[Fiction] Viva Las Vegas! [Warning: Adult Content]

Wakinyan

It was bizarre, this woman was comforting her like this (and was so close to her, when was the last time she'd been this close to another woman?), yet they didn't know anything about each other, not even their names. Well, now she knew hers (We're not strangers anymore). She leaned back, looking at her face again (Pretty, isn't she? and This is not the time to be thinking about that!).

"I'm Emily," she says, softly, "I'm sorry about... all this."

(When you don't know what to say, apologize! Millie, your social skills just keep getting better)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Nothing to be sorry about Emily," Rhayne says, looking down at her young companion. Emily sees her too perfect features, her silky hair cascading over her shoulders and her lucious features barely concealed by her choice of clothing.

Still, her smile is warm and friendly, not seductive, and her eyes are deep pools of compassion. Rhayne takes some of her black hair and proceeds to wipe away Emily's tears. Her close proximity is confusing to Emily, their bodies pressed close to one another and Rhayne's body is soooo warm.

"What do you want, Emily," Stormwarden says, her breath mingling mint with chocolate. "I can take you out of here, if you want, or we can go talk to some of my friends outside. You shouldn't feel lonely ... tonight."

She's so close, so warm that Emily's mind almost plays tricks on her, wants to believe this situation is something else. She blushes, and, as if in case it wasn't noticeable enough, most of the living lights around her turn pink as well, and tiny red stars surface on her cheeks, like glowing freckles; bizarre, but pretty, in its own way. She uses her little regained willpower (and it won't last long) to edge away from Rhayne.

"What do you want, Emily," the older woman asks.

She's not going to tell her that she wants her to go away.

Or that she wants her to come closer.

Or that it's been two horrible years since she last lay with a woman, and she's too close, too tempting.

She's hardly brave enough for that, so she'll try to escape with apologetic excuse, not meeting Rhayne in the eye.

"I... wouldn't want to intrude upon you... or..."

Of course, her very powers are an expression of her desire to express her true feelings, and the luminous blush defies the girl's words, and, somewhere in her mind, she realizes it.

(You can't lie, Millie, it's a dead end and you're caught)

"You are very beautiful, Emily," Stormwarden says, letting the lights dazzle her. She listens to Emily's words, but also seems to hear past them.

A slight frown comes to her face, a presonal sadness slipping through. Once again, she caresses Emily's cheek.

"Be honest with yourself, Emily. I don't know how anyone can be happy if they aren't. I will be outside if you want me."

She leans forward and kisses Emily lightly on the lips then turns and leaves with long, languid strides.

(...she kissed me...)

(It wasn't that much)

(...how long has it been since...)

(Stop thinking about-)

(...that time...)

(That's in the past)

(...she's so pretty...)

(Let it be, don't get into another mess)

(...just like her...)

(Millie, compose yourself!)

She got up off the ground and walked towards a sink, but she caught herself in a mirror. Blonde hair? Why did she have this appearance? It was just like she'd been...

(...two years ago...)

...before all the bad things happened, and she changed her hair, changed her body, changed her style, in vain attempts to change herself. She relaxed, concentrated on how she had come to the party, red and pink hair, long, braided, and... It wasn't working, her power simply wasn't responding. And she hadn't run out, because her dress still flowed nicely. It seemed it simply so happened that the glowing lights that governed her body had other ideas.

She's avoiding the main issue, of course, which is what is she going to do once she goes out of here. What is she going to do about the beautiful (Much too beautiful, damnit) nova that introduced herself as Rhayne? And what's more, what was this Rhayne going to do? Powers and glowing lights or not, she was just as bad at figuring out other people as she'd always been. She sighed and looked at the door. Scared to go out, but with nowhere else to go. Story of her life.

Rhayne walks out of the bathroom and looks around. She spies her companion and makes toward him, smiling to Sean when he catches her eye and nods to Cade at the table with all the other novas.

