Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Saito: Oblivion Denied

Justin OOC

Two streaks of light blasted forth from the Kurogane. One was the black and Red Daizengar piloted by Saito's father, the other was the brown and scarlet Aussensieter piloted by Elzam. Sanger's Zankatou cleaved dozens of enemies in two with each attack, as blasts from the dual energy cannons bore by Elzams Mech and the shoulder discs annihilated dozens more. Throughout the battle, he could hear his Father's throaty roar over the com as he engaged in various maneuvers and even taunts. Elzm's voice was extremely confindent, bordering almost on arrogant as he did likewise.

Finally as if they'd done so on purpose, A single superevolved invader remained.

"Time to show you our true power." The two of them said as one. Aussensieder transformed into a giant mechanical horse as Daizengar came to rest on it's back, It's Zankatou held over it's back. They stood atop a mountain on Ganymede's airless surface and then Galloped down at full Speed. The Zankatou grew to immense size as they both practically roared "Know Our Power Tornado Blade!"

The Blade slashed through the beast at its waist, and then th comined mecha stopped and jumped up, booster drives flaring, sending a stream of blue ionic fire from all the thrusters. The Zankatou grew to truly immense proprtions and sliced clear through the Invader, Which then promptly exploded into gore and ash. The two mecha returned to their normal forms and returned to the ships.

Through the battle Ibis sat enthralled, watching the two Generals at work was a thing of beauty in an occupation that was most horrible.

"What do you think Saito, did you learn anything?"

Saito silently made a copy of the battle footage.

"I have some studying to do, I am going to compare the reports of this battle with the Meteor's records in order to determine any improvements that I can make during combat".

Saito left the bridge and retured to the hanger where the incomplete Meteor was docked. Saito closed the cockpit door and began to play the combat data of his father's battle with the creatures on one screen and his own battle on another one. Saito's eyes began to dart back and forth studying his father's combat skill while silently making notes in his head.

However, there was a problem that weighed on Saito's mind. If Sanger had this much power why did he leave Saito's training incomplete. Saito was trying to come to terms wiht the sense of abandonment that he was feeling because of the actions of Sanger Zonbolt.

• 3 weeks later...

When Sanger returned to the bridge, his face was emptionless and Stern. SOmething had done something to him, and Saito could tell his Father was not the samee. Recovery had taken twelve hours, and he'd been incommunicado that entire time. Ibis drew to attention as He took his place in his command chair and they stood before them.

"Lieutenant Saito Murazaki, What is it you truly wish to do?"

"Do not think of the wants and desires of others, of me, of the Federation. Tell me truly, honestly, What is your desire?"

Saito silently lowers his head and then looks back up at his father.

"Sir, with all do respect, I wish to return to the Earth. There too many people who wish to do unneeded harm to that world. My companions back on Earth are giving their all in order to defend the world and I have a feeling that they will need my help...they will need the Meteor's power."

"I see." He turns to Ibis. "And You Lieutenant Ibis Douglas?"

"I wish to accompany Lieutenant Murazaki. He may need help, and Earth is my home too." There's something else there, but Sanger lets it slide.

"Very well." He hand each of them a disc. "Play this once you are safely back on earth. What you do, will be your discretion. Now mount up and take to your machines. I will prepare the transporter, the rest I will leave to you, This is my final order to you both." He turns from them, leaving them to fulfill his last order.

Saito watches his father leave and wonders exactly why he was given this option when he was already taken from the Earth once. Something had to have been said to Sanger when he was away. But none of that mattered now, for now Saito knew that his friends were in danger.

"Ibis, it's time to move."

Saito then took off down the hall to make it to the hanger.

Ibis Nods and the two make their way to the Hangar. She quickly mounts up in her Asterion even as he climbs into the Meteor.

The two mecha walk in silence to the Transmission chamber, with Ibis leading the way. In both their suit pockets reside the disks Sanger gave them.

"This chamber will harness the Deuterra reaction and transmit us back to the Earth's Orbit. We'll make our reentry together, to wherever you decide. You know what we have to do."

The Two Mecha stood on the platform and a soft green-white glow enveloped them. "Deuterra field at 100% Initiate transportation!" The Mecha disappeared, reappearing outside of Near-earth orbit. "Where do you want to start Saito?"

Saito quickly brought up the scanners and began to search for any radio signals that might indicate his comrade's location.

"Hmmm nothing detected in space, widening sensor range."

Saito increased the range of his sensors to cover the JAP Sector. Suddenly the sensors detected a weak signal coming from Georgi's battle suit, it was on Earth and in combat.

"Ibis, I have the coordinates transmitting now".

Saito reconfigured his machine into it's Wave Rider Configuration.

"Let's go now".

Saito then threw the throttle forward causing the Meteor to rocket down to Earth.....destination: Jindai High School.

Archived