Mutants & Masterminds: Galactic League - Scheherazade's Holodeck

Krul

Operating as a training room, gym, pool, and recreational facility, the Holodeck is quite large, and due to D-Tech, it's size shifts one occasion. While it's natural setting is simply that of a room with walls made off some sort of iridescent silver metal, it can be set to anything the crew desires.

Click to reveal..

Your characters can do whatever you like here, and can change the settings to anything you want, and spend time getting to know one another.. tell stories, practice martial arts, exercises, whatever you like. The only thing I require, is that you remain in character.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chance had barely spent 15 minutes in her quarters when she decided to explore the ship. There wasn't much she could do in her quarters anyway. She had almost next to no personal gear and had no time to go back home and get some of her stuff she wanted to have.

The young woman sighed and checked out the uniform that had been given to her. She doubted she could wear that and asked herself if the Elders of the Mystic Circle had not mentioned anything about her 'unusual' condition. Chance decided to try on the uniform later, when they were actually going on a mission. No reason to cause any trouble right now.

The Ships AI guided her safely to the holodeck - the place that intrigued her the most. Chance entered the large cube like room and was... disappointed. She had expected something different. Her eyes scanned the room for any obvious controls and she sighed after she found she had no idea how to operate this thing. "Better not touch anything or something strange will happen...", she quietly said to herself.

(ooc: Chance just arrived on board and is exploring the ship. Feel free to join and help her out ;))

As sleep claimed them, Sapphire kissed her lovers on their lips, her touch as soft of dream. *Until next time, sweet ones* With an ethereal thought, she stroked their minds and the rest of their sorrow fled, even as they shivered in delight. Her perfect lips curved in a satisfied smile, and then she dissipated into motes of deep-blue light, into the essence of pure thought.

An instant later, Sapphire Rose coalesced aboard the comfortable confines of Sheherazade, dressed in diaphanous scarves of blue and purple. Still feeling the pleasant ache of lovemaking, she decided to head for the Holodeck. She felt a desire to bask in the hot springs of the grotto of the Crystalline blossoms, if only a fascimile - she had been off ship for too long, else she would have simply gone to the real thing.

She drifted into the holodeck, spectacular legs crossed at the knee, sitting indolently in the air as if supported by an invisible, comfortable seat. She raised an elegant, blue brow, surprised that the holodeck was in its base state, then smiled languidly as she noticed the dark-cloaked woman looking put out with the lack of controls.

"Pardon me, cloaked one, but you look in need of some aid," Sapphire purred in a silky contralto, using her real voice while alone with a stranger - hopefully not a stranger for long. "I am Sapphire Rose and it seems you need a little help. Is there a program you were wishing to run, or were you simply trying to locate the controls?"

The impossibly stunning woman's smile was warm and amused, but not mocking. She shook her head, and her long mane of sapphire hair rippled behind her. "Simply ask Sheherazade, this most beautiful and accommodating vessel, and she will not fail you. Sheherazade - Control Panel."

An unbordered display composed of light shimmered into view, hanging in the air just below head height. With a graceful gesture and a wider smile, Sapphire indicated that it was there for the cloaked one to use.

"The options - and possibilties - are limitless." Sapphire winked, eyes twinkling, bright as sapphires.

Chance stared at Sapphire. She heard her speak but only partly made out the words that were escaping that incredibly beautiful woman. There were witches in the Mystic Circle who enhanced their own beauty and 'traits' with some powerful spells but this woman was taking it to a whole new level.

Chance still kept staring ignoring completely what the woman just said and offered. Her yellowish eyes glowed more intensively and the twisting mealstrom got more erratic displaying parts of her inner turmoil. The young woman could hear distant voices screaming. They demanded from her to take this woman and defile her. Chance could feel one arm slowly reaching out for Sapphire before she regained control of herself.

With a startle gasp she shook her head and laughed nervously.

"I'm sorry...", she quickly apologized. "I'm new... my name is Cas... Chance.". The young woman's voice was shakey and timid. It was hard to tell if it was Sapphire's apparition or something else that caught her off guard but the young woman underneath the black cloak was obviously nervous.

Her eyes finally managed to find a different focus point by giving the Control Panel a brief look. Still she could make out the shape of the most beautiful creature she has seen in her entire life from the corner of her eyes.

"So... this thing can emulate every place in the galaxy?", she asked, trying to change the topic to something more mundane and banal. The voices of the Dread Legion inside her screamed and echoed through her mind... This is going to be difficult...

"Chance... Lovely name," Sapphire murmured, graciously overlooking the young woman's slip of the tongue and obvious apprehension - others often had that reaction to her, especially when meeting her for the first time.

Originally Posted By: Chance
"So... this thing can emulate every place in the galaxy?"

"Yes... Anyplace and anything that has been programmed - which are hundreds of thousands, more likely, millions - or can be described."