Warren sees her coming up and does his best to beat her off with a brooding glare ... but she ignores it, or misses it ... he's never sure. Instead, she puts her hands lightly on his back and rest her head on his shoulder.

"Are you doing okay Revenant?" she asks.

The piecring yellow set on a blackground shift thier way to Stormwarden. He gazes into her eyes, those sweet, beautiful, eyes that reveal the majestic canyon that lay between her ears.

He can almost hear the echo.

For a moment, he looks as if he is about to speak, but merely nods his head "yes" and tips beer back.

Finally, he speaks. His voice is corse and resounding, like several people speaking at once. There is a look of confusinon, mixed with irritation and anger.

"What the hell was that? Why did you do that? Don't touch me." He shifts his body face her, leaning his body against the bar. "We're not buddies, we ain't partners, and we sure as hell ain't friends. I appreciate the ride, really. But please, until it's time to leave, don't mistake me for one of them."

He motions to the room, and all te gathered occupants.

"They are why you are here, not me."

With that last phrase, he turns back to the bar and masterfully tips the beer once again to his lips.

Wakinyan watches Stormwarden wander into the bathroom and out again later with a sigh he moves to the bar and points to a random bottle which is promptly given to him. She kissed the guy and his reaction is simply not one you would give to such a beautiful woman.

He examines the blueish skin man beside him and makes an conscious effort not to crinkle his nasal passages. "Hey aren't you that guy that pissed off Carver, brother blue and nerd boy?" Wakinyan grins and uses his beak to pull the top wine cork off. "You don't look like you're are having much fun... Revenant right?"

Without looking at Wakinyan, Reenant speaks. I bit pissed that somehow he caught attention.

"Jeal Carver?" he tips his beer back. "Cute lil thing, fine ass, freaky hair, silver eyes, tits that look like they should be blessed with beer flavored nipples?"

He looks at Wakinyan.

"Never heard of her."

Stormwarden only smiles warmly at him and nods.

"That's okay, Revenant. I believe in you," she adds with a whisper.

She turns and heads for the stage, plugs in her selection and waits for her cue. Rhayne looks over the crowd shyly not making any eye contact until the song begins.

Have you ever been close to tragedy

Or been close to folks who have

Have you ever felt a pain so powerful

So heavy you collapse

I've never had to knock on wood

But i know someone who has

Which makes me wonder if i could

It makes me wonder if

And i'm glad i haven't yet

Because i'm sure it isn't good

That's the impression that i get

Have you ever had the odds stacked up so high

You need a strength most don't possess

Or has it ever come down to do or die

You've got to rise above the rest

By now, Rhayne is bouncing on the stage, belting out the song with obvious joy and passion.

It makes me wonder if

I'm not a coward,

I've just never been tested

I'd like to think that if i was,

I would pass

Look at the tested and think there but for the grace go

I might be a cowards,

I'm afraid of what i might find out

It makes me wonder if

Rhayne bows her head, but it is Kayla who stands back up.

"Oh hell ya!" she screams out and then jumps off the stage, striding across the floor like she owns the place and damn any who get in her way.

"Damn she always runs into the most interesting of men." Wakinyan comments dryly as he drains the bottle and then gets another. "Or maybe she has that effect on guys who are not total dweebs. Who knows."

Wakinyan watches the man a moment more then grins.

"So you did steal that shit huh? Interesting, well as long as you didn't hurt her all is good. Did it pay well enough?"

"Normally for asking me that I'd rip out your eyes and skull fuck you here on the bar."

He gives Wakinyans form a once over.

"But I'm in a rather good mood tonight. So, yes. Yes I "aquirred" an item from Mrs. Carver. It paid well, well enough for a few children to eat well enough for a few nights."

He spins aroud in his bar stool so he is now facing the crowd and the stage, the first time since the evening began.

"Frankly, it's all her fault."

"Don't worry my eyes grow back.. They always do." He considers what else is said. "Hmmm so what are you up to? Playing Quantum powered Robin Hood with pistols instead of a bow an arrow?"

