to give you the idea I wanted to hide our relationship. I'm proud to call you the woman I love."

He puts a hand over hers over her stomach. "My son eh? He's our son, I much prefer the sound of that."

He looked at her. "Then we can get your things from Seattle, we'll just make a few trips. I can fix up the Master bedroom, and we can continue on as he have the last week."

He chuckles. "Well almost as we have. I think now we're both looking a little bit further now."

"Why don't you gget dressed and go back to Seattle and pack up any belongings you need and bring them here. For appearances, we can periodically go to your place and make it seem like we're dividing our time, and that someone lives there."

"This isn't just my home anymore Aurora, it's our home, our family's home."

She inclined her head to one side, looking at him curiously, then she smiled slightly. "I have very little that I need to get darling, at the moment, I have a appartment, but I'd only been living in it about a month.. so it doesn't have much, I was still decorating for the most part, there's nothing there I really have to have."

He nods "Alright then."

He smiles. "Well I need to go shopping for awhile, there's some things I need to get. If you want to go make a quick patrol of Seattle and then meet me back here for lunch I can promise I'll be back by then. It won't take too long. When I get back I'll make lunch and then we can do whatever you like."

His smile shows the promise of something special.

She gave him a long curious look, then she nodded. "I need to clean up some, take a quick shower myself, then I'll get dressed, and go do that quick patrol your suggesting." She smiled, wondering what sort of game he was playing this time.

"Dos that work, my love?" She began to walk toward the shower, giving him a come hither look, and a wink over her shoulder as she headed into the bath room.

Of course, the shower turned into something a bit longer and more interesting, but it didn't last as long as she might have wanted, sense she was mindful of the fact that Conner seemed to want to take care of something.

So, once the shower was done, she dried off, and went out to put her eufiber suit back on. Then, with a flicker, she was gone, transporting directly to Seattle, and moving around the city to make sure things were going fine. She jumped from one location to the next, spent about ten minutes or so there, then jumped to another spot. About 3 to 4 hours later, she jumped back to the house, to see what Conner had been upto most of the morning.

Connor for his part dressed and grabbed his wallet and checkbook. He vanished, reppearing at Tiffany's of New York and smiled. perhaps he was rushing things, but he didn't care. They were going to be together from now on, this seemed morelike a formality. But it was an important one.

Two hours and forty thousand dollars later, he emerged with a ring and a necklace he thought Aurora would like, because they cast a rainbow of colors when hit just right, like her namesake.

Another hour was spent selecting the perfect ingredients from some of the best Fresh Seafood suppliers in New Orleans. He returned home, and in the final hour before lunch he prepared a dish that he'd been taught how to make by his mother, the family recipe for Shrimp Etouffette, and Chicken Laffite, a local dish of lightly braised chicken, with garlic bread, Dirty rice, and a fresh salad. He made a full pitcher of iced sweet tea and smiled, the object in his pocket the real suprise he had. In the background the soft tones of instrumental jazz played, setting a relaxing and calming mood.

When Auora returned he felt her and smiled. "Come on into the dining room, you're just in time, lunch is ready."

She was rather curious at this point, and still slightly concerned about this whole situation, but the fact that Conner had been so supportive, made it weigh much easier on her mind and heart. She allowed what she considered her duties in seattle to occupy her mind for the most part. When she returned, she paused a moment to greet the dogs, scratching both of them behind the ears for a moment, before she followed Conner's voice, heading into the dinning room, to see what he had in store.

Invited to take a seat, she looked around curiously, her eyes dropping to the box a moment, then she shrugged to herself, Conner would tell her what he planned, or wanted, in due time.

She took a seat as he indicated, though she thought it would be more fun, and interesting to sit in his lap. Still, if he wanted her to do something, if it made him happy, she was more then delighted to do it.

"Giving you a taste of what living with me is like."

He laughs. "Besides, I can and generally eat all of this myself without even flinching. I don't have to eat, but when I do I normally eat alot, taking advantage of my nova metabolism."

He waited for her to finish eating and then pushed the box containing the platinum and diamond necklace he decided on.

"Open it, Aurora."

She pushed the plate and food aside, she didn't eat nearly as often as he did, sometimes she went long periods without, simply because she didn't feel like eating... like the time she had spent a week down on the ocean floor, exploring, seeing what was there.

At the moment, though, she wanted to please her lover, and so she took the box in her hands, then paused. She then went around the table, and climbed into his lap, setting the box on the table in front of both of them.

Then she opened it, and she looked inside, and her eyes widened. "Oh, Conner, it's lovely..."

He smiled. "There is something else that goes with it too Aroura. He gets out of the chair holding her and goes to one knee, giving her one to remain sitting on. One arme wrapped around her, the other produces and opens a small box revealing diamond and platinum ring.

"Considering everything that's happened, and how wonderful this week has been, How would you like to make this a more long-term thing?"

He looks directly into her eyes and holds the ring to her. "Will you marry me?"

She was still somewhat curious, as he set her on his knee and knelt in front of her, then her eyes widened and she smiled, a smile like the beauty of the sunrise as her delight spread over her face. "Of course, I'll marry you, Conner, my love."

She was so happy at the moment that tears were falling down her face, and she made no moves to stop them, allowing her emotions to be openly displayed to her beloved.

Connor smiles, and makes no attempt to reign in any of his happiness and natural talents. He takes the ring from the case and slips it on her finger then sweeps her up in his arms kissing her passionately.

"You don't know how happy you've made me Aurora."

He chuckles and drops a hand to her stomach even as he holds her to him, noticing her tears of joy. "Ok, so maybe you do but still..."

He kissed her again. "I don't know how your family's gonna take this, but I know my parents are gonna be ecstatic. My little sisters too. I think they adore you almost as much as me."

