Mage Archmagic

Final_Knight

Does anyone out there have the Mage supplement (Masters of the Art, I think?)that includes archmagic/descriptions of powers over 5 dots?

I'm trying to find descriptions of the effects for 6 and 7 dot effects for each of the spheres. Now, I'm not asking anyone to break copyright laws, but if anyone can give me a summary description of the Sphere abilities for levels 6-7, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

PS- If anyone also has/would like to share the 6-7 dot abilities for the Vampire Disciplines of Auspex, Domination, Presence, Protean, and Fortitude, that would be cool too.

I remember a few of them. I also remember the advice a Mage ST I know gave everyone he knows who plays the game: Don't use them. Forces 7 allows you to sink continents. Entropy 9 lets you perfectly calculate the future. Spirit 9 lets you force Awakenings, and that's about all I remember.

A quote from that ST: "Any PC who becomes an Archmage should be retired. At gunpoint, if necessary. All the other Archmage abilities are equally game-breaking and horrible, and there's nothing in Masters of the Art that you can use." But that's just his opinion.

At any rate, it should be noted that there isn't all that much the Archspheres can do that 5th rank spheres, a willingness to die from Paradox overload and a f*%#load of successes can't.

I know someone who does have Masters of the Arts, but all I have is Mage Revised and Sorcerer Revised (I'm studying up for a badass Techno-supernatural team I'm thinking about...)

I have masters of the art. Can't remember a blessed thing about it though, except there are two forms of archmage, the examplar (who only goes up in one sphere) and the more standard form. The old mage supplement on Horizon has level 6 powers but the two supplements conflict (Usual WW fuckup) on specifics and overall the level 6 powers in Masters of the art are weaker.

Vampire disiplines...I can remember a few, each rank above 5 has a number of varient powers. Theses are all level 6:

Auspex: Clairvoyance (kinda like remote visions in a crystal ball...without the ball), Prediction (Name is wrong but you can get glimpses of the future)

Protean: Marble skin (Half all incomming damage including agravated...this rocks in combination with a high fortitude)

Fortitude: You have a choice here to keep increasing your soak pool or to gain a few crappy powers (such as weapons breaking off your skin)

Thats all I've got I'm afraid. If you are going to invest in anything buy the Horizon:Chantry of hope supplement. The powers are more clearly defined, even if they only go up to level 6. The masters of the art supplement seems to have been written by a bunch of thesaurus weilding Lit students with too much time on their hands.

• 2 years later...

Mage shouldn't get that far as to need beyond five dots!!! In the PC standpoint, if you have five dots, you have ignored the quest for ascention and limited your view of the world in 1 aspect!! Ascention is the complete understanding of limits and lack there of, not superpower in one grasp of reality!!

In GM views, PC's should not be getting ansy about beyond 5, and NPC's should have apropriate powers, no rules needed, just tell the PC's, it happens because it does, or some other question within an answer

long post short, beyond 5!!, hell in all my games, you barely need beyond 3

Archived