"But I am curious. What is her fault? If I may ask before you tear out some organ of mine and fuck me in the remaining cavity." His nature is not hostile and for such a large Nova who is actually smaller than he usually is he seems to be a very mellow drunk. That fact that he is indeed drunk it interesting by itself.

Emily had managed to calm herself, somehow, and was standing to one side of everything (she wasn't up to socializing, at least not yet, and certainly not with Long being the only one she knew out of the whole gathering). She watched, and heard, Rhayne sing, and it made her smile for reasons she didn't want to explore too deeply. It might turn out that this whole thing had been good for her. Admitted, she was probably doomed to dwell on the memory for at least a week now, but the feeling of emptiness she had felt two years ago, and ever since, when she had let herself remember, wasn't gone, but it was less. Confessing yourself to an unknown audience through a microfone is liberating, even if they never know you're doing it.

She pondered going to talk to Stormwarden as she got off stage, but decided against it, for now. She wanted to retain her calm until she felt more secure, and she knew that she wasn't going to be able to manage that if she got too close to that woman.

Revenant apprears to almost half laugh.

"Simple. If you don't want something stolen, don't leave in a place where someone can steal it. Let alone right out from under you." He sips his beer listening to Stormwarden slaughter a cat on stage.

"People like her bug me. For fucks sake, most novas bug me. She has all that talent, all that skill, and what does she do? She cashes in on it, never once considering that she could use her abilities to make a lil extra cash to get a kid off the street, a mother off drugs."

He sips his beer, yet again.

"I'm no saint, and I ain't no Robin Hood. I just don't feel the need keep anythign I have when other people could put it to better use. Like Irini. If I have to steal it from trollops like Carver, to make them figure that shit out, I will."

Yay, the conquering fuckin hero." he spins his finger in the air making the traditional sign for "whoopee".

Wakinyan ponders this a moment and looks bemused. "I realize this probably won't help your attitude about it but you know late last year she started The Chicago Foundation for the very reasons you stated."

He finishes yet another bottle putting them away at an astounding rate then pulls a bottle of crown royal from it's velvet bag in order to start draining it.

"Well that isn't exactly true.. She mainly started it because of the shit I did last fall there. She felt guilty but I was the one who almost killed her and destroyed most of downtown. She can be the angel and I will be the demon.. We both have our lots in life I guess."

"Well, if that's true. You're a prick. And she is an idiot." He looks at Wakinyan. "A foundation huh? It would figure, let a bunch of suits handle the affairs, god forbid dshe dirty her hands actually handing a plate a food to someone. Imagine the difference people in this world could make if they burned half as many calories helping out someone in need, and she burns fucking in one day."

He grabs a handful of pizza rolls and pops a few, chews (sorta) and speaks again, "Don't get me wrong...whoever you are, shes a great gal with a big heart, great kisser too. It's just that people like her really grind my gears. Then again, I'm no better. Just a bum. A bum who steals from people like her. Let he who has no sin among you, cast the first stone... as the saying goes."

He raises his beer in a "toast" to the air, as if saluting his last comment, then downs the contents.

Stormwarden sights her quarry and is making a bee-line for him when she spies Emily come out, looking all sheepish, shy, and vulnerable. Kayla just can't help herself and a devilish grin comes across her face. She snap-changes direction and walks right up to Emily, licking her lips. She almost bowls over the smaller nova, instead taking her hair in her hand, savagely pulling her hair back and going into a deep, throaty kiss ... tongue and all. It is quite immediately obvious that she is enjoying herself. She hooks Emily's thigh, pulling it up against her and grinding against her frightened quarry. She lets her hand run up Emily's thigh, cupping her ass as she finishes the kiss.

"My sister was to afraid to do that for you ... but your tasty."

Kayla stands Emily back up and eyes her like a delicious morsel.