He chuckles. "You mentioned your sisters, you think they saw this coming?"

"My father sometimes predicts things regarding odds and possiblities, I'm sure that he saw this possiblity. However, he can't actually see the future, or the minds of others, my sisters can, and do. Because of it, they are the only ones in the family who can and have managed to beat my father at any strategy game."

She pushed him over and then laid down on top of him, there on the floor, then kissed him slowly, and sensually, before continuing. "I promise, they saw this coming, on some level or another, in the possibilities they see."

Connor smiled, stading up and leading her around the massive home. There were ten bedrooms, four baths, a Sauna, A Study, the Upstairs and downstairs dens, the living room, The gargantuan kitchen and dining room, a large foyer with two sweeping staircases, and The Master bedroom on the second floor. All the rooms were plain, the exception being his bedroom, the downstairs den, and the bathroom adjacent to his room. He took her up onto each Veranda, one with the Hamock and a few heavy chairs, the otherside with a barbeque pit and a full setup of picnic tables and chairs.

Outside the home was a 5 car garage, a huge driveway and pool in the back of the house, with a ten foot high privacy fence. Several old White Oak trees added areas of shade, and in the fron it was one big oak tree flanked by stands of pine trees.

The Front of the house, facing the water, opened into a large inner courtyard. Underneath the Verandas was the Patio area, with heavy wooden benches and ancinet looking rocking chairs.

"Well now you've seen the whole house, I know it needs some work, but When the previous owner passed away, his son is a good friend of my Dad. They live up in Tulsa and didn't want the place. I'd just finished "World War III" and I was told it was on the market. It took most of what I made from the movie, but I bought the house and boat and boathouse and have called it home ever since."

"It's beautiful, Conner, I can already see a few places that could use some work, curtains, decorations, and pictures. Though, I suppose, that sort of thing needs to plan around the dogs too." She looked around for both of the large dogs, who it seemed had been following them. She then went to both of them, and petted them for a moment, then looked back at Conner. "It's a nice place to raise a family, although.. I think my parents are considering moving off the planet."

"Well, Dad is concerned not so much about immediate treads, but long term ones, and some of the various tensions. He says that the various groups are more or less heading down a path to war, and he's a master of tactics and strategy, he's almost never wrong about these things. Also, if he were, my sisters would know, and would say something.. they haven't." She paused.

"He does say, however, that folks like you and I, who seek to ease tensions, keep it further in the future.. but.." She paused. "Matters don't look good."

She reached out to Conner and pulled him down for a long kiss, before continuing. "But, that's for the future, its not now.. my father is simply preparing for the coming storm on the horizon."

Connor nodded. "I'll look into it then."

He kissed her and then smiled. "So hat ould you like to do today? We could start decorating the empty rooms and such, and the living room and downstairs den, and the bathrooms."

He chuckles. "I realize that's incredibly mundane for a nova couple like us, but I don't care, so lng as I'm with you."

"true. My own tastes are fairly eclectic, so seeing ohow they mesh with yours will be most interesting."

"We can start here locally, or go somewhere else if you don't mind it not getting here immediately. Our abilities lend to shopping without boundaries."

He kisses her nose. "On another note, should I be somewhat worried about what your family's going to say about this?"

"Well, I doubt my sisters are all that suprised, I imagine they already know that your were going to be, or likely to be, thier brother in law during the last visit." She paused, and she leaned to kiss his cheek. "You might have to have another talk with my father, but only because he sort of sees it as his duty.." She sighed. "And I'm going to have a long talk with mom."

He smiled. "Well we can go to a couple of places here in town, then on to Houston and New York Afterwards."

He leads her to the Garage, which houses 4 vehicles and a beat-up looking aluminum boat. He leads her to the jeep and once situated drives to The best Furniture store in town.

John Foret, the owner and manager smiles as Connor approaches. "Connor what brings you and sucvh a lovely lady to my place?"

"Here to get some stuff for the house John. I've still got ten rooms that are pretty much empty. I Figured I'd let Aurora come check out what you've got here before we try Big H and some of the other places I know."

He smiles. "Gotta support hometown buisness when i can."

John smiles and looks to Aurora. "Now Ma'am what exactly are you interested in purchasing? I've got most brands of furniture and beds, chairs and couches, and some artwork, though mostly it's of wildlife in their habitat."

He looks at Connor. "He's bought some already, to be a stark contrast to the scrolls adorning some of his walls." The Young man chuckled, clearly he knew Connor well.

She followed Conner out of the house, and paused a moment to look at his cars, then glances over the boat a moment, and smiles, before joining him in the jeep. Curious and interested, she looks over his home city as they move around in it, and when the stop at the furnture store, she begins to look around.

"I'm thinking I'd like something warm, to give the house a home like feel, but I'd also like a bit of adventure to it. Some large paintings of natural scenes, and even some statuary might add to the ambiance." She looks at Conner a moment. "What do you think, love?"

"I'm not so sure ont statues, but the art is fine." He looks to John. "You know most of what's in the house, so something you think sets that up."

John nods and leads the nova couple to a section of art, that's scenes by Thomas Kincaid, One of a quite view of a valley from a mountain, another a picture of a waterwheel on the river. More pictures include the New Orleans, Baton Rouge and Lake Charles Skylines. Several depictions of marshland habitats, and the a few of Holly Beach on the gulf of mexico.

"These are good, I like them, do you have any with animals in them?" She pauses to look over a bed, then some couches and bedsheets, before turning back to look at some more pictures. She wanted to make the house look more lived it, at the moment, and as she thought about it, warm and inviting. "Do you have any furniture in the traditional style, as well?"

Archived