Aberrant RPG - Have you ever thought about...

Icon

...swapping the Mega-Atts as they work in Aberrant for how the Epic stats work in the Scion line by White Wolf?

If I was to do so, and I'm by no means sold on it, I'd want to make the Mega/Epic Attributes equal in cost to a Rank 3 power. Very quickly, you could get more bang for your buck with the Epic attributes, especially because you'd have to factor in how they boost powers as well. On the other hand, the whole "power of a god" thing would end up quite literal as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know anything about this Scion line and Epic stats...

COuld you be more specific?

Of course, I don't mean quoting the whole bunch of game mechanics, but, apparently Epic Attributes are more powerful and "godlike"? I'm looking for something like that.

Epic atts. give you successes instead of extra dice.

Epic 1 give 1 suc.

Epic 2= 2 suc.

Epic 3= 4 suc.

Epic 4= 7 suc.

And it goes from there. Basically, add the preceding level of Epic to the previous total to get the total successes.

• 4 weeks later...

that sort of thing would unbalance the game somewhat, making mega-attributes absolutely vital to doing anything. Abberant dosnt give that many auto-successes usually (some extras will give 3, but only to non-combat).

also, remember those stats can go all the way up to 10 in theory.

it is a cool idea though, if modified to fit better with the existing game mechanics.

I have already decided to use the Epic Attribute system from Scion in my games, but have tweaked it a bit to accommodate quantum powers without unduly disrupting game balance. My house rule dictates that the number of dots to have in any quantum power is the effective number of dots in any mega-attribute you possess that may be used in determining the power's effects.

For instance: A Nova with Stamina 5, Mega-Stamina five (which grants 11B/L and 5A, in addition to 11 health levels), Force Field 3 would only be able to apply auto success from his M-Sta as if he had it at level 3.

Thoughts? Comments?

Archived