Sapphire wondered what hid behind Chance's yellow eyes and drifted closer. She stopped when she was almost directly behind Chance, her feet still several inches off the ground, keeping level with the taller woman. Sapphire placed gentle hands on Chance's cloaked shoulders, and brought her luscious lips close to her ear.

"Perhaps, you would like to see my home?" Sapphire's sultry voice was a caress. In a different tone, she asked, "Sheherazade, CB-Grotto-Rose-11, if you would."

The silvery walls shimmered, replaced by the contours of natural stone, pale and organic-looking. There were crystalline formations everywhere, like delicate flowers made of pure gemstones, in a riot of colours, emitting a warm light. This section consisted mostly of shades of blue and purple, though further into the cave complex, the colours seemed to blend into greens and reds.

An irregularly shaped pool of deep indigo water appeared at the two women's feet, steam rising from the surface like a dancer's gauzy veils. With a thought, Sapphire dismissed the gossamer scarves she was wearing - composed of psychic energy - leaving her gloriously nude save for several anklets, bracelets, and a close-fitting collar all made of purest, intricately cut sapphire.

"Care to join me in a - Ohhh!" Sapphire broke off with a sobbing shriek, flinching so violently, she dropped to her bare feet, then tumbled roughly to her behind.

She had only meant to ease the tension she had felt beneath her fingers, and to gain a greater sense of this mysterious new woman. Her thoughts slipped pass Chance's regard as easily and unnoticed as anyone else's, but had been painfully halted by the spirit-crushing screams of ten-thousand malevolent souls.

Click to reveal.. (Worst Than Death Comes)

She had been kissing her husband when she felt them coming, like a laser scalpel taken to her brain. Her husband clutched at her as she collapsed with a soft whimper, her eyes wide and unseeing as she experienced that terrible emanation - the cries of innumerable tortured children blending with the yowling of their mothers.

"Run, find the children and flee! Reavers are coming!" she begged. Through the agony, she reached for the rest of her extended family, all living on the southern continent of Zeemu VII, but it was too late. It had always been too late.

The immensity of the black hulled leviathan blocked out the sun, throwing the city into a despairing shadow. From its bowels, like demons from Tarterus, ten-thousand savage Reavers dropped to the surface on technological wings, followed by another ten-thousand, and another - a hellish rain to scour this tranquil beauty found on the edge of civilization.

Her husband's arms tight around her, she prayed for a quick death, that she would not witness the predations of the Broken Children Horde.

She was denied... and witnessed... and suffered.

From her place, sprawled on the warm stone, Sapphire Rose looked up at the woman who held those terrible souls inside her, for an instant, her too beautiful face painted with sheer terror. A brief moment later, Sapphire gracefully floated back to her feet, the terror in her eyes hidden by an expression of genuine compassion and empathy.

"You poor woman..."

Chance was caught in confusion by conflicting emotions. Her first impulse was to grab Sapphire by her shoulders and yell at her what she had done. Sapphire's immaculate and perfect beauty still kept her enthralled and made her actions sluggish and unfocused as she tried to keep the legion at bay that wrestled for control inside of her.

Instead of being angry at Sapphire (which seemed impossible - how could someone be angry at someone as beautiful as Sapphire?) she reached out with one hand to help her up. Chance flinched as she realized what was going on but it was too late now. Her hand was already covered in a metallic-bio-organic like armor with intricate arcane symbols glowing from within. Sapphire had somehow triggered the same effect she experienced when she tapped on the Shemhazai Sorcery. She could already feel how the rest of her body writhed underneath the robe as the transformation spread throug her body. It took her all her willpower to maintain a graceful facade.

"What did you just do?", she asked compassionately - as if she had hurt Sapphire with whatever she had done.

Sapphire accepted Chance's hand, completely unconcerned about her own nudity or the appearance of Chance's hand. She had had many lovers, many with different forms - Chance's hand was less extreme than others'.

Sapphire stepped closer to taller woman, her naked flesh feeling the writhing of Chance's body beneath her cloak. She looked up, soft fingers brushing Chance's cheek in sympathy.

"I simply meant to ease the tension within you - to make you more comfortable. I... my... touch was impeded by the cries of a malignant host inside you." A glistening tear overflowed a sparkling indigo eye, trackng down the face of the flawless beauty, her voice, soft as a dream. "I know what the Reaver Hordes do... How do you endure this so?"

Click to reveal..

Madness, screams, fury, and glee as they inflicted terrible pain upon the one who dared to touch the mind of the Vessel they were trapped within. The dark legion screamed with glee as it attempted to take control, and then fury and rage at her she drove the souls back once more, chained the demons once more with iron will, and with luck so unlikely that it was magical. The mystical signs and arcane symbols on her armor shifted and moved under her skin.

