Commission the Badass Artist for Character Art!!! READ, DAMN YOU!!!!

ronin

My friend Melissa Uran -- who's done assloads of art for a metric ton of WW games, including Exalted, Kindred of the East, Werewolf, Vampire, Trinity and -- yes -- Aberrant is in a bit of a bind, and she's asked me to do what I can to help her out.

If you want evidence of her mad art skillz, go to http://www.supergoth.com/Chocozell/ and check it out for yourself.

Bottom line is, because of unspecified money problems (I know, but I ain't tellin'), Mel needs cash fucking FAST, and is thusly breaking down on doing random pencil sketches of characters. Discount-like.

If you've got $20 to spare, go to the site and mail Mel your character description and follow the instructions for payment. What you'll get for your cash is a full pencil drawing of one figure, tailored to your specifications. It's her site, all the cash goes straight to her and as you can see, her work is fucking well superb.

This'll be going on until she gets the cash, so if you can hurry, that would be madly cool.

I know we're all probably hurting for cash -- I know I am -- but I thought I'd put forth this very unique offer to you guys. Mel has insisted that I keep this discreet -- she isn't posting it on the WW forum or anything like that -- because she only needs maybe a dozen commissions.

Anyway, if any of you feel like helping out my artist buddy, I'd encourage you to do so. She is in desperate need and has always done right by me.

Just a thought. Do it for me? *bats his pretty eyelashes*

.ronin

Alright, upon reconsideration, I suppose it might have been very ass of me to make this proposal with the board being the way it is and so few donations being passed around here. I apologize for what may be construed as insensitivity. I viewed this sort of along the same line as the previous talk of commissioning our resident artist here on the forum.

Again, sorry if I'm a tool.

.ronin

Quote:
Originally posted by ronin:
...I suppose it might have been very ass of me to make this proposal with the board being the way it is...
confused

I'm not sure what you meant when saying "The board being the way it is" but you can let her know I'll be in touch shortly for getting two sketches rendered. Shortly meaning in about 7-14 days. If I can contact her sooner than that I will as I gather she'd like to get busy but things are getting hectic on my end.

I didn't think you were being a tool. Getting lots of mileage out of the word "ass" maybe but not a tool... wink

FYI to anyone who needs a few days to a week or so, Mel tells me that when I get back from Origins won't be too late, so it seems as though you have at LEAST until Sunday, and probably longer.

As for the comment about the board, I just feel kind of like a jerk trying to solicit art under the banner of financial trouble (and it is, don't get me wrong) when very few donations get passed around here.

It's almost like trying to sell shit at a Methadone Clinic.

.ronin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako 'Endeavor' Hino:
Ronin, I don't think of you at all as an a**.
If it makes you feel any better, I still think you're an ass. laugh However, there is nothing wrong with doing a little pimpin from time to time. Besides, who around here doesn't have a character that they would like to see professionally drawn, so it's a good corner to park her wares. Tell her I'll commission something if she can find what we were discussing a while back. I hope Mel gets enough $$$ for her needs.

• 5 months later...

Archived