z-Kara

The sun was warm in the plaza, and Kara stopped her brisk walk for a moment to stretch and soak the warmth. Her shirt rode up as she raised her arms, revealing her mocha skin and the valley of her bellybutton. The muscles in her ass and legs flexed as she stood on tiptoe, pulling every tendon and sinew in her body taut. Someone somewhere wolf-whistled, but Kara didn't have time for them. Instead, she relaxed and smoothed down her cute top and demin skirt, and continued to her meeting.

She wasn't sure what to expect; she'd never met Catalyst before, and while she's seen pictures of the girl online, that was different than meeting someone in person. Just as a completely unrelated example, meeting Gabe Law in person was very different from meeting him in a chat room - very different.

The bistro that they had agreed to met at comes into view, and Kara smiles eagerly. She's not so eager that she doesn't stop and pull out a mirror, checking her makeup and hair. It's all fine; her appearance is always fine, but Kara can't stop herself. With a deep breath and a confident smile, Kara enters the store's courtyard, scanning the tables for a familiar face.

Calm, cool, and relaxed was what Catalyst was trying to look like. She did not feel that way. Not by a long shot.She felt scared, alien and a lone. She was alone in a strange place, meeting a nice but still strange woman. Caramel was clear to visit.She was safe and besides Catalyst could take care of herself. She spotted her. Catalyst speed up her walking, she moved past all but ignoring the people trying to talk to her.

She waved, and yelled to Caramel.

"Car, here I am!"

She was wearing jeans, sneakers, and a white tank top. She made this simple fashion statement look good.She wanted to keep things simple. Her uefiber was hidden, and doing it's job. She always wore.She couldn't take it off.

"I have so been looking forward to seeing you..Just one thing.. I don't know how you found out about what is on the videos..But please keep quit about it."

The young voice cut through the gentle noises of the crowd, and the infamous nova turned, looking for the owner. "Hey, sugar," Kara said when her eyes fastened on the young girl. She was cute, but not too cute; she would fit in as a baseline, but draw eyes whereever she went.

The two novas met in the middle of the bistro; without hesitation, Kara grabbed the younger woman in a big hug. "I'm glad you made it, sweetie. I hope your trip was good," she said, giving Cat one last squeeze before releasing her.

As Catalyst mentioned the tapes, Kara sank into a chair, hiding a chuckle behind her hand. "Oh, sweetie," Kara said softly when Cat was done talking, "I don't know what's on them - I was joking, and because of my business, I made a sexual joke. But I won't mention them again, if they bother you so much." She smiled broadly, white teeth gleaming in the afternoon sun.

She hugged onto Caramel lightly. She looked down to the woman, and wanted to ask her so many things. Her eyes meet Caramel's eyes.

"Oh I do not like plans, they are just not my thing I guess."

Looking about the area, noticing the people looking, she carefully pulled away.Smiling , it was clear that she enjoyed the hug, but the on lookers were bothering her.

"Oh, it is not that I do not mind jokes. I just don't think Troy would like those videos..He is a big um odd that way. I still really like him. But that is not why I came here."

She offered her hand, a faint smile on her lips. Her eyes were carefully looking out to the crowd trying to seem like they were not.

"I well, you should know I don't talk to my family and well my old friends aren't there anymore... SO there are some things that I just don't know who talk to anymore..I think you are nice, and know what I need to know. I would be more blunt but..To many ears."

Kara blinked, her smile fading a bit. "Down to business immediately?" she chuckled, but there was a serious note to her voice. "Well, let's get away from the crowds."

Kara didn't really want to take her to her house, but didn't see many options. So she flipped open her phone and hit the first number on the speed-dial. Almost immediately, Dexter answered, and Kara said, "Bring the car around, hon."

In a couple of moments, the large SUV pulled up and Rashard hopped out, scanning the crowd. Kara smiled at the tall, bald black man, watching him go into over-protective mode because she'd made him wait with the car. "Catalyst, this is my bodyguard Rashard," Kara explained as she guided the younger nova into the SUV. With gentle prompts, she steered Cat to the last row of seats. Rashard popped back into the driver's seat and started a paranoid and agressive ride. In the passenger seat, Dexter gave her a quick wave before starting to climb back into the middle seats.

"Where to?" Rashard asked, and Dexter yelped and stumbled as the other man took a corner hard.

"Home," Kara said, leaning forward and grabbing Dexter. "Sugar, you're going to hurt yourself. This is Catalyst, who I told you about."

Dexter was a thin, awkward young man; where Rashard was lean in a way that reminded Kara of a predatory animal, Dexter was just thin, too small. "Uh, hi," he said a bit shyly, sorting out his legs and struggling into his seat in the middle row. "It's nice to meet you."

"Now," Kara said, turning back to Catalyst, "we're alone. What did you want to talk about?" Dexter opened up a small computer and began to work. "Don't worry about them - they'll never say a word."

