[OpNet] Question about the legal matter?

Cisco

Get a defense attorney. If the charge is serious, you can ask the judge for a continuance so that you can better prepare your own defense. You have a right to a fair and speedy trial here, but it may sometimes be in your interest to wait until you are ready.

What are the charges?

At an arraingement, the judge, you and the prosecutor make clear what the charges are, how much bail is to be set at (it is rare not to get bail), and what the formal charges will be. You also set the first trial date at this time.

Originally Posted By: Trooper
If you haven't been arraigned yet doesn't that mean your ass is still in jail? They let you email in jail now?
Yes. The ass is still in the jail. It is really a very nice place. Not like the jails in Mexico. And I have many people come to see me. The waitress from the cafe she bring me the pie. It is very delicious pie. The students from the university come to see me and bring one of the professors.

In America you get the one phone. This I use to activate the transmitter function of the device under the skin in my hand. The university of Arizona rules say it had to be turned off. I think they worry the students would cheat. In the larger cities they have the jammers to prevent this from working. But in Arizona this is not considered necessary.
Originally Posted By: Preston
Get a defense attorney. If the charge is serious, you can ask the judge for a continuance so that you can better prepare your own defense. You have a right to a fair and speedy trial here, but it may sometimes be in your interest to wait until you are ready.
This is very good advice. This is why I think I am very smart to come here and talk with other novas.
Originally Posted By: Preston
What are the charges?
It is sad to say but there are many. There is the criminal mischief. There is the destruction of property. There is the murder. These are the big ones. I think they ask me to wait for the arraignment so to decide what charges they want to use.

The guard see me while I write. I am to arraigned tomorrow in the morning. I think they have decide what they want to use for charges. It should a very interesting day.

Mr. Rodriquez, any communications in and out of a prison are tightly controlled. If you are using a contraband device, please note that any communications with it are also illegal, and they will he beheld against you. Your contacts at the University of Arizona should provide you with alternative soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived