Aberrant: 2011 - Medium Rare With No Time to Spare

Long Pig Johnny

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Dustbin
It easy to get to places of many new dead. I look at news. See where many die, go there in instant. No more new dead in Angel City. Went elsewhere.

So sad. You sound like a guy who brings the party with you. Let me know when you're in town, next time.

This isn't adversity, Ravenshire. This is a slow-motion train wreck.

I'll lay you any money he's already been targeted by the Directive and PU for what he's posted here. And I have good reason to believe he'll get liquidated if he's caught. I can't go out of my way to help him if he doesn't want help. But this has got to be the most un-evolved display I've seen in a long time; I was hoping that shit was behind me.

Paramancer, how do you track down a teleporter?

Mind you, I'm not a big fan of Dustbin, but I'm not on the lynching committee either. I figure he didn't wish this hunger on himself. He does something I have moral qualms with, but I try not to project my own morality on others.

As Primal put it, he is the way he is. I have to figure if that's something I can live with. I hope you understand I have problems with a fellow nova that eats other sentient beings. We (novas and baselines) aren't cattle or chickens. There is, in my mind, a difference between the food animals we eat and being eaten ourselves. I also know I'm not alone in believing that.

Maybe I'm not a fan, but it bothers me how this poor bastard is pushing buttons and bringing out the Springer audience in everyone, most likely without the slightest chance he could have done anything about it.

He needs help. Help that I can't give him, and I doubt PU has anything up it's sleeve other than lifelong incarceration or death. And everyone runs out of juice sooner or later.

I did what I could. If he can be helped, he'll be helped. If not...at least I did what I could.

Guest Dark Spiral

If he needs our help, he can ask for it. Right now, you should respect his desire to be a hunter and a killer. I know demons and they are not the "saving" kind. When he is ready to tear back the next veil of reality, he will seek us out, believe me.

I am the Dark Spiral - Death, and I see the ending of all things. I understand his desire to be ... what he is, outside of the conventions of his old existance.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
If he needs our help, he can ask for it. Right now, you should respect his desire to be a hunter and a killer. I know demons and they are not the "saving" kind. When he is ready to tear back the next veil of reality, he will seek us out, believe me.
I am the Dark Spiral - Death, and I see the ending of all things. I understand his desire to be ... what he is, outside of the conventions of his old existance.

You assume he enjoys being as he is. I'm not sure that's the case.

Anyway...

Bottom line, the guy can't be allowed to go around incinerating people and consuming their remains. So he has to do it to survive, the condition was forced on him, yada yada yada. Those arguments are all well and good right up to the point where he starts munching on your friends and family.

Apparently he isn't interested in restricting his dietary habits to the recently deceased (and that'd cause quite a fucking stir among baseline society in and of itself). Nor is he interested in seeking help from Project Utopia. So it's pretty much either Teragen or "lead projectile". Probably both.

Drew--he compared Project Utopia to the police of his homeland. Apparently, they aren't a savory bunch, no pun intended. I don't think he has a frame of reference for Project Utopia.

Of course, given what I think of PU, I'm not sure I want to disabuse him of that.

And careful of how you judge him, brother. Taint moves in mysterious ways, as does politics. It may be you being hunted down, and I'm sure you'd want sympathetic voices out there for you.

What it boils down to is I have a problem with people killing people. Call me crazy, but something about it offends my archaic sensibilities. And I'd like to think that if I was in such a position, with no out, I'd be able to do what needed to be done.

If I may:

Killing is not universally wrong. We kill in war, on the battlefield, without it being considered morally wrong. Policemen kill in the line of duty. Citizens kill in self-defense - key word her self-Defense.

Since we as individuals have decided we don't want to be killed, we empower society to kill in our defense, or (in certain national and provincial cases) in retribution for our deaths.

The point we have to face here is the specter that Dustbin can not be contained. Not because he can 'poof' away, but because we can not feed him in a way he can survive. Essentially, we starve him to death. Its a tough case.

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
Frankly, Dustbin scares me. Both in the fact he considers me tasty food and the fact that any of us could end up with his fate.
What I wonder about is that with all the brainpower we have assembled we can't come up with another solution besides kill or be killed.

Tell me about it, bro. Tell me all about it. cry

Dude, I wish I had the brains to cure him and give him his life back. I really do.

But I'm just extra-lovable. That's it. And I don't want him baking me into ashes and eating me. Or anyone I love. I'd be put into a position of die or kill. That's not right, and I hope he gets the treatment he needs.

He needs more than the world can offer. I can sympathize, but I can't help him.

Originally Posted By: Dustbin
YOU taunt ME! blah, blah I will consume you! blah I will savor your essence!

You damn well better savor my essance. I hate not being appreciated.

Listen, you don't have the tongue to really know what eating a girls is all about, so why don't you let me school you - provided you promise to bathe.

Archived