Many Voices screaming from the Legion, some of them holding a certain Malicious Glee : Give her to us! Don't Help her! Drink Her Pain! Such Sweet Torment! Tell Her Nothing! Compassion is Weakness! Punish Her! Torment her! Feast on her Soul!
From another part of the Legion, one that seemed more Sensual, but one that felt terribly Corrupt: Mmm...! Seduce Her! Make Her Yours! Claim Her! Such a Delicious Beauty!
From another Part that seemed somehow to hold a Malicious Intelligence to it: Let Us Go! Stop Fighting Us! Join Us! Embrace Our Power! You Should Rule Not Serve!
And then, from yet another, one that felt Savage and almost mindless:Destroy! Ravage! Agony! Torment! Punish! Devour!
Words Containing some Mystical Malice: As'vash Dusavat! Ivogash Zovali! Kazor Morvali!.
The remaining voices were either screaming, in fury, rage, pain.. or were drowned out by the others.

Then silence within her own mind, with simmering watchfulness deep within, as as Chance pushed the voices back once more, achieving control and ascendancy, and the symbols stopped appearing to shift and move.

Chance froze as she heard the legion's myriad voices building up to a crescendo in her head. She almost wanted to shut her ears with her hands and physically shake them away but she kept her composure and even managed to smile weakly at the incredibly beautiful Sapphire Rose.

That woman was the cause for her unfocused state - the Dread Legion of Shemhazai were the Fallen Angels who were cast away from heaven after because they lusted after the flesh of mortal women. Sapphire Rose was the ultimate goal, the highest price and Chance felt it.

"You're a telepath.", Chance stated the obvious. "I should've warned you."

Originally Posted By: Sapphire Rose
A glistening tear overflowed a sparkling indigo eye, trackng down the face of the flawless beauty, her voice, soft as a dream. "I know what the Reaver Hordes do... How do you endure this so?"

The question didn't seem to connect at first or Chance was still struggling with whatever was inside her. Her eyes were unfocused for the first time now resembling more like two bright yellow suns. "I didn't choose this and yet it is my own fault. I... I really can't tell you... yet."

She looked back at Sapphire, her eyes briefly 'washing' over her perfect skin and insanely proportions. She never considered herself a lesbian but somehow - maybe induced through the host - she felt strangely aroused which was a bad thing because that broke her concentration - her focus.

"Sapphire... I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you.", Chance's eyes focused on Sapphire's and the chaotic maelstrom shifted again. There was a strange oddness to her stare and something lurking - unnatural.

Sapphire kept her gaze steady on Chance's uncanny, glowing, golden eyes, unable - unwilling - to look away. Though she couldn't hide all her trepdidation, she did not move away either, the compassion in her eyes joined by a building desire. That she could not use her inherent gifts to play with this woman was somehow... dangerously exciting.

"My tear is not for me, but for you, Chance," Sapphire breathed, wiping the tear from her face with a slender finger, "that you must bear this burden. You didn't hurt me, just gave me a terrible fright - I had not expected what lay hidden beneath a black cloak." She expanded her awareness and Chance felt a gentle tug on her cloak, the fabric fluttering from an unseen touch.

"You have to say nothing more than you wish, and in your own time, Chance. My door is ever open and I'm a good listener - anything you reveal will remain between us and I'll do what I can to help ease the weight of what you carry." She smiled, revealing a brief glimpse of teeth as perfect as the rest of her.

Finally, Sapphire Rose pulled back from Chance - who even wothout using her gifts, she could tell had a myriad of thoughts and emotions running through her - and settled into the hot spring with a murmured sigh.

"Care to join me, or is there something else - another program - you wish to try?"

Chance had never met anyone like Sapphire. The blue haired siren showed concern and compassion for her state unlike any other before. Most people were disgusted and frightened - terribly frightened by Chance but this woman managed to establish an emotional connection to her. Something she never thought possible.

"I... I must confess I'm a bit confused by this sudden...", her voice trailed off as she refocused on her reasons why she was here and why she mustn't 'let go'.

"I thank you for your generous offer but I must decline. I simply can't let that happen... the consequences are too grave. But I want you to know that I'm grateful... really really grateful."

Chance watched the indescribably beautiful woman slowly settle into the hot spring and forced herself again to look somewhere else... just away, not to her.

Trying to show interest for the scenery instead for Sapphire herself Chance took a few steps away from the pool to examine the cave and its unusual architecture which only nature could have fathomed.

Finally she answered Sapphire's question, "I was just wondering if I could see a place I've been to when I was a child. I suppose it is just a silly notion to relive something that I thought was the most beautiful place in the galaxy. It was a silly idea." Chance shook her head and examined the Control Panel.

"I still got no idea how this thing works.", she half laughed at herself. "Are you a crew member of the Scheherezade? I was wondering if you could tell me how the Captain is like?"

Sapphire shook her head emphatically. "It's never silly to take delight in beautiful things, Chance. There are too many who wish to degrade and destroy it, instead of taking joy in it."

