Aberrant: 2011 - New Ground [Mature] [Complete]

z-Aura

Kylie ran her hands nervously over her suit, her fingers lingering on her hips. Will liked this spot, where her soft skin swelled out into her slim hips, and Kylie found herself rubbing herself there often. Movement behind her made her drop her hands and spin around, biting her lip.

"Aura, I've been calling you," Murray said impatiently. "Come on, the cameras are waiting for you. And Firefox is waiting."

"Oh! Sorry, I'm not used to the name," Kylie said, her pale skin flushing. The blush didn't help her appearance at all, and Kylie fought a surge of panic at the thought of being on camera.

"Well come on then," Murray said, gesturing with a clip board.

*You'll do great, babe,* Will whispered in her mind, his warm voice reassuring.

Kylie smiled, her tension easing. Will's love and acceptance warmed her heart, and she felt stronger as she stepped forward. Her head came up, her shoulders straightened and she moved with more confidence. Will was right; she would do great.

Firefox was waiting, but she still had a smile for the new nova. The press was also waiting and seemed less kind, but Kylie was still riding on her confidence. Even being before the black lenses could only slow her down a moment; with a shaking voice that grew steadier, she carefully read her prepared speech. It was short and simple, just a quick description of her eruption and a statement about her future plans.

There were questions allowed, which Firefox fielded. Yes, Aura is going to remain with Project Utopia. Yes, she was going to the orientation college in Addis Ababa for training. Yes, Project Utopia was very eager to add this shining new eruptee to their ranks. Yes, they were very happy that one of their baseline scientists had erupted.

Finally, it was over and Kylie breathed a sigh of relief. "You ready to go?" Firefox asked, smiling at the mousy nova.

Kylie nodded. "I leave in the morning," she said. "Speaking of which, I need to finish packing."

"Good luck then, and I hope we see you back here after your training," Firefox said, reaching out and giving her a hug. Kylie felt a flare of jealousy as the beautiful Firefox's hands closed over her eufiber clothing. Then she reminded herself that Firefox was happily married, and that Will loved her completely. When Firefox pulled back to smile at her, Kylie was all smiles as well.

"I plan to," Kylie confessed. "I love Mexico City; it's become my home."

"Good," Firefox said. Saying one last good-bye, the woman left Kylie alone.

Turning, Kylie raced for her room. She really was packed, she just wanted some time with Will before she left. But she couldn't tell FireFox that; she really said too much to the people in chat last night, too. What if one of them wanted to meet Will now? She'd figure out something if it became an issue. It hadn't been smart, but she had needed to tell someone how happy she was.

*I understand, love. And whatever you decide is good. We'll just be careful.*

Kylie nodded as she shut her door and flipped over the lock. Almost immediately her eufiber suit shifted, taking on a natural appearance. A tendril arched away from her body, thickening slowly into a head. Kylie smiled as Will's face formed out of the grey ooze. "Hi, baby," she whispered, leaning her head forward to kiss him.

*Hi, love.* His cool lips teased at hers as his tongue played over her mouth with tender care. *Ready for me to take some of the tension out of your day?*

*Oh, dear god, yes,* Kylie moaned silently. His head shifted, working down her body. He exposed her slowly, tweaking her skin as his lips kissed and teased her. Her arms slipped up to curl around him, clasping him to her body.

She moved to the bed, lowering herself on the cover. As her legs parted, he slipped between them, touching her sensitive flesh with fingers that knew just what she wanted. She shivered, then moaned as her lover pressed into her body. "Say it, Will," she gasped, running her hands over his eufiber skin and her flesh the same. "I want to hear you say it."

*I love you, Kylie,* her eufiber lover whispered in her mind, and Kylie moaned with pleasure at those four words.

"I love you, too, Will," Kylie whispered. She really was the luckiest woman on earth. She had the perfect boyfriend: kind, considerate and great in bed. And he loved her.

She was the luckiest girl on earth, radioactive or otherwise.

Kylie stepped off the plane, her steps slowing as she stared at the verdant land around the airport. Just a decade ago, this had been a dry and arid desert; now, it was a paradise, thanks to her employer.

There had never been any doubt in Kylie mind regarding her plans after college; ever since Project Utopia's inception, she had wanted to work for them. And not only had she been working in their labs for several months, but here she was at their headquarters, ready to train for her new status. And maybe, just maybe, she would be able to join Team Tomorrow.

"It's incredible, Will, isn't it?" she whispered, turning and seeing the mountains that framed the northern part of the city.

*Yes, almost as beautiful as you,* he whispered, drawing a blush to her cheek bones.

"Ms. Durham?"

Kylie turned to see a man walking toward her. He was, by accent and appearance both, Ethiopian and a lot taller than her. Almost shaking with excitement, Kylie stuck out her hand. "Yes?"

"I am Alem Muluneh," he replied, shaking her hand. "I've come to orient you.

"Telling me which way is north and stuff?" Kylie laughed, shading her eyes from the sun. Her glasses polarized in the sunlight, but the sun was still terribly bright.

He pulled a ballcap from behind his back and handed it to her. It was blue and gold, in Utopia's colors. Kylie grinned and pulled it over her head, smashing her side braids into her skull. "Thanks," she said, wiggling it into a comfortable position.

"You're welcome," he said, his teeth flashing white on his dark face. "Your dormatory is this way."

Following his pointed hand, Kylie and Will stepped forward into their new life.

Archived