Aberrant: 2011 - About technology, robots and strobing lights.

Alessa Neri

Alessa looked up at Karrie, biting her lip to avoid laughing in the face of Jhonson. "Well Mr.Jhonson, following my Main Tech girl advice, I think we will have to have the Stadium repaired, don't you?"

Jhonson looked like he was about to pop an artery "Ms. Neri, how do you think this...girl, would know more about our stadium than we do? We have had a failure in energy or two, but that is nothing that our technicians can't handle." Jhonson felt back in control, he was cooling his head and this two girls wouldn't be able to outsmart him.

"Oh but Mr.Jhonson, what if there is an energy foul up during the concert? Will your company be able to take the hit?" Alessa almost purred the words, looking at Mr.Jhonson. "I would think that if this contract is not signable, I would have to take my business......and all the free publicity it offers.........to another place, don't you agree Karrie?"

Jhonson was sweating it, this girls had him in the hotseat and he was losing on the pressure game, a brilliant idea popped up on his mind.

"But of course we wouldn't want for Ms.Neri to take her concert away, we are more than happy to lend our help on this. I will present the changes to the board and see what we can do about it." the gleam on Jhonson's eye betrayed him, he wanted to spin doctor this on his advantadge, bastard will probably take the credit of the repairing initiative.

"Other than this obsolete contract, what else could be at stake Ms.Neri?" Jhonson pressed his hands together infront of himself.

"Yes sir, I just wish to check the acoustics of your stadium, after all, I WILL have to sing on it." Alessa left the office, going down towards the field.

-------------

Appearing out of one of the side doors towards the field, Alessa breathed in and remembering the lyrics to the Gundam Superior song, she sang one of the middle parts.

The sound coming from Alessa's throat traveled well throug the air, the vibrations expanding far beyond normal human reach and reaching every corner of the stadium without the need of a microphone, it was an angelic voice that could shame any singer before it, the glass in the office building vibrated sligthly on the highest pitched notes and the voice that made glass shake suddenly stoped.

Sighing sligthly, Alessa felt sligthly more confident about her choice of stadium.

Karrie was going over the guts of the control room when she heard a familiar tune. Poking her head over the display counter, she smiled as she watched Alessa sing. "Wow," she murmured, lost in the sound.

Then it was over, and Karrie turned back to her work, making a mental list of what she was going to need. The enomity of the task spread before her, but she saw it as a challenge. This is going to be fun.

They had a lot of work to do, and very little time to do it in.

Later that day

The Limo was once again stuck in traffic, and Alessa was sitting across from Coyote, who had once again gotten dirty all over while working in the control room. "You are like a big girl with big toys, you know that?" Alessa giggled.

"Come, let's go get you some clothing that fits you better, you have such a lovely figure to waste it on clothes that don't flatter you. What do you think? Shopping and dinner, or Shopping and hit a club?"

Karrie had been looking over her notes regarding the venue, the sun slipping in through the window shining on her dark hair. She was absorbed in her work, but not so much that she didn't smile and glance up at Alessa when she started talking.

"Shopping?" That one word held all the disdain that a mega-smart nova could inject. "Food is fine, but shopping? Shopping sucks.

"Also, I'm filthy. Can I get to a shower?" Karrie asked. "You'd need a shower too if you're been crawling under those panels. I'm sure some of their issues are coming from dust getting in the machinery. So dirty."

"Of course, I guess we can go to the hotel first, but we are getting you some clothes, you are just cute as a button, gotta show it Karrie." Alessa smiled at Karrie. "So you think lack of cleaning made their equipment fail? That sounds so...odd. I guess I didn't figure it mattered that much.."

Alessa looked out of the window. "So, after dinner, up for some fun or just want to go to bed?"

"Of course we will, but tomorrow, for now I would feel like a horrible host to make you work for your complete first day.....and we still have something to talk about, don't you agree?"

Alessa's car stopped right infront of the hotel. "Ok, you get to shower first, I shower after. Gotta get cleaned and dressed again, we going for dinner."

Karrie noted with well-hidden relief that the word shopping was off the table, and so she simply nodded and agreed to the first shower. "To be honest, I got so caught up in the project that I forgot why we were here," Karrie said, shrugging sheepishly as they entered the elevator. "I can get drawn in by new-shinies."

After getting a change of clothes, Karrie went into the shower. She hurried, not wanting to keep Alessa or Karrie's own appetite waiting. Soon she stepped out clean and dressed in black jeans with a emerald green top with a scooped neckline. "Your turn."

Alessa smiled and went into the bathroom, taking her sweet time to get all primed up and pretty, not that hard of a job for her.

After a long shower, she came out of the Bathroom in a towel, picking up some clothes before going back into the bathroom to change. Once done, she emerged from the bathroom in a velvet halter top and jeans, ending the outfit in sneakers.

"Hmm, I could SO go for a Burger right now, how about you Karrie? Don't want to go pick up a burger somewhere?"

"Good!" Alessa grabs Coyote by her hand and pulls her out of the room. "Come on! I will race you down the stairs."

Alessa giggled as she ran down the hallway with Coyote in tow, stopping in front of the elevator. "Oh crap, I forgot I have to stop after dinner to make a downpayment, is that ok with you?"

Alessa turns to coyote with big pleading eyes "I swear we won't take long."

"Suuuurrreeee," Karrie said, getting that sense of being pulled along by a hurricane. "I mean sure, we can stop... shouldn't you get a personal assistant to do a lot of this? I mean, I've only been here a few hours, and you're already running yourself ragged. I mean, you are a nova, so you're not likely to damage your health, but you should have someone else do the work so you can enjoy being a nova."

It was turning out to be fun, too. Karrie was starting to like Alessa - with her vibrant personality, it was hard not to warm up to her.