"Look me up later ... when I'm all quiet and reserved again ... maybe you and Rhayne can have some fun. I'm not really into girls, but that might change. Right now I need something long and strong. Catchya later."

With that, Stormwarden whirls away from Emily and goes back to her original target. Approaching Sean, she gives him the I'm going to eat you alive once over, puts one hand on her hip while the other runs along the front of his pants.

"You are beautiful, stupid, and built like I want them. We've got some fucking up to catch up on."

The griffin adjusts his wings and returns the toast. "Sins are only choices." He remarks to the toast.

He puts the liquor bottle on the bar and gives Revenant a look. "Wait, you kissed her?" He ponders that a moment looking like something very bad might happen then he bursts into laughter. "Damn about as far as I got, kissed her once or twice.. Though I did get to lick her when she was naked once.. Don't count though since she was asleep." He laughs harder still and slaps the pallid man on the back.

Emily is caught completely by surprise. She notices that Rhayne is... different, after finishing the song, but she doesn't make much of it, and when she heads towards her she's still thinking of what to say to her when the other nova reaches her and...

...totally confuses her. She's thrown totally, she's so shocked she can't even work out if she's enjoying it. The beast inside her doesn't like it because it's unpredictable, and it stirs, filling her mouth with the taste of blood, which mingles with the taste of Rhayne, or whoever she is (sister? what the hell?). However, not even it has time to act, and she's off her again, going somewhere else again. And for once her mind is of one opinion.

(What the fuck was that?!)

"In her sleep? Wow. That's sad." Revenant watches Stormwarden leave the stage.

Stormwarden grabs Emily and wages an epic war upon her tonstils with her tongue.

Woah. Cool.

She then wanders to Sean and instantly Revenant knows he's going to be stuck here for longer than he'd like. He looks once more at Sean and figures What the hell I can hang out for another 12 minutes.

"God damn it," he exclaims. "There goes my ride, of to be ridden. Sonova..."

The bottle of tequila shatters against the floor as Sean's hands - and a lot of other things - go limp with shock. The one thing that should have gone limp doesn't, springing to life under Rhayne's touch. "Rhayne, this is a bad idea," Sean says, even as his hands drift forward to land on her arms.

"Not Rhayne," she growls and leaps forward, climbing him like a monkey. Warm lips press to Sean's and he responds fervently, slipping his hands under Stormwarden's ass to pull her closer. Her legs hook behind his waist and hold her tight, sending waves of pleasure throughout his body-

Her words fully sink in and Sean jerks back from the kiss with a hurt expression. "Stupid?" he asks, his voice small and unhappy. "You really think I'm stupid?"

Streamers of blue light begin to form a growing vortex upon the stage. At first it is so small no one seems to notice then suddenly it grows into a maelstrom of chaos swirling and churning and suddenly dissipating to leave a very confused looking young girl. Rose colored glasses and blue skin with bluer hair pulled into a myriad of braids that spill around her body down to her waste. She is wearing a simple white Tshirt that reads in black. 'Novas do it any way they damn please.' a pair or urban camo pants hug low on her hips ending with a pair of pink sneakers. The girl obviously has no taste what so ever but still manages to look good despite the fashion disaster.

"Oh this." She grins and the rose of her cheeks glows a bit brighter. "Test, test." She taps the microphone a few times.

The obsidian horns protruding from her skull seem out of place with her innocent looking face and she hums happily as she scrolls through the songs on the list.. "Ohh ohh! " She taps once on the screen and the music starts and reads.

Faith No More

Epic

Can you feel it, see it, hear it today?

If you can't, then it doesn't matter anyway

You will never understand it cuz it happens too fast

And it feels so good, it's like walking on glass

It's so cool, it's so hip, it's so right

It's so groovy, it's outta sight

You can touch it, smell it, taste it so sweet

But it makes no difference cuz it knocks you off your feet

You want it all but you can't have it

It's cryin', bleedin', lying on the floor

So you lay down on it and you do it some more

You've got to share it, so you dare it

Then you bare it and you tear it

It's in your face but you can't grab it

It's alive, afraid, a lie, a sin

It's magic, it's tragic, it's a loss, it's a win

It's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain

It's sad it happened and it's a shame

It's in your face but you can't grab it

What is it?

