Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Scheherazade's Holodeck

Krul

Sapphire gave the graceful doctor a nod. "I would want to keep the good doctor...s, waiting," she said with a smile and began making her way to the Medbay. As she passed by the Captain, she almost, but not quite, touched Namiah's hand with her own.

Captain Daylan affected an unruffled aura of pure professionalism, but Sapphire knew the still pond on her mind, and could sense the tiny ripples of avoidance, the slight unreadiness remaining from the circumstances of their last meeting.

*We will have to talk later, Nami. I want everything to be well between us...I'm only here, because of you.* Namiah could feel Sapphire's yearning, desire, sincerity... And surprisingly, a small thread of old sorrow, steady and unforgotten.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I met Zade briefly," Captain Daylan said softly, smiling a little at the memory. "As a being, she's young, but she'll learn quickly. I rather like her." It was also, she noted quietly, imprudent to say anything bad about the being that was literally all around you and provided life support to you.

"The dream-raid," she said, acutely aware of Sapphire disappearing ahead of them. "Oh, yes, that's been... eight years? Has it been so long?" She shook her head. "Anyway, Doctor, what have you been doing?"

Amanda & the Captain

"Ah, her name is Zade then? Taking the last part of the ship's name, that should work out quite well." She responded to Namiah's words with a passing node to Kaien he vanished. At the moment, she was passing information back and forth between all of her duplicates, taking care of two physicals, and talking with Namiah. Sapphire was slightly distracting, almost beautiful enough to distract the attention of all three of her, but she forced herself to distance the communication slightly, in order to better maintain a certain distance. At least, distance between sapphire and her other duplicates, she wasn't sure a distance from the beautiful Elan was going to be easy at all.

"Advancing my degree in medicine, and exploring my healing abilities, I am now one of the few of my people who can actually manipulate the genetic code directly, though it takes time, as it requires a healing trance."

Namiah repressed a shudder at the mention of genetic manipulation. It was one of the few scientific taboos on her planet, though it was rarely shared with outsiders. "Always good to know my chief medical officer is going to be well-trained and knowledgeable," Namiah said with a slight smile. "You should join me for dinner tonight," she said, referring to the small private dining area reserved for the Captain and her chosen guests. "We can catch up." She wanted to give the first dinner to T'aeg, but she couldn't show him favoritism. He was a member of her crew, and she had to remember that. Just as she had to remember it with Sapphire.

Amanda & The Captain

She paused a moment, there was no way that Namiah could hide that emotional reaction from her, and she wondered at it slightly. Still, there was no reason to say anything about it, and instead she continued to walk beside the Captain. "That sounds wonderful, will it just be the two of us, or did you intend to invite someone else?" As she walked down the hall, twice she almost stumbled, a sign that something in one of other selves drew more attention for an instant.

"Just you and me," Namiah replied, giving her a slight smile. "I plan to meet with everyone that way, eventually. I want to know the members of my crew, both as Leaguers and as beings. I know some of them already, somewhat. And some are completely new to me."

When Amanda stumbled, Namiah said, "Don't let me distract you from your work. We can talk later."

Archived