[OpNet] Personal Religious Leanings

Regina Newcastle

I think the problem is yours, not mine. Must be those tiny, slanty, half-closed little eyes of yours. Same thing that makes you drive down the street at 20mph under the limit with your blinker on, right? I wish I had whatever myopia you got that allows you to look in the mirror and see something other than a jizz recepticle for a narcissistic conman, but to date, I've yet to get that drunk.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently expanding my religious boundaries. The faith of my mothers is not enough for me anymore. And it's not just because they despise me; it's because I feel drawn to a new path. A path not built on hate or intolerance.

And now, I have to wonder... who is going to jump me for that? Because that's what a few people have turned this thread into; a chance to jump on other people for expressing their beliefs. So come on - I'm a viable target now.

Or do I get a pass because I'm not an Indian or Asian woman?

I'm a lapsed catholic that knows just a little too much about how organized religion works for his own good. I can't get into the Baptist thing, Mormonism lost appeal when they shifted away from polygamy and wiccans lost touch with their roots a hundred years ago. I realize that leaves a lot of religions unsampled but when you really get down to it there isn't that much difference between Catholics, Muslims and Presbyterians in the mainstream. And crackpot lunacy, however well meaning or good feeling, is still just garden variety screwed up.

Honestly the only religion I can see being worth while is one based on novas. I don't mean the parasites that feed off humans like what's gone on and is going on out west where they're like con men working a mark or thinking they're "deserving" of taking without giving in return. More like the symbiotic relationships that happen in Indian where a nova performs a function for their people. They work to give something in return for what they receive.

The problem of course is that me being a nova means I'm not going to drop to my knees and shout glory for some other schmuck just because he or she also erupted. Giving it up for a superior being is one thing but giving it up for someone that can do tricks when I can also do tricks is too neurotic for words. So I guess in the long run I'm just a lapsed catholic carrying some baggage and slowly building on my own personal sense of ethics. It may mean I'm never going to be the next pope or a member of the latest pantheon of spirituality but at least I have my self respect in tact.

Originally Posted By: Sam 'The Crusader' Hill

As for me, well I follow the creed of the super-hero. I can quote chapter and verse from the good book of justice, my uniform and cape are my holy vestments, and my tithe of vigilence will always be paid in full.

And where in the Book of Justice does it say "run away from the 'bad-guys' unless you outnumber them three to one"?

Originally Posted By: Loge

Honestly the only religion I can see being worth while is one based on novas. I don't mean the parasites that feed off humans like what's gone on and is going on out west where they're like con men working a mark or thinking they're "deserving" of taking without giving in return. More like the symbiotic relationships that happen in Indian where a nova performs a function for their people. They work to give something in return for what they receive.

Sounds interesting. But, if you're "worshiping" a real being, not a false spiritual crook, is it a religon? Or is it like you said, a symbiotic relationship?

Originally Posted By: Trooper
Sounds interesting. But, if you're "worshiping" a real being, not a false spiritual crook, is it a religon? Or is it like you said, a symbiotic relationship?
TO-ma-to, to-MA-to. I really don't think it makes a difference. Do you?

Gods and goddess are real to the people that believe in them. So are the messenger spirits and psychopomps like angels and mystical ravens. So one has an address in Asgard while another squats at Bleeker St. in Greenwich Village.

Originally Posted By: Sam 'The Crusader' Hill

As for me, well I follow the creed of the super-hero. I can quote chapter and verse from the good book of justice, my uniform and cape are my holy vestments, and my tithe of vigilence will always be paid in full.

And where in the Book of Justice does it say "run away from the 'bad-guys' unless you outnumber them three to one"?

This is what I get for not checking this place more carefully; I miss things like this.

Trooper, I need to explain something to you. When you think 'typical Utopian,' the Crusader should be nowhere in your thoughts. He is unique among his brethern. He believes. He'd jump into a fight where he's outnumbered ten-to-one to save a puppy.

Also, criticisms like this are lost on him. I recommend nodding and smiling while sitting back to watch. It may be confusing, but the journey is usually fun.

And I have no real religious leanings. I leave it to smarter and purer people than I.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between a sap and a true believer? And why would one make you potentially more powerful than the other?

Seriously, can you imagine the kind of person that would look at Crusader and think to themselves 'there goes a man I want to be like?' Oh he seems nice enough. But once he opens his mouth and starts in with the kitchen metaphors it gets old.

Difference between a sap and a true believer....tough question.

I guess the major difference (in potential risk) is that a true believer that has gone to the level of fanaticism is capable of many acts that other beings would never consider. Witness the whackos strapping bombs to their bodies to kill in the name of their religion...

Of course, nothing says an individual cannot be a sap AND a true believer.