She nodded in the direction of the panel. "The control panel is used mainly to see a list of options if you had no particular setting in mind. It is much easier to simply ask Sheherazade what you want - she has access to nearly anything that the Galactic League has learned. If she does not have what you are looking for, it is easy to set up a neural interface so that you can transmit what you had in mind to Sheherazade."

"Are you a crew member of the Scheherezade? I was wondering if you could tell me how the Captain is like?"

Sapphire chuckled richly at the question. "I had not thought to end up here, but yes, for more than a year, I have been a crewmember - Nova Guardian, Lieutenant First Grade Sapphire Rose, primary function, Psychic support, secondaries in diplomatic and psychological matters."

Sapphire's glorious eyes closed and a wistful looked crossed her ineffably beautiful features. "Nami, Captian Namiah Daylan is, perhaps, the most remarkable woman I have ever known, and I have known a great many." Sapphire open her eyes and returned her gaze to the cloaked woman. "She is... soothing, intelligent, able to see all the angles, and able to come to resolutions that benefit all." Sapphire's lips curved a bit more. "You have to meet her and take her measure yourself to really understand."

Sapphire's expression grew a little more somber and she leaned forward, trying to convey her full sincerity. "And if you ever reconsider my offer, I will be waiting, willing to hear all you want to say or need to say. No judgements."

Chance nodded underneath the cloak but she didn't dare turn around to face the enthralling beauty. Even Sapphire's voice managed to strike a chord inside of Chance - she'd have to be careful in her presence lest she lose herself too much.

"I'm rally thankful, Sapphire - but you must know one thing. I can't... no I mustn't lose my focus - bad things will happen if I don't maintain control. If I feel like I need someone to talk to I'll gladly take your offer, but for now I must decline even though I very much desire to join you in that pool."

Chance felt tempted to turn around and have just a short glimpse at the ships counselor but she kept examining the cave as if it was the most interesting thing in the room.

"I think I'll be filling the role of magical support and advisor of the crew - unless there is already someone who holds that position. In that case I really don't know why I'm here except for I've been assigned to Captain Daylan."

Sapphire could catch a short glimpse of Chance's hand again. The same hand that helped her get back on her feet. The strange organic armor was gone now and her hand appeared almost normal except for an intricate pattern of red and blue glowing tattoos and magical runes. The dim light faded underneath the robe. It slowly dawned on her why Chance was hiding her body like that.

"I believe I understand, Chance," Sapphire said, a trace of sadness in her voice. Those who live under constant control live but half a life.

She levitated out of the hot spring, the deep coloured water cascading from her dream-crafted beauty. Exerting her minor, but precise, psychokinetic abilty, she pulled the rest of the water from her flesh and hair. An elaborate hair clip of indigo crystal appeared in Sapphire's glistening mane of blue, pulling her hair back, save for an artfully wild tendril or two. She didn't bother with any other garments for the moment, her skin still warm and soft from the hot spring - besides, Chance would have to get used to her, one way or another.

"I believe one of the reasons you were assigned to Nami was precisely for Sheherazade's lack of mystic support. Another being Nami's... effectiveness." Sapphire glided closer to Chance, her feet just above the surface of the cerulean-veined marble.

"But enough of League business for now, you came here to recapture an image from your youth. Sheherazade - reset." The walls and floor shimmered back into iridescent silver. "Let's see if Sheherazade is up to the task." The twinkle of her eyes and the curve of her smile was just visible around the profile of her haunting face.

Nami's effectiveness?, Chance wasn't quite sure how to interpret that statement. She felt Sapphire come closer and her muscles tensed in physical response to her increased effort to concentrate. She reached out to touch the cave wall and give it a closer look trying to see a pattern in the chaotic formation when it suddenly vanished.

Chance straightened up and turned to the Control Panel still avoiding to get Sapphire in her field of view. "I think I can't establish a neural interface with this machine I'm not sure what it would read out - we may end up with unwanted results. But I can do this."

Chance reached out with her hands as if she was grasping for something in the air that was only perceptible to her. Her fingers seemed to 'weave' a complicated pattern as the invisible lines slowly became visible. Mystical symbols appeared around her head and her cloak started to move as if she stood in some kind of artificial breeze that only affected her. The magical woven lines solidified to form a large 2x2 foot panel with a wooden frame - it was an empty canvas that floated in the air.

Then Chance reached out with her right hand and continued to weave the magical lines which started to create an image that looked more real than a picture or photograph could ever be. The landscape showed a meadow with a small hill. There was a large tree that overshadowed the hill and the sun was rising at the horizon. Somewhere further back a house could be seen.

Then a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years of age came up the hill and looked over the landscape and watched the sun rise. Chance reached out to touch the image and stopped a fingersbreadth short of it as if it was holy and she unworthy to touch it.

"I know it's just a hill on an ordinary meadow - but it's one of the happiest memories I have. Can she do that?", Chance looked at the Control Panel.

Sapphire could feel the reticence emanating from this woman, her presence a distraction. With no way to ease Chance without being stopped by the ten-thousand screaming souls - those terrible, malign souls - she gave a soft sigh, sat on empty air, legs elegantly crossed and drifted to one of the corners of the room.