It's it

What is it?

It's it

What is it?....

As she belts it out her energy is almost to much to witness. Streamers of color dance and swirl as she head bangs letting the multitude of thin navy blue braids swirl and dance around her.

The song begins to fade and she pants sweat soaking the white shirt and revealing what could only be a green bra holding in her assets, another testament that shows she doesn't know how to color coordinate.

"Hold on hold on! I am soooo not done!" Eris refuses to turn the stage over to anyone else just yet. She quickly pulls up another song that reads.

The Doors

People are strange

People are strange, when you're a stranger

Faces look ugly when you're alone

Women seem wicked, when you're unwanted

Streets are uneven, when you're down

When you're strange- faces come out of the rain (rain, rain)

When you're strange- no one remembers your name

When you're strange, when you're strange, when you're str-ange

People are strange, when you're a stranger

Faces look ugly when you're alone

Women seem wicked, when you're unwanted

Streets are uneven, when you're down

When you're strange- faces come out of the rain (rain, rain)

When you're strange- no one remembers your name

When you're strange, when you're strange, when you're str-ange

How the girl manages to channel Jim Morrison is strange by itself but she does. Her mannerisms are just like the Lizard Kings. Each motion seems to channel the song and when she finally finishes and replaces the Mic she yells out.

"Welcome to Vegas!" With a laugh before jumping off the stage and making a bee line to the buffet line.

I have his signature, though I didn't bother with a truly detailed scan.. I can find him again if I need to. Would you like me to ask around about Clark? I'll speak with Procyon later on, after things quiet down some.

Long applauds through the following acts and remains at his table enjoying the company of his friends and family, while keeping tabs on several of the other novas in attendence.

His attention is finally truly garnered when Eris appears and does her own songs. "Well I'll be damned. She'd said she would be here, I was beginning to wonder."

She watches the children mill about, unfold their little dramas and put on their shows. Potential, but so little of it being realized. Good God but they're uptight for a bunch of fledgling deities.

The blue-skinned scumbag gave her a bit of a tingle, she wondered if he knew what he was in for while she slipped up behind him, "So, not enjoying the party?" she purrs.

Wakinyan grimaced at Revenants comment. "Sad but our whole brief and disastrous relationship has been sad." He shrugs. "Some people just don't appreciate being swept off their feet."

He sees Slattern approach to address the smelly Robin Hood. "I was wondering if we where going to cross paths tonight little goddess." He comments before starting on some fruit concoction that is placed before him. Her attention is on Revenant and it makes him intensely jealous for a moment but something in his mind soothes him and tells him he will have his attention and audience no reason to start clawing and gnashing the beak over it, he can share.

Facing the bar, and using the mirror behind it to look up at the woman now violating his personal bubble. He twists up off the cap of another beer by squinting his eyelid tight around it. His other hand is busy grabbin for a bowl of peanuts.

He looks down at the bowl, of peanuts. He never raises his head to acknowledge her presense.

"Nope." is all he says.

Revenant takes the card from the sultry venus,and as casual as possible pretends like he's not looking at her cleavage.

Flipping it over the card reads: "You fucked up."

There is a phone number below, for... Tokyo?

"Sorry Mrs. Flotation Device. I ain't got a phone." he says as he tucks the card into his jacket.

"Nice rack by the way." he grins. "I'm sure whomever gave you this will understand. Hell, I'd figure if this person knew I was gonna be here he would have known I didn't have a phone too, let alone the money for a long distance call to Tokyo. But thanks anyway."

She grins, "You might want to make some effort, Grumpy Smurf, as the person who gave you this message isn't fond of being blown off. Legend has it he knows how to hurt people...badly. But hey, this is your life. Live it on your terms."