Trooper, I'd call both cases sucking up on some level. The difference is with the nova you are at least able to see whom you suck up to. One is spiritual, one is physical. And who knows, maybe spiritual (or at least mental/psychological) as well.

There is something about having a distant god whom you can't see or interact with; it gives the person the chance to build their god in their own ideal. Also, novas die, are beaten up by other novas and can make poor decisions. A "mystical" diety can be, in your own mind, perfect.

It is the illusion of following an infalliable being which keeps many going. For example, I do not believe Odin is a real being. Rather, I look to him as an ideal archtype, whose myths and stories tell me how to be a good man.

The downside to this is when someone builds a god and uses it to justify evil or injust actions. Or worse, decides that "Satan made me do it." A man should take responsibility for his actions, and not blame the gods or man for his mistakes.

Originally Posted By: Lyn 'Indigo' Ross
For a man who belongs to a white supremacist organisation, you just made a lot of sense, Rheinlander.

Still doesn't stop me from thinking you're scum of the earth though.

I am an Ayran, not an idiot. I understand that there are those who confuse the two. And men of vision are often misjudged by those who don't know the truth.

Do you know what's so amusing about you and your friends?

Asians created moveable type printing, gunpowder, noodles (spaghetti) and silk. The first civilisations were in the Middle East, founded by people with dark skins. The original Aryans were from the sub-continent of India, were proto-Hindus and therefore had dark skin. Man came out of Africa according to scientific and archaelogical evidence that's been carbon-dated by scientists as white as you and I.

Like it or not, sweetheart, other races have achievements equal to or greater than the Caucasians.

You wonder, no doubt, why I'm taking pot shots at you?

Because my personal belief system encourages tolerance, not racial hatred.

I'm also a telepath, and let me tell you, everybody's the same under the skin.

Have a nice day. smile

Yes, I have heard all of this before; the Chinese are great inventors, which is why the Industrial Revolution happened mostly in Europe and America. I cannot argue with you, for the truth has been obscured to the point where you will not see. You can thank the Zionist dogs for their lies which have lead you to a false world.

I have published The True History of the World. Would you like a copy? It is an unbiased account of world history, untainted by the Zion lies.

Originally Posted By: Rheinlander
Yes, I have heard all of this before; the Chinese are great inventors, which is why the Industrial Revolution happened mostly in Europe and America. I cannot argue with you, for the truth has been obscured to the point where you will not see. You can thank the Zionist dogs for their lies which have lead you to a false world.

I have published The True History of the World. Would you like a copy? It is an unbiased account of world history, untainted by the Zion lies.

Shut up. Dickhead.

Yes, I have heard all of this before;
Thoughtful philosopher to pitiful schmuck and in less than ten words. That's impressive.

You're one of Leliel's true believers. Good for you. You're also an idiot. Not that you're not right on some points, but just because you see those points justifying your rationalizing BS on the history of the world. Want to see real history? Its dirty. Its not romantic. People never were any different. We're all the offspring of fucked up people trying to make it through fucked up situations.

This is just so you know what to expect from me. You're a true believer so none of it will sway you but that's okay. Even though I don't imagine we're going to have much to talk about, just in case, now you know.

Yes, I have heard all of this before;
Thoughtful philosopher to pitiful schmuck and in less than ten words. That's impressive.

You're one of Leliel's true believers. Good for you. You're also an idiot. Not that you're not right on some points, but just because you see those points justifying your rationalizing BS on the history of the world. Want to see real history? Its dirty. Its not romantic. People never were any different. We're all the offspring of fucked up people trying to make it through fucked up situations.

This is just so you know what to expect from me. You're a true believer so none of it will sway you but that's okay. Even though I don't imagine we're going to have much to talk about, just in case, now you know.

And just what, pray tell (no pun intended) do I have to do with Rheinlander? Last thing I heard my name was not Odin.

Or is this some kind of halfass attempt to link Teras with Nazism? If it is you obviously do not have a good knowledge of either of them.

I have no believers, nor do I want them.

You have got to be kidding me. How am I suppose to take terats and the teragen seriously when I have to explain stuff like this to you?

Okay. By the numbers then. Scroll up just a wee bit from your very last post. Exactly ten previous posts. See Leliel and Loge having a conversation and the term true believer being used? Yeah. That conversation. Now scroll back down to the Rhinelander's BS. See the part where I called him one of your true believers. Yours in a sardonic sense as you were the one that brought up the true belief thing . Rhinelander may be a half wit but that doesn't make him any less of a true believer than somebody like Crusader. He seems to be just as serious. And just as half assed. That doesn't diminish the strength of his belief in this racial crap.

You do still remember what Godwin's Law is. Don't you?

Archived