She had been about to make a comment about the neural interface, when her eyes widened, watching Chance conjure her panel. She smiled faintly, watching the girl, enchanted and longing - though she had a plethora of memories since being reborn as one of the Elan, her recollections of the time before where ephemeral, without context, and often horrific.

"I was going to say that the neural interface doesn't read thoughts, it enables you to project them - unless you change the base parameters - so I believe it would work, but your conjuration will do nicely, and is much more charming, besides." Chance could hear the honest amusement in Sapphire's husky contralto.

"Sheherazade - scan the canvas, extrapolate, then run. Designate Chance-Hill-01."

The iridescent walls and ceiling receded, than shimmered out of existence, a pale blue sky, streaked with the colours of a perfect dawn taking their place. The scent of grass and wild blossoms permeated the air, and the waning chill of night was replaced by the promise of warmth from the rising sun appearing over the modest hill. The gnarled, noble tree rose proud and old from the summit, looking exactly like how a tree should look. The house was there, depicted just as in Chance's conjuration, somehow both modern and rustic, radiating the feeling of home.

After a moment, a young girl appeared and walked up the hill, the brightness of the rising sun behind her making her features a little difficult to perceive.

Sapphire opened her mouth, then closed it - this was Chance's moment.

Chance gasped as the room changed into an exact duplicate of the image she just had summoned. She turned around and instantly looked back to the house taking one hesitant step forward.

This isn't real..., her shoulders slumped a bit and she sighed. Chance turned around again walking the hill up to it's peak and joined the little girl and watched with her the sun rise. The rays of the sun caressed the scarcely exposed skin of her face and she smiled.

"The next day my parents died... this used to be my favourite place on Alpha Centauri. I should've stayed home but instead I sneaked outside - it saved my life...", Chance looked at Sapphire and removed the hood of her cloak revealing her face to her. It was the face of a young brunette woman with long hair that disappeared somewhere in the cloak. Her eyes were disturbingly demonic in shape and appearance, they glowed with a menacing yellowish fire. Most of her face was covered with very delicate tattoos and mystical symbols and runes. Some of which looked like they shifted depending on how she craned her head. Some symbols glowed faintly with a red or blue tint. Her skin was delicately pale like porcelaine. When she spoke Sapphire could see that she had elongated canines but she tried hard to hide it - her smile barely showed her teeth.

"Thank you, Sapphire.", she quietly added and closed her eyes facing the sun. It appeared as if this was as close to being relaxed Chance would get and she savoured every second of it.

Sapphire watched Chance join the little girl on the hill, her lips curved slightly, her eyes, like radiant lapis lazuli, widening under a brief flash of forgotten memory.

Click to reveal.. (Coming Home)

She sat on a wooden porch swing, her daughter under one arm, her son, the other, their heads using her bosom as pillows. They had spent the night on the veranda, waiting for their father, her husband, to come home. Her children had fallen asleep well after the three moons of Zeemu VII had risen, the soft night air and gentle creaking of the rocking swing lulling them to slumber despite their protestations.

She had remained awake, psionic awareness reaching out, exchanging wicked promises with her husband, feeling him coming closer. This was his cycle off after two cycles at the worksight, and their longing for each other was deep and mutual.

The scarlet sun was just a sliver seen over the blue-leaved trees, blurring their colours into shades of lavender and lilac and mauve, when he was dropped off by his ride at the end of the long path to the rambling, wooden house.

The sun behind him turned him into a dark, indistinct man-shaped figure, but she knew it was him - by the way he walked, by the feel of him being so close, by the smile she couldn't see, but knew was on his face.

The curve of Sapphire's enticing lips deepened as Chance took off her hood, pleased that the private woman would reveal this much to her, that she could smile.

Her sapphire gaze devoured the contours and details of the young, attractive brunette's face, though she herself appeared barely older. Sapphire's eyes, darkening to a blue to that was nearly black, met Chance's baleful, yellow stare unwaveringly, only a determined set to the line of her sculpted jaw betokening the effort.

She had faced the Reavers, endured all they could inflict on flesh and spirit, and been broken, left with only a desire for oblivion. But she had been renewed, reborn, with a new joy of life. She did not know, truly, what Chance suffered through, but she would do all she could to help her with her burden. If she could, Sapphire would have willingly faced those terrible ten-thousand, and endured all that they could do to her, if it would have silenced their screams, if just for a night, to give Chance a moment of peace.

"It was..." not nothing, not to her, "my pleasure, though Sheherazade did all the work." Sapphire watched Chance bask in the rising sun, a slight crease between her arched brows.

Particles of light, in a multitude of shades of blue and purple, materialized in the air to Chance's right. Sapphire's gaze locked on them with a focused concentration, her indolent, mid-air posture growing tense.