Okay, a little over the top much. Catalyst briefly wondered if those two were packing heat. Most likely. Car seemed to have some problems in that way, Catalyst hoped they would go away soon. She was looking about the SUV, and thinking too many thoughts. Carlos was teaching her too many things she was not to comfortable learn, he was teaching her these things because he said she should learn the ways of evil to know how defeat it. Right now she could touch one the buttons on her pants, becoming dense enough to with a little effort to flip this truck. Oh enough thoughts like that, think of happy things. Think of Troy's smile, Brit's Bust, Er's pouncing and licking.

"So, I know I am not a lesbian. I know that being one isn't wrong..I just felt funny when I looked at Brittany and well, thought of sex. I get that with you a bit, but I don't when I look any other women. Is that normal?"

her voice was flucating widely. Speeding up, slowing down. It was clearly something that she was fairly unsure of and uncomfortable with, but she seemingly bit her lip and dealt with it the best she could.

In the silence that followed Cat's question, Dexter made a strange, soft noise and slid lower in his seat. Kara spared her assistant a wry glance before turning back to her young guest. Well, and here I was expecting a question about when it was ok to put out for Troy...

"Sugar, well..." Kara let her voice trail off for a moment before she continued in a calm voice, "if you don't get it with all beautiful women, it could be that you're a little more suspectable to women with quantum-enhanced beauty. And I'd say it's very normal, since I pay all of my bills because of people's suspectability to my beauty." She paused, unsure if Catalyst would be comfortable with that statement.

"I think I understand. I just felt odd. I mean. I don't mean it's wrong. It just doesn't feel right for me. I don't know."

Pausing a bit. Was she coming off as a bigot, confuse..She did feel stupid about this. She was not used to feeling stupid. Sure she was not as smart as her sister, she grew up knowing that, but she knew how to hide how smart she really was. Smart enough to have to act stupid to fit in..That is what her mother had told her.

"So, I have been told that I look good.I mean really look good and I have seen how people look at me..But you can see the scars on my back..Right?"

Her back did indeed have that Fibonacci pattern branded into it. Parts of it could be seen around the edges of her shirt.

"If it doesn't feel right, that's ok," Kara said softly, "just as it's ok if it does feel right." She smiled and added, "I've kissed far too many girls to throw stones."

But Catalyst's second worry was much more difficult to address. Kara remembered all to well the thread where Cat had revealed the rape, and that made Kara uncertain. "You do look good," Kara instead offered, trying to focus on the good rather than the bad. And when she couldn't hide behind the good, she went for honest. "Sure, I can see the scars, but I can guanantee you that no one is looking at your back."

"Really. I really like Britteny. I do. I feel well urges, when I see her. I want to be her friend. I want to be more but well..I am just confused. Cause well..Dead horse I think"

She looked into Caramel's eyes. She was trying to pin down what the other woman was thinking. Oh this was not good. She may not want to tell Caramel, about all her scars yet. She doesn't want to scare her new friend away.

"I know, and sometimes that is worse you understand? They are part of me, and wile I don't like them They are there..And most people well I am sure you know this feeling just look at my chest. Sometimes I feel like I am nothing but a pair of tits over an ass to most people...You know? I feel like just because I am wearing something good looking doesn't mean want to be treated like meat..."

She wasn't not used to looking good. She was used to looking rather plain to be frank.Well she was still learning what it was to be her nova self.Her life as nova has been sheltered due to her training and her court battles.

"I still think of myself the way I used to..At least I think to myself that is how I look."

"Babe," Kara said, getting very serious. She reached out and took Catalyst by the chin, tipping her head back and forcing her to meet those beautiful golden eyes. "Catalyst, sugar, you are beautiful. You were beautiful before your eruption. Everyone is beautiful, because we were all created by God, by Gran Met.

"The scars you are wearing... some will see them as beautiful," Kara said softly, her voice and gaze still intense. "Some will see them and not care.

"But remember this, above all else, sweetie," Kara finished. "You will never be able to control how others react to you. Treat them with courage and power, and they'll never be able to hold you down or hurt you. Do you understand?"

"Really? But I can't stand being treated like I am only here for making babies...Or rather being used for pleasure. Most people who look at me that way don't want children just sex. It just well. I am thankful that Troy wants to take that part of our relationship slowly. I have been told it is fun, but well."

Her eyes were glistening. She had an expressive face. It was one her better features. Emotions clearly shown in her eyes,lips, and cheeks. The features of her face could be subtle, and still make the point..Right now her face was showing fear, and confusion. She knew how to use her face, when she needed to.She knew how to use what she was given, sure she was learning more..Still right now her face was not lying.

"Oh I know, but knowing and knowing..I just want to go some place where I will fit in I guess.Where I will not stand out."

Kara released Catalyst's chin, not sure she wanted to see the girl cry. "It's good you and Troy are compatable that way," Kara said, stroking Cat's dark hair instead. "Nothing is harder on a relationship than a disagreement about something as important as sex."

