Aberrant: 2011 - Behind a Line of cars [Complete]

Pele Kahu Ahi

Quote:
Coming from the BlackBurn Brawl fic, after Pele got his ass handed to him by Longball and Hina healed him.

Pele walked slowly the sidewalk, his arm around Hina's shoulders to support a fraction of his weight.

"Where...Where did Longball went to? and that other guy?" Pele was sligthly dazed, getting almost killed and then half way cured was a certain way to do that to anybody. Still favoring his right foot, Pele found it hard to walk at all, balacing his weight between three pivot points and trying to keep his abdomen strong and not soft and painful.

"Whe..where are you taking me?"

This was one of most unusual parties Pele had attended, and while one half of the result was less than desirable, the other half was very very good, and currently helping haul his broken ass to cover.

"It's alright," Hina said softly, finally realizing that he was not altogether there. "Longball has gone to stop the fighting inside the Blackburn, and the doctor has gone in to tend to the wounded. You and I are getting away from the fighting, because I do not fight, and because you are too wounded to fight."

She helped him down so that he could lean against a car, with its bulk between them and the fight. In a move that no doctor would dare to perform on a patient, Hina sat on his legs and leaned against his bruised and bloody chest. "I healed you," she explained when he grunted in pain. "Deal, because I'm cold and you're too warm to waste."

She curled her feet up and laid them across his shins so that no part of her touched the ground. "It's too damned cold. Couldn't you two have picked a better night to fight outside?"

Sitting, that's a good idea when your intestines are bleeding off. But hey, who was he to argue with the hot girl?

Pele sat down, on the concrete and only complained when Hine san on his legs, complaining about the cold of the night and how he was warm.

"Ye-Yes, I'm warm. But...it still hurts." Pele looked down on the tan skinned girl, with sunset colored hair on his lap "Even if not all of it is bad..." Damnit, why does she have to be so good looking! And why do I have to be such a horn dog!

"Oh, it hurts?" Hina said, her eyebrow rising as her smile changed. "I can make it stop hurting - would you like that?" She slipped her fingers down his body, finding an developing bruise. Her fingers traced the hotter spot of flesh on his body, feeling the gentle slope of its swelling.

She stretched her short frame up to whisper in his ear. "Do you remember what I did to Māui? Would you like to see if there is a fantail about?"

Pele didn't had anything else but to laugh at what Hina was presenting him "At least you are not sleep right now Miss Hine, and I pray that there are no fantails around New York."

Pele laughed softly, that was as high as his broken ribs would let him, coughinga little in the end. "As for stopping it from hurting, it would depend. Do you plan to heal me, or to take me?"

"Now just who do you think I am?" Hina laughed. "Heal you... were I meshed enough with the divine to heal you enough to take away the pain, I would have done so already. But take you... you're so close already." Her eyes closed and she inhaled deeply, smelling his flesh and blood.

It would be so easy, so simple to take that weak pounding of life and tear it away, to send him ahead of her to the Underworld. But he was not one of her faithful beloved, and it seemed wrong to have the first life she sent ahead to be someone she barely knew. "So no... I wouldn't be healing you."

Pele sighed, expecting that answer. "I tought as much, but hey I can't ask for anything better" Pele puts his good, non injuried arm, over Hina's shoulder.

"Did ya at least sent for an ambulance? Or are you just making sure my last moments before going to the underworld are pleasant?"

"...You know, coming from you that IS a relief" Pele sighed and started to conciously control his breathing, slowing it down to a serene and constant peace.

If you didn't take into account the pandemonium that was being set loose on the Blackburn, it was a very serene night. Snow was starting to fall, or maybe some Nova with cold powers was messing around or the ground was shaking and snow fell from the buildings, but at least on the sidewalk a little snow was falling.

Heh, couldn't have bargained for more

"So...how does it feel?"

"Like... drawing heat and warmth into yourself," Hina said, yawning. He was warm, and she was sleepy. She curled into his body a little closer, wishing his arm was webbed so that he could cover her whole back.

Something cold brushed her nose, and Hina looked up. "Is that really snow? I've never seen it before."

"Let's hope you don't have to draw all my warmth, shall we Princess?" Pele hugged the curled up Hina into his chest, the less injuried parts of it at least. Exerting himself to create increase the temperature around them a bit more like he had done in the dance floor.

"Yeah, that's snow, I didn't saw it on the Polynesian islands either, I had to come to the states to see it. It's actually beutiful, think of it as cold, white and non toxic volcanic ash" Pele was slowly drifting to sleep, feeling warm and accompanied by Hina.

Archived