After a full two minutes, the particles merged into a larger than hand-sized object crafted of pure sapphire in an infinite palette of blues and purples. Rendered in minute and precise detail, was a verdant hill, overshadowed by a grand, gnarled tree. Beneath its aqua leaves, sat a little girl and the young woman she would become. The miniature Chance's hood was down, and there was a small, relaxed smile on her lips. Instead of hellishly glowing orbs of yellow, her eyes were a soft, incandescent blue.

"Here, a gift all from me, to welcome you to Sheherazade, Chance. And so this memory is never far away."

The Illusion and the moment shattered in a moment as Kaien entered the Holodeck, saw Sapphire and the stranger and immediately shut his eyes. "My apologies, I'd heard we were getting a new crewmember and saw their locator was here. I neglected to notice you were here also Sapphire. I didn't realize you two were already engaged in here."

Kaien stood there in his League uniform, the long black coat and gloves as always emblazoned with the League emblem on the left breast and back. His Black hair was in need of cutting again, but he just hadn't made the time. Even without seeing his azure eyes, He was handsome by almost everyone's standards, and carried himself as a man of pride and honor.

"I'll leave you to continue then." He turned to leave.

Chance couldn't hide her smile any longer after she saw what Sapphire was creating. It was a wonderful gift and it almost made her cry. She took it holding carefully as if it was the most precious thing she owned when suddenly Kaien entered the holodeck.

Her first impulse was to cover her face again but she had no hands free to do so. She stared helplessly at Sapphire and then saw Kaien's face from the corner of her eyes and her mouth dropped open. She stared at him with her hellish glowing eyes the twirling chaotic maelstrom suddenly increasing its chaotic patterns. The voices slowly got louder again as they sensed a weak moment in Chance's resolve.

Click to reveal..
If we can't have her maybe we can have him! Take him! Devour him! Destroy him!
The voices demanded and screamed then they crescendoed into an myriad of chaotic voices, languages and wails which almost deafened her.

Chance flinched her face reflecting a painful expression and she took a defensive step backwards but she didn't want the incredibly handsome Kaien to leave.

"No... stay... please. It's ok, honestly.", her voice was a bit shakey as she wrestled for control. Sapphire could see the telltale signs of another transformation starting underneath Chance's cloak but chance seemed oblivious to that.

Kaien nodded, but kept his eyes closed. "Alright." He smiled. "Sapphire could you please induge me abit and put on at least some clothing? I'd hate for the Captain to come in at a time like this."

The entire time he still kept his eyes tightly shut.

Only now Chance realized that Kaien had kept his eyes tightly shut. She quickly put the sculpture down and put the hood on. Then she looked at Sapphire and with a twist of her wrist and some minor manipulation of the arcane she wrapped the stunningly beautiful avatar in a blueish garment very similar to those she wore she saw her the first time. It was still blatantly revealing and far away from being decent but she wasn't naked anymore.

"You can open your eyes now.", Chance said having regained her voice and self confidence again. Underneath the cloak was movement and to Kaien it may have looked like she hid several additional limbs under her cloak or something even more disturbing. Her appearance was intimidating enough to induce some dark fantasies about the horror she may hide under those robes.

Sapphire pursed her lips into a small moue of disappointment at the interruption, but it quickly changed to amusement as she felt Kaien's discomfiture wash over her. He was always so stiff while on duty.

Originally Posted By: Kaien
I didn't realize you two were already engaged in here."

Sapphire tossed Chance an impish wink. "Whatever do you mean, Kaien? Chance and I are just two, completely virtuous, young girls, innocently getting to know each other." Her silky voice was playfully wicked.

Her lips turned into a stunning frown, however, when she saw the wild look in Chance's fiendish eyes. At Chance's flinch, Sapphire reached out a hand, though she was too far to reach her and didn't know what comfort she could provide beyond a comforting touch.

"Sapphire could you please induge me abit and put on at least some clothing? I'd hate for the Captain to come in at a time like this."

Kaien could feel Sapphire's slightly mocking amusement, then her voice, for him alone, a smokey whisper only he could hear. *Relax Kaien, it's nothing you haven't seen before, and Nami has seen all this and more, besides.* She could still feel his embarrassment, and now a rising sense of annoyance. *Sigh... If I must...*

She had been about to clothe herself when she noticed the weaving of Chance's fingers and then a azure dress, seemingly made of translucent scarves wrapped around her fantastic figure. She nodded her thanks to the cloaked and hooded chance, running a hand along the sliken material.

You can open your eyes now."

"You won't go blind," Sapphire added, teasingly. She drifted over to Chance's side, placing herself slightly ahead and closer to Kaien, subtly posed to draw attention away from the shifting beneath Chance's cloak.

Kaien's eyes opened slowly, revealing his eyes, currently a lightening shade of blue to reflect his rise in spirits. "Oh I'm not worried abot going blind, I'm just on the clock."

