Aberrant: Phoenix Rising - Table Talk: Phoenix Rising

jameson (ST)

Gregory is going to start crying. I hope we didn't just kill Raider's brother, or Billy's dad. That bastard Squidward set this whole thing up, and we fell for it.

My only consolation is that I hope Robert was supposed to die in this encounter. If not, what a screw up on our/Gregory's part.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the book says anything about this. Basically you are totally on the hook.

Supporting info:

1) Backgrounds can probably be purchased mid session.

2) We've all known his 8 exp were dedicated towards Healing for a while.

3) He's willing to take taint and he does have the RP modivation.

4) One could also argue that we should be encouraged to buy things tainted.

Countering info:

1) Plot might call for Rob to die.

2) It is mid session

3) It sets a poor president. In theory I could walk around with 40 exp and get what I need on demand as long as it's in theme. Say... any M-Str enhancement. On the other hand, if I have to buy it tainted maybe that's a pretty strong reason not to.

I learned 2 things from my players in college:

1) Never underestimate the capacity of your players to totally F-up your plans

2) Never rely on a plot device to actually work as intended, invariably the players will foul something up (see point #1)

If Robert was meant to die he'd be dead already ...

Basically it's less about the "yes or no" and more about the "how do I do with without boning myself later". As Courier pointed out:

Quote:
It sets a poor president. In theory I could walk around with 40 exp and get what I need on demand as long as it's in theme. Say... any M-Str enhancement. On the other hand, if I have to buy it tainted maybe that's a pretty strong reason not to.

Howeveer I agree Raider has made it abundantly clear that he was training toward Healing.

either way I need to think about it because as Courier put it I am "totally on the hook"

I'll get back to you tonight either way ...

Well I decided to allow it.

I'll update the rules thread at some point but basically it'll work like this. If you have been actively gathering EXP for a specific Quantum Power or Enhancement (this won't work for Quantum or Mega-Stats) you can buy it tainted in the middle of the game, gaining 1 point of taint as normal.

If you have not been actively working towards the power in question you can buy it at half cost for 2 points of permanent taint.

Skills regular stats, mega stats, and special stats (Quantum and Willpower) cannot be raised in this way.

Yeah, honestly I had forgotten that I'd taken some taint at creation until I was looking at buying the healing tainted. I've got too many games in my head! lol.

I'm gonna have to look back at my notes, but I'm pretty sure one of them was hair being a weird color, and I think his eyes were metallic or black.

You should have a pool of 28 (Q4 x2 +20)

You spent 2 to activate DD eariler (26) then a total of 8 on healing bringing you to 18. You did acquire a point of permant and another of temp taint which is sure to make you feel out of whack though.

So power wise you should be ok even if I forgot about a couple uses of enhancements those are only a point each generally

As for whether you CAN heal or not so soon ... well you'll just have to try and see laugh

Hey guys, sorry for my lack of posts this week. Monday I made an offer on a house and it was accepted so I've been busy with that. Things should settle down soon though (at least until I close and need to move).

Also I'll be out this weekend but I will try to check back tonight or tomorro and then again Sunday evening and update if needed.

So what do we do? Who goes, who stays?

I'm tempted to just take everyone, but I don't trust Billy to be by himself and Raider's brother needs a guard. Ideally Raider would stay... but he's the most likely to be useful with the Healing power, and he was summoned.

We could leave both Adam and Courier. If there is a problem then his gate power could have us there, or let us run. It's unlikely that we want his Adam Bomb power used inside the city.

On a different subject, if Raider's brother is a baseline, then there is a nove left unaccounted for. Maybe even killed in the explossion.

Archived