Aberrant: 2011 - Blackout [Violence]

Robert J. Lambert

Robert cleaned the moisture sticking to the mirror. Cleaning it with one hand, he could see his face again. He had a 5' clock shade of stubble, and just enough of his wavy hair dropped by his temples to frame his face. He might not be super-star hot, but he was handsome enough to get the girls.

He stepped back from sink, looking at himself in the mirror. His eruption did make a difference, his body was now shaped like a bodybuilder, but it had a lithe complexion, he could really flaunt it on the gym now days, before he was just thin like a stick.

He started lathering up, and took his straight razor, shaving had been a headache until he turned into a Nova, after that he had his wrist trained down to the most minute of movements.

He flexed his muscles for himself one last time and went on to getting clothed.

Pair of dress slacks, a button up navy blue shirt, a sports cut jacket, and some dressing shoes matching his belt. He was ready, going out on a date with Melissa D'avrey, The girl to date on campus, it was specially sweet because she had invited him first. They went yesterday to dinner and a jazz club, and today she had asked to meet him up for dinner again, she was into him, he could feel it.

-----------------------

Will continue.

The music in the club was great, it was exhilerating. They had found a small hole in the wall club where it was an open mic, and a bar. It didn't had the real feeling of a Jazz club, or a Blues club for the matter, but they were having fun and the guy up there was not half bad on his work.

"How you liking the club? Want to go somewhere else?" Robert ate peanuts as he awaited, Melissa was sure taking her time answering him. What was she looking at?

Following her line of sight, Robert could barely make out the smile of a man on the other side of the bar, looking over at Melissa wth a filrty smile, and Melissa answering back.

Great, here I am trying to inpress her, and she flirts with another guy? Who the fuck does she think she is?

Robert got up from his chair, grabbing Melissa by the shoulder "We are leaving. Grab your bag" he said it perfectly even, trying to get her to come with him.

Melissa followed him as far as his car, and then came the line.

"You know Robert... I don't think we should keep doing this" she had an almost practiced air to the words.

Robert sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose behind the wheel of his Dodge Pick-up Truck. "Why is that Melissa?" He sighed, knowing what was about to come.

She talked with a perfect balance to her voice, in a perfect matter of fact tone "Well you see, when I first knew you were a Nova, I tought you had really cool super powers and everything, like you could fly or shoot lasers. But it turns out all you did was get buff, if I wanted a buff man I would go to a muscle beach or a gym. Thing is, I tought it would be an adventure going out with you, but you are just like every other man I know. I don't need this, and I don't need you. If I want a man, I will just whistle out of my dorm room. Ok? No hard feelings sugar"

Robert's knuckles when white when he heard this, before he could answer Melissa was out of his truck, and he could hear the click-clacking of her stilettos on the pavement. The truck roared as Robert sped off from the place, not wanting anything to do with that place for now.

----------------------------

to be continued.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hunt had begun.

The Prey was leaving the building, followed closely by another male. The Prey scent was locked into the Hunter's mind, he could follow the prey for hours without losing track of her at all.

He was hunched down, sniffing the air, keeping his ears perked up. Flexing his claws slightly as he hid behind bushes. Soon she would be his, and the Prey would know the true terror of facing the Hunter.

"Like, I told that guy off. He was such a loser!" the prey exclaimed, the Hunter ignored it, she would fall to his claws soon.

The Prey and her companion got into a car, and sped off into the night. The hunter didn't need to follow as fast, even if he could, he had their scents locked.

-------------------------

"Damned key" Melissa exclaimed as she rummaged through her keys. This was proven to not be her night. After she sent Robert home, she started flirting with a guy across the bar, but it lead to nowhere except a ride home with him arguing that she should pay in sex fro the raid, and she saying she didn't feel like it tonight. She was tipsy from the alcohol to top it off, angry and dizzy, getting her keys out of her car proved to be a challenge right now.

Snap

The silence of the night was broken by a single sound, nothing else sounded and it dawned on Melissa that at this hour there should be Some sounds, not this deathly silence that had draped itself all over the neighborhood. She hastily started again to look for her keys.

"You have been a bad woman Melissa and a pathetic prey." and otherworldly voice called out to Melissa, it seemed to come from nowhere.

Melissa almost jumped out of her skin, but she had found her key and the door lock had been hastily opened. The door swung inwards, but she never got to set foot on the house. She cool feel a warm sensation, as her sweater and jeans started to soak in blood, the warmth soon turned into cold, and then into shocked numbness.

"a Horrible woman, a horrible prey. Not even worth my time"

Melissa fell forward, landing on her belly. A sharp pain going through her as she landed, she could feel more warmth pooling under her. She tried to move, but her legs were beyond her control, and her arms seemed paralyzed from fear. She tried screaming but her voice seemed to simply not come out, as hard as she tried, she was completely useless right now.

The Hunter was far from done, putting his clawed hand besides Melissa’s face, the gray-blue fur covering it matted in red blood, with three inch long claws coming out from it, still dripping with the vital fluid.

He could hear her heart beat, it was quickening, her breath intake was slowing down though, she was going to die soon. Wasting no time, he raked the claws as near to her face as he could, savoring her fear.

Oh no little one, this night is far from over for you...

--------------------------

Detective Hank Morrison arrived at the scene, the ambulance was already taking what was left of the victim in two bags. Dropping his cigarette, he entered the house, with two cops waiting for him.

"What's the case boys? We got another gang of mental cases trying to make a name for themselves?" Dtve. Morrison slid his hands into his long winter coat, trying to keep warm.

"No Sir, from foot prints, and the extent of the damage, it was a single person. But whoever it was, was vicious sir. She was spread up around over two rooms we still haven’t found all of her, and hear this, her parent's didn't hear a peep. Their daughter was getting slaughtered like a cow and they slept through the whole thing!" the police officer said incredulously

Dtve. Morrison looked at the cop with eyes jaded from too many years on the homicides department "I have seen weirder things officer, now leave we have to bring the Crime scene investigators." The Detective looked around one last time, and takes out a silver Zippo, taking one of his cigarettes and lighting it up, covering the dancing flame with his hand, he gets it near the cigarette, and when he is about to light it up, something drips on his lighter, extinguishing the flame. Blood, that's what it was.

"Officer, tell the Ambulance to bring another bag, I found the missing pieces" Dtve. Morrison looked up, above the door and onto the rafters of the small ceiling covering the house entrance. There, the lifeless eyes of the girl returned his look as her neck still dripped fresh blood.

Archived