Stargaizer

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just want to reiterate this:

Quote:
"Which characters should we be posting as?"

Post as your +450xp characters, though if your 'real' characters come out a little, that's fine too.

It is perfectly fine that you're starting to realize (IC) that not everything is as it seems, but the above statement still holds.

I would really appreciate it if you could try to continue acting as your future selves. The one exception, possibly, being Samantha. Violet, you did an exceptional job of this at the beginning, and Courier, you had your good moments as well. The way you were acting towards the beginning of the thread is what I was looking for, and the way that you'll get the most out of this thread.

I just wanted to make that clear, in case I had mistakenly given you guys any other impression.

We'll be getting back to your normal characters just as soon as this thread is over... so I would ask that you please try and play along with this thread while you're here... enjoy the power... have fun with the 450xp while you still have it...

Ok. Great posts guys, but could you include what you're doing? Are you going to go and follow along with the mob or are you going to try and stay where you are, try and leave, or try and explore more of the city on your own?

But other than that, great posts guys.

Is there something else that you'd need from me? Something that would make it easier? Please, let me know.

I'll also open the floor to questions, comments, concerns, opinions, or anything else that you'd like to say about the game.

Like it? Love it? Not too thrilled? Hate it? Let me know, I like feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Wreckoner, I'll get you're next thread up within the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay, work's been taking up a lot of time.

How do you like it so far? Enjoying it? (This goes to the older players as well)

Ok, I'd like to have a poll/vote. I have noticed that on some of the other games that you're awarded nova points instead of experience points. I thought about that and I have an idea that I want everyone to weigh in on.

How do you like the idea of getting awarded like this:

-1xp awarded after every thread has closed for every post with the appropriate icon (Fic, IC, etc.) instead of the General icon.

-Awards for thread/story completions will be awarded in bonus points, still given at my discresion.

I like the first because it encourages activity and doing that little extra.

I like the second because I would like your characters to progress at a constant rate instead of having the progress slow down. I've done this so far with awarding levels instead of xp, but bps would keep me from having to do that (the first and 10th level of a power cost the same number of bps).

*Opens the floor for discussion/voting*

Also, for while you're remembering things,

Quote:
...This man seemed to be the exact opposite of the shadowy figure, as light seemed to emanate from his body. He had short cut beautiful blond hair, beautiful yet fair skin, and was wearing a white shirt and jeans. He turned slowly... his gorgeous, piercing blue eyes... His voice was deep and commanding, yet calming and soothing... he simply said “Fear not, you have been chosen.”...
Quote:
The lean, blond headed man with the glowing white wings who called himself Jessee. He also answered to the name of Archangel. He was incredibly fast, unbelievably agile, could dodge almost any attack, and could manifest a sword out of pure energy.

Just putting these here, just in case you didn't remember. Your characters are pretty sure that they're not the same person, but the look almost as if they could be brothers. As your characters lived out their lives up until this thread started, they didn't think much about it and too much time had passed since you were first 'chosen' to remember him... but being chosen is a lot fresher on your minds now, and you have the 'future' memories that you're sorting through now as well...

Just throwing it out there for you to have fun with or not as you so choose...

Wreckoner, you don't have to post that much info about yourself if you don't want to... it's geared towards more of a 'this is what your PC's could know about me' rather than your full out character sheet.

Any other votes on the different way of awarding you all for your great work here?

Also, this would be an excellent time for coming up with nicknames or handles for yourself/others. If you have a 'fighting' name or something else that you'd like to be called or think you would be called, now would be a great time for everybody to 'remember' it. You can put out votes for those as well.

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
How do you like it so far? Enjoying it? (This goes to the older players as well)
Very much so. It's fun to be the villain/king.

How do you like the idea of getting awarded like this:
-1xp awarded after every thread has closed for every post with the appropriate icon (Fic, IC, etc.) instead of the General icon.
Sounds like a lot of experience. On the other hand, we're already pretty full so I don't think it's destabilizing.
-Awards for thread/story completions will be awarded in bonus points, still given at my discresion.
I'm good with this.

RE: Character Exp Thread.
Should we be posting our char sheets there or what?

Not your character sheets, just your experience/levels gained. I know that not everybody is even in how much they have, but I'd like the totals put there so that I can even things out and better keep track of things (even though I ask that you continue to keep track of them on your char sheets).

You shouldn't put how you've spent them, just the total ammount gained.

And I'm glad that you're enjoying it... just don't enjoy being the Villian too much... 'all good things come to an end' and all that.

• 2 weeks later...

You can post about getting ready to go into William's mind, putting your hands on his head, closing your eyes, whatever you do, and about peeling away layers, trying to get at the heart of things, picking up on William's thoughts and mental images (that he posted about in his last post), and then getting distracted... Any of these, all of these, something else...

Or you could just post your roll...

It's really up to you.

Hope that helps.

You all did fine starting up. Great job.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on later tonight and post a reply.

Things have been hectic at work, I've been given a lot more responsibility and correspondingly less internet time. I'll do what I can, but posting will be slow for a while.

But great job guys, I've been looking forward to this.

Archived