She sidles up to Wakinyan and runs her hand down her his shoulder, brushes his nipple and down to the line of his pants, "Now that dusty business is done how about you and I get a chance to...talk?"

For an instant, she gloats in her power ... but she lets it past, knowing its fleeting.

"No," she says in a small voice, "I'm the stupid one, Sean. I've been very mean to you ... hell, I tried to kill you, but that's behind us now."

She presses against him,

"Fuck me, Sean. Tie me down, bite me, fuck me everywhere, make me feel more alive tonight than ever before ... like only you can."

She kisses him passionately.

"And call me Kayla."

Wakinyan grumbles looks at Revenant. "Then some girls just demand to be swept off their feet."

Balancing several drinks in one large hand he growls and pulls Slattern up draping her like a conquest over one muscled shoulder and taking her back to his table.

Putting the drinks down he takes a seat, sliding the beautiful terat down to his lap as he does so. Placing a ampwell in her hand he clinks it together with the one he picks up for himself.

"Now where to begin." He rumbles. His slightly dialated eyes focusing on her in a pleased and carnal way. His free hand starts at her right knee and begins a slow ascent. "It's been far to long for this." His hand raises to her chin raising it slightly so his long tongue can lash along her neck.

Kayla? That's the name of her sister... Oh, shit! he thinks. "Whoa," he says, pulling her back again, "I though Kayla was your sister... or is this the sister?"

"You're the smart one," she laughs, her lips angling toward his again. "You figure it out."

"But there's a problem with this," he murmurs, even as his fingers finally figure out that they can get under the loincloth. His knees nearly buckle as he feels the hot, smooth, round flesh under his fingers. He rocks backwards and shifts his grip on her, allowing his fingers to start edging toward the center of her body, toward her hot core. He can't seem to stop himself, which is very, very bad...

"One, this is not your body," Sean murmurs, "and two, my boss screws this body, if my friend Dorothy is to be believed."

Kayla laughs, even as she moves her body to let Sean gain better access.

"Yes, I'm sharing, but I've got permission from the original owner, Muffin. Sandy-bitch is not my problem and not yours. She knows were Rhayne is if she wants her ... but she doesn't."

Kayla gasps as Sean slips fingers into her and kisses him again. She presses herself up against him, resting her chin on Sean's shoulder,

"Oh ... oh yeah ... that's it," she pants as Sean's rhythm increases.

Noticing the various events Cade nods to Long who he knows is also aware of the goings on. "Honestly some poeple just have no control." Then he spies Slattern and Wakinyan. He bolts up from the table and stars moving towards where Saori is.

Sean stops. He's breathing heavily, his body is shaking, but he stops. "No," he whispers. Then louder, "No."

He gently untangles her and sets her on the ground. "I'm sorry," he says, his voice unhappy and confused. "This isn't... me." He glances across the room at Singularity and seems to gain more strength. "Not anymore."

The wording on his shirt shivers and fades, and Sean looks... older. Steadier. "It isn't that I don't want you," he says, his eyes strangely calm. "But I'm a father, and a Knight, not a kid. I have to stop living like I'm a kid. I have other things to do and worry about."

Then Sean sees what Wakinyan and Slattern are starting, and he realizes that he has something to do right now. He turns back to Stormwarden and says, "Good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for." Then he's hurrying through the audience, looking for the two underaged people let in the room.

As Wakinyan and Slattern start, Long sees Cade rush around the table. Long's tail uncoils from Timeslip and coils it around Saori's eyes and ears in a manner to prevent her from hearing or seeing the spectacle unfurling. His eyes meet Cade as he says "Ask her to trust in me."

Cade then telepathically reaches out to her mind saying in his most soothing voice Everything's alright Saori, your brother is truly doing you a favor at the moment. Just trust in him and remain still. While this is going on, is there anything you'd like to talk about?

Archived