Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 3 _______ Session 1: Where are we?

Justin OOC

"Priestess Misaru, I'm sorry about this being so sudden. But Kai is the one who actually needs to talk to you, even if I do have questions."

Walking towars Yuna, Valerie sheets the SdZ on her sleeve before standing close to her. "What IS the Kage? I have heard it all, you are Ninjas, you are Clans, you are protecting the world, you are the things that go bump on night for villians, you have goddamned giagiantic robots 300 years before my present time, just WHAT are you people?!"

"The Kage are The Gathered Thirteen Ninja Clans that defend the worldgates here on Earth. We dispense justice where needed and have tried to improve the quality of life for all. As to why and how we have things such as the Grand Knights, sometimes there are those who come to this world with them and for whatever reason they do not survive. We reclaim the Metal titans so they do not fall into the hands of those who would use them to wage wars of aggression.

OThers, We have simply found in our travels across this world. Hidden deep in the Ocean to the East is a massive metal structure, one i believe could be some form of ship. I have also heard tell of a Sunken city far to the south, frozen beneath mountains of ice."

"We are not all knowing, but we have dedicated our lives to preserving our home."

"Great, with that answered. Why do you make war with Satoshi if you both are in this for the same ideals? Their methods might not be the best ones, what with their grand armies having almost autonomous will and their captains being psychotic, paranoid freaks. But saying that the Kage are perfect is just as bad!"

Valerie breathing a big fast, slowed down herself realizing who she was talking to. "I'm just saying, there are...as far as I know...Two giagiantic civilizations doing War over trying to make peace with us or trying to devour our planet, and the only two groups capable of defense against them are in at best a horribly uneasy truce."

"I guess what I'm trying to ask is why did one of Satoshi's own reccomended for Kai to come to you for guidance?"

"Because in Five days the Kage will Reave the Amaha from their ranks."

It was said so casually that it ensured truthfullness.

"We have seen it, and prepared for it. It is likely that the Kage you know war with Satoshi because our efforts are successful in saving our Clan. Satoshi is likely the modern guise of Clan Amaha. Because only we can open or seal the gates we have access to worlds the other clans do not. While they struggle to keep up with the times we press forward with our limited numbers to procure other advantages."

She looks to Amaya. "I'd wager before today you'd never heard of Clan Amaha except in almost silent whispers in the shadows. Tell me why do the Kage of your time wage war against Satoshi?"

"Clan Amaha? Why are they so different that they need to be exiled and warred with? Do they deals with those demons? do they want to conquer the world? What is going on here? Please explain to the alien girl how this all fits together." Val looked at the Miko with the biggest puppy eyes she could possibly muster.

Because we are the only ones who have access to the other worlds, like the one you come from. Only the Amaha can open or close the gates, and over the years the Clan has parlayed that into massive power to influence the others. Our Goal has always been Exploration of this world and all the others. We want to better life for everyone in this world, but at a pace where it will make a difference."

She frowns. "We have Allies on the council, but mostly due to the fact that we control their access to what they desire most. Among the Thirteen Clans, we are Alone, Which is why each of our Four Houses has worked hard to becoming self-sufficient."

"Wait, the Council? Which council? is this some independent group? the leaders of the Kage?" Valerie was terribly confused, the miko talked to her like she expected Valerie to known intimita details about how the Kage and their innerworkings well, worked.

"Are we still talking about Historic or My-time Kage's? It is Thirtheen Clans of Kage and five houses, or only four houses and you are going to kick one out of the secret ninja club?"

"There is a council that rules the Thirteen Clans of the Kage. Effectively they lead everything, and We of Clan Amaha are First among the Thirteen. This is how things cureently sit. I do not know how things are in your time.

As for the Four Houses, each Clan is made up of several houses or branch families. For Clan Amaha, He have the Houses Morisato, Misamaru, Amaha, and house Kamina. Kai is a direct descendant of the Morisato main family, as evidenced by his immense dormant power. Masane is the Head of House Amaha, the youngest woman to ever wear The Bracelet on her right arm. It is a weapon known as the Witchblade, and grants its bearer immense power, at a cost. My Mother was a Morisato, and my Father a Misamaru, thus I bond those two houses together. The Kamina are he only ones you won't see. Almost the entire house is on missions right now."

She smiles. "Does that help any?"

Suddenly Yuna seems to stagger and Masane catches her. "Take us to Kai, he must get you out of here today, now."

"Lady Yuna what's wrong?"

"We have run out of time, They're coming here today."

"I don't.."

