Aberrant: 2011 - Toril "Tesla" Hazelton

Tesla

Nicknames: Tori

Legal Status: United States Citizen, no criminal record

Nova Name: Tesla

Place of Birth: Saint Louis, Missouri

Martial Status: Married for six years to O'Neal Hazelton

Known Relatives: Parents, one brother, one sister, two aunts, three nephews, father-in-law, brother-in-law

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Weight: 127 lbs

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown

Known Quantum Powers: Control of Electromagnetism.

History: Toril didn't intend to become a teacher until her college advisor directed her towards education, seeing that the young woman both enjoyed the role of mentor and had a comfortable way of relating to people. Originally, she desired to be an electrical engineer, but took her advisor's counseling to heart and changed her field to education instead. Once there, she realized she hadn't made a mistake. She married right out of college, and after several years finally landed the position of teaching the Gifted & Talented class.

Eruption: (from Associated Press) November 20th, 2008 - The Gifted & Talented class of Vashon High School, in St. Louis, Missouri, was treated to rare scientific phenomena in class today. Class instructor, twenty-eight year old Toril Hazelton, erupted as a nova after a dangerous prank threatened one of her students. According to a statement released by the school, the G&T class had opted to construct a working Tesla Coil as their project for this term as a surprise for Mrs. Hazelton, who majored in electrical engineering before switching to education. For reasons unknown, assumedly a prank, an as-of-yet unknown student injected a sizeable quantity of hydrochloric acid into one of the school lab's electrical sockets, causing a shower of sparks and fire to erupt from the socket. Eyewitnesses state that one student was caught in the discharge, and Hazelton threw herself between the damaged socket and her student. She suffered second-degree burns, but electricity from the classes Tesla Coil then leapt across the room and surrounded Hazelton for approximately three more minutes. Hazelton is described as having stood up, watching the electricity surround her in a semi-conscious state, then warning her students to stay away from her, and finally collapsing. "I've never seen anything like it," Jenni Sybert, the student caught in the path of the damaged socket said. "I mean, sure, I've seen all kinds of footage on the 'Net. But this was amazing. It was the brightest thing I've ever seen." Sybert suffered first-degree burns on her forearms. Hazelton was taken to the Chicago Rashoud Facility after school officials alerted Project Utopia to Hazelton's eruption. An investigation into the alleged prank is currently underway.

Archived