Aberrant RPG - Power Mastery Rules

Loki

I believe you may have misinterpreted.

By Levels, we mean the basic Quantum Level, ie as in Claws is a Level 1 Power, Quantum Inferno is a Level 5 power, etc.

What we noticed was that Mastery 3 stated in the text that L4 and L5 powers have their costs halved, which indicated to us that Mastery 3 was allowed to be placed on such powers. One of the parts of the debate was whether this was necessary, and of course, whether this was actually what was meant by the text...

I'm sorry i worded my question wrong. Basically in the group I roleplay with, it is understood that a power must be at "rating" 5 or have 5 dots in the power in order for the mastery extra to be placed on it. I was wondering if this was indeed a printed rule or just a misconception

Quote:
Originally posted by Kirby1024:
No, As far as I'm aware, that is not stated in print. Mastery can be applied to a power with 5 dots, or a power at 1 dot.

At least, that's how I play it, anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is correct. I haven't seen anything in print that requires a certain number of Dots. You are required a certain level of Quantum to slap mastery on a power, so maybe that's where the misconception comes from.

Archived