"You don't have to Masane, just take us to Kai."

Masane supports Yuna and leads Amaya and Valerie to her own quarters. The medical team left quietly and Yuna Knelt at Kai's head.

"Yuna, you shouldn't wake him."

"I have to Masane, I can feel the Enemy coming, The Hiritsu and the Saotome cannot hold the others off. we will now pay the price centuries of pride demands."

"Then I will get you out of here with us."

"I must stay so that the future remains static. You will shepherd them into the future. That is your destiny, and my last order to you as Priestess of the Kage."

"I obey your Will Priestess."

Yuna looked to the other two.

"I have some things for each of you." She looks to Amaya. "This is the history of Kage, complete and unabridged up to this point. It isn't much, but perhaps it will help you come to understand everything that led to these events."

She looks to Valerie and Produces a Amulet. It's core is a large ruby-colored drystal with a framework of gold and platinum around it. "This resonates the same way you do, I fully believe it is meant for You to have." Valerie could easily recognize the work of her parents.

Once Valerie too the gift from her, she looked down to the sleeping form of Kai. "What I do now Kai, I do knowing that only you can set things to right." Her hands began to glow, and she laid one upon his chest and pressed hard, slowly, her hand seemed to mergre with his body and then she began to withdraw as Kai's eyes opened.

"You are still far to young to Create your own sword, so I will bind mine to your soul, granting you my power, preserving a remnant of the glory that was once the united Kage."

Her hand emerged from his Chest and she released the hilt of a katana. "Take Hold firmly and draw your Soul Sword Kai, Listen to the name and etch it upon the fabric of your being."

He nodded and Clasped the sword's hilt firmly and Drew forth the blade. "Welcome home, Senbonzakura." His words were weak, but his eyes remained open. The ritual was one of the most sacred among the Kage, the first drawing of a soulsword. It only reinforced the fact that they were truly among the Kage.

"It is time for us to return isn't it?"

"Yes Kai, You must go home and do what only you can."

"I don't know if I can.."

"You have all the strength you need. If notby your own, then You do have friends to call upon do you not?"

"But Kongou-sensei.."

"Four came back, and Four shall leave. The order of the universe won't be disturbed." She looks to Masane as does Kai.

"Lady Yuna commands that I go, so I will." she smiles, and it makes him smile. "Besides Kai, you are my one and only contractor, I will never be far from your side. I am a woman of honor, my word is, and shall ever be, good to you."

He nods. "I do not deserve such loyalty." He looks to Amaya and Valerie. "Are you both ready to go home?"

Handling the Pendant with Care, Valerie held it close to her chest. The first part of her parents legacy recovered in such an unlikely place! Her happiness lasted her literally seconds before she was commanded to leave with Amane and Kai had a sword literally pulled out of his gut.

"Huh....I know I'm probably the last person who should say this, but all this is creeping me out. Let's go home before I injure somebody who is the great grandpa of somebody important."

Kai nods as does Amaya. "Each of you hold his hand and believe in Kai and lend him strength, he'll get us where we need to be." Masane takes up position by Kai's head while Amaya and Valerie each take one of his hands. They can all feel their power starting to flow into him and the lines of light begin to glow across his body.

"I want to go home, Let's go home."

The world flashes white and each of them is suffused with a warmth they can only barely describe. Somewhere along the line,Amaya thinks to Kongou, of their lost comrade of the man she'd truly loved and releases Kai's hand. "I cannot go with you now Kai. My people are dead, and there is nothing we can do to save them. I will not be a witness to a world without us, where Satoshi rules all."

She fades from view, lost in the annals of time, and Kai nods his head. "Then that is your choice." He pushes on finally bringing his two remaining passengers to the present world.

It said much to Kai's character that he didn't show up in the ruins of the castle, but in the standing structure of Jindai High School. Kai stood with help from both Masane and Valerie.

"We're a little conspicuous in these Kimonos you know."

Masane nodded. "Think about propper attire and it will become it. I'll follow your example."

Kai did so and the Kimono became his standard black school uniform, as Valeries became her uniform. Massane's did too, though she wore a more adult business suit. She looked like she could pass as a teacher.

Come on, There are other people here. Let's go find them and find out why the sky's black like it is and why there's signs of battle."

With that Kai took off down the hallway, seeming to not even notice the sword in its scabbard at his hip.

Masane looked to Valerie. "i have a bad feeling about this."

(OOC this ends this session and the split. 5 cp for hanging in there another post will be added to Graduation and reunion shortly and after that I would like for you to post there.))

Archived