He couldn't really see the other young woman, Sapphire's figure just drew the eye to it when she was around. He smiled. So are you going to introduce me to our new friend and comrade, or perhaps she'd like to introduce herself?"

He looked around and noticed the surroundings. "Showing her your homeworld eh Sapphire?"

"Actually it's mine.", Chance said feeling much better now half protected by Sapphire. The blue-haired Siren was doing a lot for her - she wondered why she was so friendly and forthcoming - even protective now.

"My name is Chance, I'm from Alpha Centauri and I've been assigned to Captain Daylan... to assist on board this ship as mystical advisor. I'm...", she was searching for the right words, as if she didn't knew who she really was.

"I'm a witch of the Mystic Circle.", sort of.

He's soo handsome..., chance had to shake her head again and sighed. This assignment turned out to be a far greater challenge than she assumed.

Sapphire raised an arched eyebrow at hearing Chance call herself a witch, though it was obvious, even without her mental touch on the pulse of Chance's mind, that she was hedging what she really was - but that was her decision.

She turned her enticing smile Kaien's way, putting a little distance between herself and Chance, now that the latter woman seem to have collected herself.

"And now you know almost as much about the lovely Chance as I do." Sapphire's tone put images in Kaien's head of what he didn't know that she did.

Chance wanted to reach out and shake the offered hand when she saw that her body was changing again - just like it did when Sapphire used her telepathy on her.

Oh no..., she suddenly retracted her hand as if Kaien was contagious with some virulent disease and smiled nervously.

"I'm honoured to meet you... ahm...", she didn't know what to say all of a sudden and knelt down again to pick up the sculpture. Oddly enough she didn't use her hands to grab but helped herself with the sleeves of her long robe wrapping her hands around the cloth avoiding any exposure of skin.

"I'm really sorry - I can't explain - I mean.", she looked at Sapphire and back to Kaien again. I'm botching this - oh no, I'm really botching this.

Chance subconsciously took a few steps backwards as if gaining some distance would improve her situation. Her head was tilted slightly forward and her face was hidden in shadows. All he could see was two yellowish orbs that glowed like suns where her eyes should be.

He nodded withdrawing his hand. "It's alright. Not everyone shakes hands. Indeed most of my people don't, especially not with each other."

He didn't ask about the cloak and looked to Sapphire. "I assume you've been enjoying our downtime?"

Sapphire used a delicate had to hide her mouth from Kaien and whispered to Chance, in an impish voice that Kaien could easily overhear, "Don't let Kaien fluster you, Chance - he's only as pretty as you think he is."

She turned her wicked smile on Kaien, suppressing a giggle when she noticed his telltale shifting. "Chance is just a little shy and overwhelmed at meeting such luminaries as ourselves Kaien - I'm sure I'll break her of that habit soon enough." For a brief instant that captivating grin was turned Chance's way, but a simple nod of her head made it seem undertanding.

Sapphire's eyes were heavy lidded as she turned her devastating regard back to Kaien, the slivers of her gem-like irises incandescent. Her expression was one of complete and well satisfied contentment.

"You know, sometimes personally, that I always enjoy my downtime. More importantly, there are the many others who enjoy my downtime." This time, Sapphire did giggle, low and tantalizing.

Kaien nodded. "Indeed. I love traveling the stars, but I love going back home to Xydar. No planet I've been too is quite as good."

"You're far more a luminary figure than me Sapphire. You achieve peaceful resolutions without the use of brute strength and raw power. I'm just the guy who has to get physical when words aren't enough to solve issues."

Kataran had the holodeck door chime for attention and wanted patiently.

He had only been on board for less than an hour, but had already unpacked his meager possessions and looked over a brief computer orientation of the ship. Having done that and found that the Captain was unavailable at the time he had quickly scanned the public areas of the ship and found that several of the crew were in the holodeck. During that time he had seen a glimpse of the young cloaked woman's responce to the sudden appearance of Lt Commander Kaien, and with that in mind he 'rang the door bell' of the holodeck.

Sapphire drifted closer to Kaien, laying a soft hand on his arm - she smiled at feeling his pulse quicken at a mere touch.

"You are too kind, Kaien. I have only been in service for a bare year, I'm not a highly decorated senior guardsman like yourself." Sapphire's face turned wistful. "Or like Namiah - she was the inspiration for to join the Galactic League, you know?"

At the warning chime from the holodeck, Sapphire's gaze immediately returned to Chance, studying her reaction. "One moment, I'll see who it is." Sapphire shifted her position, legs folded, hands turned up and resting on her knees, her stunning face blank as she cast out her Mind's Eye.

All her senses flowed out of her body and refocused on a point just beyond the holodeck entrance. She saw an athletic man with white streaks in his hair - an ephemeral dip into his organized mind revealed his name and reason for being there.

Sapphire returned to her self, her bright eyes settling on Chance once more. "It's a Kataran Hogard, another new crewman for the Sheherazade. Ready for one more to join us, Chance?"

