World of Darkness: Attrition - Back In Town [FIN]

Owns-The-Night

The Dead Wolf was taken well and truly aback. First by the jumpy Shadow actually doing something other than shrinking away from her. Then by the hand thrust in her general direction, which she took in her own firm grip more by instinct and rote than conscious effort.

Then, the words sank in.

"Hold up on those congrats," she managed to say, keeping a growl out of her voice when she did so. "There's no pack yet. Totem hasn't been found; no totem, no pack. An' no guarantee the totem will take me. An' there's lots to do yet with Ariel. And Amber, who might need some help soon, depending. So let's not get ahead of things."

But you already think of Dec as your Alpha, a little voice came from inside. Not the mad ragings of the Beast, but something else, from someplace a little more true. Someplace she called Hope.

Declan couldn't help it: he smiled as he watched Sarah buckle down her instincts and shake hands with Adrian.

"Everythin's a matter of time, for all those problems." He got a far away look in his eye, remembering his glimpse of the strands of Fate, 3 months and a lifetime ago. "The pieces dance around, waitin' to be grabbed out of the air and set into the puzzle." He focused on Adrian and Sarah, the contemplative look in his gaze eerie and unusual. "Sometimes we got to get some pieces in place before others will fit."

He blinked, then grinned a little. "That's what too long without a beer does to a man. Makes him all innerspective and shit." He looked embarrassed. "Just some things that pop into my head sometimes. Might not mean anythin'."

"Yeah," Adrian says waxing philosophical himself, "you embrace change and see what positives you can take from it. No sense in thinking the world is going to be static just for you. I hope we are building something that lasts for a long, long time."

Walking back to the boxes.

"Now let's put this thing back together and practice with it a bit - make sure we have all the parts and stuff like that," he adds with a grin.

Archived