Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Sun and Surf

Mech

Connor dashes out the back door after paying the bill and takes a roundabout route to the gas station, trying to avoid the press.

He climbs into the driver's seat vacated by Darren and nods. "On to the beach."

The drive is another fifteen minutes but they arrive at another beach crowded with people. The waves aren't the best here, but they're still easily surfable.

Connor parks and unstraps the board he's gonna take out. "Lets go grab some waves." There's a look of mischief in his eyes. clearly part of him is clearly enjoying dodging the press.

Darren grabs his board and catches up with Connor on the beach, having turned his Eufiber back into trunks as they pulled into the carpark.

"So how do you want to play it this time? Show off and time how long it takes the media to show up, or keep it low key until you obviously well recognised then go for it when it won't make any difference?"

"Up to you, though the former will likely draw us a few advances for the ladies, Our time would be about a minute that way. We play it low-key chances are we'll have to find dates at the party for the party and can probably surf almost till it's time."

"Well, we came here to surf, so let's do that. We can sort out party stuff at party time."

And so they spend the afternoon keeping the surfing about the level of the people around them. Darren will also spend some time chatting to the local surfers about techniques and other beaches, dormed if it makes it easier or more sense

Connor and Darren enjoy the surf the remainder of the day and hit the party on Wakiki that night. It's there that the media finally catches up with Connor who simply nods to Darren to wgo somewhere else unless he wants to be part of the circus.

Connor explained he was on a short holiday to enjoy the beaches of Hawaii and answered some questions about the shark attack and then signs a few autographs. After about an hour the seemingly placated press leaves him alone.

He returns the party and has no trouble having a good time now that everyone knows who he is.

Later on after things start dying down, the two novas are back in the Jeep heading for the hotel.

"Well Darren i hope you had a good time today. I know it was annoying dodging the press, but all in all those waves were worth it."

"No worries, dodging th epress is just yet another new experience after becoming a Nova. I suspect I'll eventually have to do more of it myself. I'm glad you enjoyed learning to surf, you certainly have the ability for it."

Archived