Chance nodded slowly and tried to smile again. "If he doesn't happen to be a priest or a holy man I think I can handle it. You just caught me off guard and when Kaien joined us I just had barely recovered... and I haven't seen a handsome man for a while..." oops....

If they could see her face they'd see her blush. You'll be sent back by the end of this day

Chance's total embarassment was hidden underneath the robes she wore and she cursed herself for thinking out loud but Sapphire made her feel so at ease that such things just slipped her mind. This could really get dangerous in the wrong moment.

Sapphire gave a low chuckle and patted Kaien's arm playfully. "Stick around me Chance, and you might get to see a handsome man again. For now, we'll have to settle for Kaien and Kataran - who, by the way, doesn't seem to be all that priestly to me."

Sapphire's mental voice called to Kataran in mellifluous greeting. *Enter and be welcomed. I am Sapphire Rose - could there be any doubt? - that is Kaien Saotome, and the blushing maiden in the cloak is Chance.*

The door opened, leaving a break in the illusion of Chance's homeworld and an athletic uniformed man enters with black hair streaked with white at the temples. Without the white streaks you'd think he was quite young, maybe early twenties, but with them it becomes much harder to be sure. He moves smoothly through the door and up the hill towards the group as the illusion is restored with the closing of the door behind him.

Stopping beside Kaien, and furthest from Chance he greets each of them in the langauge of their homeworld, and mentally to Sapphire.

[Xydarian] "Lt Commander Saotome, a pleasure to serve with you." he says with a smile.

[Alpha- Cent] "Chance, I promise to always respect your privacy.", he continues seriously.

*Sapphire, you didn't need to go delving, I'd have happily told you if you'd asked*, he grins at Sapphire.

He then continues to them all in common Galactic, "As Sapphire told you, my name is Lt Kataran Hogard originally from Arisia. I've just been assigned to the ship as Pilot and secondary Gunner after recently moving up to the Guardians following 7 years with the Star Patrol. I should also tell you that I have well developed ESP, marginal mental communication, and can understand and be understood in any langauge."

"Although I have no idea if any of that will be of any use during this tour." he finishes self-deprecatingly.

"It's not what you think it is...", Chance apologized answering in her native tongue. "I'm... complicated."

She quickly switched back to galactic standard not wanting to be unnecessarily inpolite.

"I have no experience at all with Star Patrol or any other department of the Galactic League - the circumstances of my assignment are rather... odd. I need to talk to the Captain first before I can share any details with you. You have to trust me on this even though I don't appear trustable..."

Chance had to put down the sculpture again and closed her eyes as she focused completely on fighting back the legion inside her. She really wanted to press her hands against her ears and shut out any noise but that would've caused unwanted attention. Instead Chance clenched her fists and simply concentrated - the voices would go away, sooner or later they vanished to the background and were barely audible although they were ever present.

"It's alright Chance," Kat said reassuringly, "I trust you. They wouldn't have sent you to be with us unless they thought you were trustworthy. I simply meant that from your cloak it was obvious that you would either wish or require privacy and that I wanted to reassure you that I would respect that despite the nature of my predominate ability."

"Namiah is a very good officer." He nodded to chance for her complement but said nothing, she seemed nervous enough.

He looked to Kataran and smiled. "Lieutenant Hogard, I assure you your talents will be of great use." He looks at each of them. "Everyone's will be. The Galactic Legion doesn't put crews and teams together without a great deal of compatibility matching and and analysis. Out in the black, we only have each other. We might argue and fight with each other at times, but that's normal for any team. What truly matter is that when things go down we stand together and each of us does our part to Uphold the ideals of the Legion and protect the members of our team."

He realized how preachy he just came off and sighed as he reverted to his more formal officer tone. "Sorry. You aren't cadets, you know what matters already. Welcome aboard the Scheherazade and I look forward to serving with you all."

Sorry, Kat, but I'm a curious woman and just wanted to dabble my fingers in... I promise to be good... sometimes. Sapphire returned Kataran's grin, and he could feel her giggle thrum through their connection as the tip of her tongue licked her full lips. "You can peek on me whenever you like, Kat," Sapphire said aloud, her sexy voice full of mischief.

Sapphire's impossibly gorgeous face turned back to Chance. "Everyone has secrets, Chance, I can assure you of that." Sapphire tapped her temple with a perfectly manicured fingernail, coloured a silvery-blue. "Keep yours until you feel comfortable sharing them, or when you think you need to share them - not always the same thing. And don't worry about the experience. I started with none, and only a year later, they seem to think I know what I'm doing. I'm sure you'll do just fine." Sapphire's said, full of confidence.

"Namiah is a very good officer."

Sapphire leaned back, reclining in mid-air. Her hands behind her head caused her phenomenal breasts to jut prominently, straining her bodice. Her eyes hid behind long lashes and a small, dreamy smile bent her lips.

"Nami is more than a good officer. She is a very, very, good woman."

Archived