Medianoche

Not really.

What I am looking for with Medianoche's appeal is players interested in exploring a behind the scenes group of novas who work at making the world a better place.

-Yes, they would bypass or break the law (eventually).

-No, they wouldn't have costumes, or super decoder rings. They should be real individuals with flaws and motivations to match.

-They should be willing to work with others, though how they rub against one another should be interesting fictions. It will take some commitment.

Any takers?

While my time is limited, providing Chatohoochie can make a believer out of Gabriel Law, you could count on Gabe to provide funding and even the occation gadget (GPS, communications, medical assistance). He doesn't deal in weapons but his R&D department would prolly give Tony Stark a woody.

He'd be happy to play a behind the scenes associate.

You are forgettint that this is 2009, EVERY Nova group private or not get's Media attention. Every Elite Agency, every Nova rescue team, everything gets Media attention because when there are 6,000 Novas and .1% of them band into a group, something big will come out of it.

The group WILL get attention, you want it or not, specially if they come with a Law Enterprises backing.

You see what I'm saying?

Stealth, masks, and all that stuff could be used. Who knows, maybe the group decides that remaining anonymous is the best thing.

Face it, unless you use a mask for Gabe the group will be spotted from Saturn... the guy's smile shines like the damn sun.

While most novas can become media darlings, its not guaranteed. For instance, Robert is a relatively unknown personality and he dates Liberteen.

Cipher helps out, and so does the power of Lawyering that high resouces brings out. I like to think novas can be low-key, yet secretly get together and do some good.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying that it's like hoping Batman would stay low-key.

Sure, nobody knows who he is, but it does not stop him from being world famous. You see what I mean?

The group can avoid being known who they are and who they work with/for all they want and it WILL be possible. It will be impossible to keep the team completely underwraps for too long unfortunetly.

On top of that, for when inevitably it is found out, it WILL probably be better to have a face that is not Gabriel Law, since Law Enterprises wants to keep it out of the media that they are the monetary backers. Plot related people will know, because they are walking deus ex machina, but hey who is not it on a WW game?

Okay, we get it, some of you may not be interested. Someone here is trying set up something that they want to have fun with and the best players can do is derail his legit thread with jokes.

Shit, or get off the pot. If your not interested then do the player a favor and step aside and let him set this up. Give the guy a break.

Keep in form with how it should be... we wait until he fucks this up, then we rip on him until he's in tears.

I never said it was a bad idea. I think it's a fine idea: a small, motivated group of novas could do things that Utopia, with its layers of bureaucracy and pre-ordained, sanitized agenda might not. I was just making a goof about how in fundamental concept, it's similar to what I did, though I think Medi's group would operate much differently. Clearly, though, I have no problem with the idea. I quite like it.

Archived