Got space Opnet thread

Walker

In order to save a lot of private messages going back and forth, I've set this up so people going on the lunar excursion can say what their charcters are doing. A few people seem keen on the idea of doing some fiction for this for it will help those who want/need to know to get the full idea of what's going on.

On the trip we've got Walker, Anomie, Deeth, Vixen, Neil Preston.

Here's Walker plans for what he's doing on the visit.

Walkers gonna collect everyone who can't get to the amproom under their own steam and takes them individually to the amproom, have a few drinks, do some planning and that. Next morning Anomie and Walker warp everyone to the moon. Walkers body changes due to his adadpatbility, make his skin slivery, close up his mouth and give him nictating membranes. Walker spends a lot of time talking with Anomie about space and doing scientific tests and drilling core samples. He conducts some experiments with Deeth to see how he adapts to vaccum and generally stays close to Neil and Vixen in case there's an emergency, these two being the most 'fragile'. We're going to be staying for a couple of days at most and then going back to earth. I've sent everyone on the trip PM's so you guys already know in detail what walkers interested in etc.

Also, I was assuming that in boardtime we've already been and come back even though any potential fiction has yet to be written. So if everyone going on the trip lets everyone else know what they did, then the fiction writers can build it from there. Any actual participation on the proposed fiction thread is totally voluntary of course.

I'm gonna be busy over the next few days with other fiction stuff and work, so if someone wants to jump in and start the fiction, feel free. One strong recommendation for the sake of sanity/interest, we better try and keep it down to as few posts as possible. It seems to me that collaborative fiction has a tendency to thin out a bit and go round in circles when you try and do loads of posts. Just my POV there.

Deeth is going for the view wink

His body will not change much from his earth appearance, but it will become more solid to counteract the 0g environment (adaptability also)

He is going to be testing new forms and dexterity based tasks to improve his tendril/eye coordination <chuckle>

Being living eufiber, he is able to become an emergency space suit for anyone that needs one. They will just need an oxy supply.

Depending on time avaliable, Deeth may attempt to make a giant snow angel to see if he can see it from earth with a telescope.... one of those "Hi, I was here" type things.

Other than that, he is more than willing to help with any tasks that the others may do, as long as he doesn't get too bored with it.

As for the fiction pieces, I would be interested in playing it out on a post to post basis... who knows....maybe a badguy might show up and decide to interrupt us wink

(Nudges Deeth)

See how difficult it is to get things going, either that or everyone's really, really botched their awareness roll to notice this thread wink

I'm afraid Walker would be forced to denounce Deeth as a world heritage vandal if he tried that snow angel thing. He'd have no alternative other than to deliver him in a vitrium jar to Bahrain smile

Playing things out post by post has it's own appeals and that, but I think about three or four posts each max works best for some bizarre unkown reason.

Well, Deeth isn't sure of locations and such, since his head is pretty empty of random facts.

<chuckle> I was just waiting for someone to open the thread to the club so he could ooze in wink

I personally am not too familiar with the cannon of aberrant so have been playing it by ear. I don't even know where the amproom is located geographically.

Still working on a reliable form of transportation for Deeth since he generally doesn't care where he is at.

Maybe we should wait for Endeavor and them. Might be more entertaining to have a larger crowd on the moon.

As to the jar... <chuckle> got to catch me first wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Deeth:
Well, Deeth isn't sure of locations and such, since his head is pretty empty of random facts.

<chuckle> I was just waiting for someone to open the thread to the club so he could ooze in wink

I personally am not too familiar with the cannon of aberrant so have been playing it by ear. I don't even know where the amproom is located geographically.

Still working on a reliable form of transportation for Deeth since he generally doesn't care where he is at.

Maybe we should wait for Endeavor and them. Might be more entertaining to have a larger crowd on the moon.

As to the jar... <chuckle> got to catch me first wink
I can just imagine you saying... TRY AND CATCH ME, BIIIAAATTCCHHH!

Sorry, I like Clone High. As for me making an appearance... Maybe on a second trip.

Archived