Changeling-Earth 2: Freehold Earth - OOC: Resources for the game

Dawn OOC

I have the best boss ever; he scanned this for me.

Here's a rough map of the settlement, done on white paper and with a ball point pen. The distances are not accurate, because I suck at that sort of thing (for example, the river at the top should be about half that - assume that also covers the bed and the immediate flood area around the river). But this should give you an idea of where things are.

File0001.jpg

Notes: I'll adjust the size later, since it's obnoxiously large. The black line off the morgue was my attempt to create a worn path. It looked ugly and I decided to white it out and forgot. Also the "horseshoe" shapes on the Manifest are the openings cut into the sides by rescue crews. The river has been diverted by the crash, so there is a small waterfall where the crash-scar cut into the river. It is currently re-finding its bed.

Questions?

• 2 months later...

changelingmap.gif

This is a map of the Continent of T-998 that the colonists are on. As a note, there are other land masses, but most are small islands, clustered together in archipelagos.

I am taking suggestions, so if you see something you'd like to name, put up a shout in the OOC thread.

I'll be adjusting this as you learn stuff. Let's see how it looks when uploaded!

Future Weapons and Tech

I have created some charts for weapons and equipment (ok, mostly weapons at this point). I'll add to these as needed; if you have a request for a specific weapon, I'll look for stats on them and alter them appropriately.

Weapons in this game, despite being future-tech, will not do more damage usually. They will have greater ranges, lighter weights and bigger ammo clips, generally. This is because weapondry shouldn't become the focus of this game. It also shouldn't be allowed to take control of the game. To this end, I'm limiting their damage output and allowing 'advancements' in other mechanics, as I mentioned above.

One note on melee weapons: all 'metal' here is a plasto-metal alloy. It works great for most things, but won't carry an edge well. Plasto-metal blades do worse damage than their metal counterparts. Metal weapons are available, but they require one higher level of Resources than the P-M weapons. They also do one more level of damage.

Melee Weapons

Type Damage Size Durability Cost Notes
Bayonet 1L 1/S 3 Damage 1L if mounted on a size 2 rifle or used as a knife
Bowie Knife 2L 1/J 4 +1 to some Crafts rolls; always made of metal
Standard Combat Knife 1L 1/S 3 covers all varieties of knives you'd use in
Bastard Sword 2/3L 3/N 3 ●● one/two hands
Machete 1L 2/J 3  
Katana 2L 2/L 4 ●●●  
Greatsword 3L 3/N 3 ●●●  
Wooden Club 2B 2/J 1 n/a  
Hatchet 1L 1/S 2 always true metal as they are used to cut wood, but are rare as they have machines
Quarterstaff 2B 4/N 1 +1 Defense

Power Tools (as Weapons)

Type Damage Size Durability Cost Notes
Blowtorch -1L 2/S 2 ●●● maximum damage 3
Chainsaw -2L 3/N 3 +1 defense; 8 again
Shovel 1B 3/N 2 lethal damage on exceptional success
Sledgehammer 2B 3/N 2 9 again

Archived