"Assistants are for old people!" Alessa grins widely "Plus, what's the point of having all this energy and the ability to do it all if I don't?" Alessa was now bobbing from her heels to her toes in place, just bouncing back and forth in place while waiting for the elevator.

"So Karrie, think you can get the stadium ready for the concert? it's rapidly approaching." Looking over to Karrie, Alessa watched intently for any signs of the girl being uncomfortable with the pace she had or tiredness.

The ring of the elevator dinging, and the pair getting into it. "You know, I really don't feel like using the limo at this time, feel like giving one of the cars a drive?" Alessa pulled out a set of keys from her pocket and dangled it ifnront of Coyote.

"The ability to have fun on your own terms?" Karrie asked, but Alessa, in true Alessa style, was already moving past the topic.

"Yes, I can have the stadium ready," Karrie said, "if what's his nut can provide me with a good team of employees. Even if it is a good team, I'll be putting in a lot of hours." And hoping that Primal doesn't call me for a job in the meantime.

But all of those thoughts were driven out of her head when Alessa pulled out the keys. There was a chance that the cars would be something both expensive and crappy, but the odds were low. "I accept!"

In the garage, Alessa led Karrie over to a row of cars. "These... are all yours?" Karrie asked, fighting to keep from drooling. She'd worked on a lot of these cars, and they were all incredible. Her eyes fell on the red Ferrari. "That one."

"That's Paolo's car" Alessa grimaces, but she sees Karrie's glinting eyes and her happy expression. "But I guess he can do without it for tonight, eh?"

Alessa moves towards the car "So! Want to give it a spin and see why it's worth it to pay so much for an Enzo?" Alessa sits on top of the car's hood, parodying a car model. "Come on, we gotta hurry or they will close down the billing counter."

"Oh, I'm sure Paolo won't mind. Besides, if he minded, why would he give you the keys to it?" Karrie assured her, in a tone that suggested that it wouldn't matter if he did have a problem. What wasn't as clear was the reason why, though it could be assumed that Karrie was car-blind*.

"An Enzo?" Karrie squeaked before hitting the lock button on the key ring, opening the doors. She was in the passenger seat, easing her way into the leather with the care of a priest with the wafer and wine, before Alessa could open her door. As she waited for her companion to settle herself, Karrie inserted the key and turned the engine over, listening to it purr.

Suddenly, she frowned, shut off the car and pulled on gloves. "Excuse me," she muttered, pulling the hood release and hopping out of the car. She fiddled with something, then hopped back in and restarted the car. This time, she smiled as the engine purred to life. "There." She glanced at Alessa. "Ready?"

The word was innocent, but it held dire implications.

*An affliction that usually strikes men, it is a disease whose sole symptom is extreme assholish behavior in the face of a boner-producing car.

"Yes!" Alessa jumped into the car, waiting for Karrie to hit the accelerator. "45th and Lexington, there is a big building there, we going there to make a payment and then we go for dinner, how does that sound?"

Alessa put on her seatbelt, and adjusts her seat. "Paolo usually drives the Enzo like an old italian lady, don't tell me you are going to drive it like that too?" Alessa grins, expecting the same from Coyote in return.

"Can you give me directions to 45th and Lex - I've never been here," Karrie said, ignoring the grandmother question for just a moment. She'd answer it soon enough.

Alessa nodded in agreement, and Karrie finally returned that smile. She dropped it into reverse and popped the clutch. The engine roared as the cherry-red Enzo shot out of its spot and turned to the side. Karrie was already shifting gears, and the car snapped forward, jumping straight to thirty miles per hour before the first turn. Karrie judged both her speed and the turn radius perfectly, and the Enzo snapped around the turn and onto the ramp. Karrie kept the perfect mixture of speed and momentum until she was down on the street.

That was when she opened the car up.

Had a police officer been around, he would have gotten a fat fine, assuming he could have caught them. That was a rather large assumption, and the Enzo was finally allowed to be what it was built for: a precision sport car in the hands of someone able to handle her.

[Dex+Drive check: 5 successes - assuming that the Enzo is a 2 difficulty to handle (not sure, don't have my book here), Coyote is not having a problem with driving like this]

Alessa shrieks with enjoyment as Coyote shows her ability in driving, the Enzo's engine purring infront of them and the seats shaking minutly because of it. "Wooo!"

Alessa cheered on Karrie as she broke the speed limit in such a formidable way as to think they were in the middle of an action movie. "Take the next left, then go to the tunel that goes under that bridge and then take a right, another right and straight until you hit the red light!" Alessa's heart was racing, her blood was pumping and she could not unglue her eyes from the road.

Karrie just nodded at the directions, lost momentarily in the thrill of the smoothly shifting car. She dropped into a lower gear to slide over two lanes, then swiftly shifted up to punch into the turn.

Once they were on the straight way, Karrie opened it up and eased back into the seat, smiling broadly. "So, Alessa, what are we doing after paying this bill? Food, right?"

"Yes, Food! a Burger joint and a milkshake or ten." Alessa got off the car just as soon as Karrie breaked and did a 360° to park the car point forward.

"Come, I won't be happy if I leave you behind at all tonight, come!" Alessa waited impatiently besides the car while Karrie tried to pry her hands off the wheel, after a bit of internal struggling on weather to go with Alessa or steal the car for a joyride, Alessa reached into the car and pulled her out to help her decide.

Holding onto Karrie's arm, Alessa lead her towards the elevator, "Come little grasshopper! You have much to learn of the world and how to pay a bill without actually giving money out!" Waiting for the Elevator to ding, Alessa looks Karrie top to bottom "I might increase that bill before I pay it by the end..."

Archived