Input welcome.

Wakinyan

Hello all!

I am gearing up to write up a new story about Totem. One that will have him begin facing some truths about the path he walks as a Nova. During the story I am going to have him begin evolving a slightly more Native American shaman with a new power coming to him. So before I dive into writing the story I would like some input. What would you like to see or think he might develop once he walks down that road?

Some possiblities. Keep in mind all of these will have a decidedly shamanistic angle and effect to them. (I am only going with one now so please just suggest what you think I should start with)

Animal/Plant Mastery

ESP

Healing

Holo

Shroud

Quantum Construct

Weather Manipulation

Anything else you think would fit the idea I am going for feel free to add to the pool!

I understand it is my character and I should and will decide on my own. However, I always welcome interactive, constructive input from others.

Yeah Totem has Pretercognition already as uncontrollable. Right now it is expressed through dreams and visions. IC Totem has yet to realize that it is actually a power he has. However Neil Preston has seen the power but has yet to either realize what it was or didnt bother mentioning it to Totem.

Eventually I would like to see Totem have a little of all of these powers to express being a true medicine man. For now healing is a good option.

Hrm, giving advice on someone else' character is always tough. I'll throw in my two cents though.

Power wise (given current abilities), I think that Animal Mastery is most appropriate to start. You would begin to learn more about your feral side and get in touch with nature. This is probably not the path you want to take Totem right now.

Image wise (as a gryphon, a beast of power and magic), I think that Weather Manipulation is a good bet. Every one of the suite powers is appropriate to both a gryphon and a shaman. This is probably your best bet for making a more effective character.

However, since you want to flesh out your shamanistic aspect, then you will probably want to focus on pretercognition (especially visions of the past/your ancestors) first. Get it under control (through meditation and ritual perhaps?), learn to work with it and use it to your tribe's advantage. After that, I agree with V, and I also think that Mirage (rather than holo) would be good.

Hope that helps.

Archived