Kara shook her head. "Honey, people are always going to treat you wrong, even those you love. Someday, Troy's going to treat you wrong, and whether you love him enough to forgive him is up to you. Hell, you're going to treat others wrong. It's what we do as people. You just have to love enough to move on. Or not. It's ok to not move on. You just got to be ready for what a lack of forgiveness does to you.

"And sweetie, you'll never really fit in, not completely," Kara added. "Either your skin will be too dark or too light, or you'll be too restrained or too rambuctious. Someone's can find a reason to hate you, if they want to.

"Learn to love yourself, and the rest of the world will follow."

"Well, tell me something about you. Please tell me the bad man has been stoped.I would hate to hear otherwise. Noone should ever hurt you. IS he why you have the body guards?"

her voice frantic bit.Did she really care about Caramel.Was she trying to change the subject. It was hard to tell. She hid her feelings and meaning well when she wanted to.

"I don't like fighting, or hurting people. But I would do it for ya..If you were in danger."

"Yeah, Changeling helped me stop my stalker," Kara answered. "And... bad man is the wrong term; he didn't hurt me. He was really just an annoyance." An annoyance indeed; he'd cost her a future in underwear.

"Oh, no," Kara said, chuckling a little about the bodyguard remark. "I have a bodyguard, Rashard; Dexter is my assistant. I also have a hairdresser/make-up artist. And I hired Rashard with my first stalker.

"These are implants," Kara continued, pulled one eyelid down to show off her yellow eyes, "which meant that a lot of my fans thought I was a nova before I actually erupted. I had one get too personal, and so I had to hire Rashard. Dexter and Gardenia, my hairdresser, are cousins; they've worked for me since I had enough money to afford them." Dexter glanced back at her and smiled before returning to his computer. "That guy was dangerous, and is now in prison. This last one... that was just an annoyance.

"And thank you, sugar," Kara added, rubbing the younger nova's arm. "But if you got hurt defending me... don't worry. I'm tougher than I look, and meaner, too. I can take care of myself." The last was said with a jaunty wink.

" You sure? You sure that he would never harm you? I have been told that stalkers are unstable. They will do stupid things. I mean Look at John Lennon"

Looking at Caramel's chest. Sure she was not as endowed as Caramel.She did not think they were fake.She thought of reaching out and touching. She should ask first. Should she ask? Would it be alright. If was Liberteen, she knew that Brittany would have thrust her chest out for a holding. Still. She did not know Caramel that well. She may just play the slut for money. Or what she one at all. Sex for money did not mean much.

"I don't think those are fake.I mean I trust you..They just look real. You look real.All of you."

"Thank you," Kara said, inwardly sighing at the second most popular question she got form people. "And yes, they are real, which is the answer that you should always get and give. All women's breasts are real, even when they aren't."

This talk of breasts and body image gave Kara an idea. "Tell you what - how'd you like to go shopping?" The Neiman Marcus store was coming up in a moment, and going shopping would be fun. Plus, it meant that they wouldn't go to Kara's home. It wasn't that she didn't like the young nova; Kara just didn't like taking anybody to her house unless she was comfortable with them. "We can shop and talk. I've been needing some new summer clothes anyway."

"Well, I know. Still you look wonderful. You do too."

She nodded and thought of the fun she could have with this woman shoping.Oh Should she spend money on more clothes.Well maybe shoes. Her powers cause great losses in her shoes.

"Well, to be hones..I would love to go shopping with you. I just know you know the best places around here..I need a few things. I ruin way to many shoes these days."

Shopping builds bridges between strange women. Within fifteen minutes of entering Neiman Marcus, the two women were busily shopping and giggling over each other's choices. But things changed a bit when Kara pulled a green dress of the rack and said, "Sugar, you should try this one. It's your size, and I think you'll look great in it."

Catalyst lost some of her humor, and Kara picked up on it. Folding the dress over her arm, she said firmly, "Come on, sweetie, you can try this on and see if I'm right, and I'll try on this black shirt, and you can tell me what is clearly on your mind."

"Do you think green will look good on me?"

She did like the cut, and did trust that it was instyle.Just green was never her color. Trust. She ahd to trust people. Trusting Caramel would do her no harm, after all.

"Do you think it is coveres me enough? I mean I see a lot of skin."

"I think it has enough blue in it, yes," Kara said, eyeing it critically. "And... put it on. We'll see if it looks good on you, and if the hemlines are something that you're comfortable with." She gave Catalyst a quick push toward the dressing room. "Go on, sugar."

Kara went into her own dressing room and quickly wiggled into the black dress. Of course, it had been made for another body type, and Kara sighed as she realized it was too tight across the hips and ass. Damn fashion designers and their clothing made for the white ideal, she growled to herself. I bet they don't believe white woman have big trunks, too. "Let's see if they have the next size up," she muttered and pulled her clothes back on.

"Cat?" she called, stepping out of the dressing room. "You ready for me to see it?"

Archived