Greetings II

Meridian

Welcome to the fold Meridian.

Nova.net is waiting for people to help me run it. I have high goals for it, but to be honest I don't know if it will ever happen. It has been almost a year since I first posting anything about the moderated forum, and I have yet to get any real response from people interesting in working on the section. It's hard to have a moderated section without people to moderate it.

NOVA.NET HO!!!!

I can't run a game but if someone wants to mod it I'll play.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5" color="#BC47ED">W</font><font face="Times New Roman" size="2"><font color="#D673FF">idget,</font><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="1">

Sawed off shut gun I choose YOU!

Absolutely, of course, well, umm, mostly. There are a few ways to handle it, and I always assumed I would hammer out the actual details depending on the personality of the people that were interested in maintaining it. I never invisioned the section to be a completely rigid invironment where the storyteller(s) have to guide the players through everything. I just wanted to have the people in place to oversee the conversation and to give topics to help keep the players motivated with new happenings in that world. I would like to see some greater involvement from time to time by different storytellers, with different people playing NPCS and introducing new plot arcs, but that didn't have to be the norm. It could just be more of a N News service type of thing where new topics are introduced.

Because someone helps run the thing, doesn't mean that they can't get a chance to play a few of their own characters. The only drawback to this is that it takes multiple people to keep it going, and I don't know if people would want to dedicate the time to run and play also. The more people involved would lessen the burden on the group, as well as make sure that things wouldn't be completely disrupted with someone wanted to move on.

If you have read any of the posts where people from the OpNet board have had some complaints about the structure of that medium, then you can get an idea of the things that I want to fix with this one.

Does that help answer your question?

Quote:
Originally posted by David 'Dr. Troll' Smith:As soon as someone pops up to run it, an on line game is formed somewhere else. See "To Be Gods".
Looked at "To Be Gods" last week quite a bit. It looked interesting, but I wasn't excited about some of the cannon changes for that game. One of the things that drew me to nova.net was that it looked like it was going to follow published cannon a bit more closely.

I haven't played Aberrant in a LONG time and part of the excitement for me getting back into it is the setting. It would probably be different if I had been playing for a while & was looking for something a bit different.

Chosen, go on then !!

Since I volunteered a few thoughts on my perceived flaws in the opnet board, it's only fair to volunteer five or six hours a week to this noble idea of a moderated board smile

Can't say exactly when each week, because I never know when I'm gonna be working and how many hours from week to week but I offer my services on this ad-hoc basis.

Alas also my Aberrant collection only consists of the main rules, Project Utopia and Year One. (Damn books were always difficult to find in my corner of UK) but I've got Trinity and its scenarios and there are plenty of websites with the timeline written up.

With those things in mind I don't know exactly how useful I'd be as/to a moderator, but I've been roleplaying since the 80's so I must have learnt something useful in all that time.

So did you have any ideas about 'rules'?

What would people actually want to see in a moderated game/board?

That you can bring any character in, or only beginining novas with 30/15/60 points?

Would people want to bring across their favourite characters from the opnet board or start fresh?

How should the inevitable fights that would break out between PCs and NPCs and PCs and PCs be resolved? And what happens when one PC reads another ones mind?

How much power should the moderators have over your characters life and death?

I feel a poll coming on smile can anyone think of any more questions to ask?

Now if we can get a few more people interested in volunteering some moderating time this idea just might get off the ground. Provided the potential moderators agree with what the public want that is :rolleyes:

Chosen I have a fair bit of experience storytelling, but not for Aberrant. Plus I've been away from the system for a while. I would be happy to help moderate or maybe even work on documentation, but it would probably be a while before I would want to take on ST duties. Go ahead & count me in.

I have about 60% to 75% of a character done, but I think that I would rather save him for the moderated forum, so I don't expect that I will be posting in the opnet area quite yet.

Archived