[OpNet] What's the hell?

Chaos

Seriously why are you guys so obsessed with the Church of Michael Archangel? You see them in the shadows, behind every bad thing that happens and probably under your bed where you keep your tin foil hats.

How come?

Forget about military grade intelligence, Department of Justice Records and the anal retentive shit that gets kept by people like the Gothic Knight. On some level you people have got to realize not even the ubiquitous Catholic Church with all its money and loyalty born of a faith could pull off the shit you routinely put the finger on CoMA for doing. Hell the CIA and the NSA combined couldn't pull it off and that's with the Directive giving them love and tips. So how can you, with a straight face no less, believe a Baptist offshoot could do all of this?

No really. I want to know what it takes to fly against reason, logic, and facts to pin the tail on this donkey.

Exactly.

But if you take the stories and opinions floating around this place as gospel, these hard luck Baptists have got more fire power than a Saturday morning cartoon, enough funding to make Project Utopia jealous and better intel than the Directive.

Come on people. There's only so high you can pile this crap.

My personal take on the matter is that at some point in the past, some actual member of CoMA pulled off one hit.

Now, in either copycat crime or searching for a sucker; every whacko, slaphead, and hate-filled fascist bastard in the world with a grudge against the One Race is pulling crimes and blaming them on CoMA. After all, they seem the perfect fall guys.

Are some of CoMA whackos? Probably. But the way most people seem to think, they are like SPECTRE from the old Bond movies. I don't think so.

Chaos,

Gentlesir, I've had a few less than pleasant runnings with the Church of Michael Archangel, and my impression of them thus far has been that they are nothing so much as a collection of inarticulate, bumbling buffoons in various stages of arrested mental development. Many of them are dangerous, stupid, and aggressive. Many of them have guns and the unique combination of lack of scruples and strength of misguided conviction to act on their false beliefs, but no, I have seen no evidence of any fashion of global network of congealed hatred. Many baselines despise novas for many reasons, and the Church seems to me to be the nova-hating analog to the Klan. While occasionally successful, they are largely a group of clowns fit for little better than outright ridicule.

Lucifer

The problem with any kind of discriminatory group is that even less savoury individuals may hijack it for their own purposes.

Alone, the Church of Michael Archangel is ineffectual, amateurish and possessed of the luck all stupid people seem to have. Sometimes, they have gotten good fortune in their crusade against novas.

But with the backing of such groups as the Heaven Thunder Triad (and yes, this has happened in Asia), they become the perfect fall guys for crimes against novas. Want to assassinate the local municipal defender who is getting too much into your soma trade and stopping it? Kill him, and blame the Michael people. Associate getting to know too much? Kill him, etcetera...

I believe the Houston Tornado's death was done by the Michael people, but they receive far too much credit because of other unsavoury people covertly supporting and encouraging them.

All good points.

John Q. Public may think he's got a handle on it all but we're novas. There's something fundamentally wrong with having the power of creation at your fingertips and still getting your worldview from Vogue, N!Tertainment or a tabloid.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chaos:
John Q. Public may think he's got a handle on it all but we're novas. There's something fundamentally wrong with having the power of creation at your fingertips and still getting your worldview from Vogue, N!Tertainment or a tabloid.
Man, I've missed the "What's wrong with still being human?" arguments. I never get tired of the same old "I'm still me" vs. "HOLY SHIT, I'm Zeus! Eat it, bitches!" debate. :sigh:
-billy

Quote:
Originally posted by billy Horrorshow:
I never get tired of the same old "I'm still me" vs. "HOLY SHIT, I'm Zeus! Eat it, bitches!" debate.
Are you saying this discussion is actually about something other than the Church of Michael Archangel? I had nothing to say on what I thought the topic was concerned with but might have something to say if the subject is actually about the human condition versus nova mindsets.

Quote:
Seriously why are you guys so obsessed with the Church of Michael Archangel? You see them in the shadows, behind every bad thing that happens and probably under your bed where you keep your tin foil hats.

How come?

Forget about military grade intelligence, Department of Justice Records and the anal retentive shit that gets kept by people like the Gothic Knight. On some level you people have got to realize not even the ubiquitous Catholic Church with all its money and loyalty born of a faith could pull off the shit you routinely put the finger on CoMA for doing. Hell the CIA and the NSA combined couldn't pull it off and that's with the Directive giving them love and tips. So how can you, with a straight face no less, believe a Baptist offshoot could do all of this?

No really. I want to know what it takes to fly against reason, logic, and facts to pin the tail on this donkey.
First; I don't use tinfoil. Newsprint is the way to go. wink

Second, An organization like ComA is one that is decentralized, and has many sleepers that are easily hidden in the religious community. Also with all the conflicts Novas have, I am sure that a ComA member finds willing ears among Human Supremist groups. I also think that most ComA members are just as paranoid as us, so they probably don't fly their colors publicly.

Also I think there are government organizations around the world that have busted cells of ComA and do so silently. After all, you don't want to look like you support the enemy of a terrorist organization, lest you become a target yourself.

Finally, we don't like ComA around here. after all, they violently hate Novakind. And I think a few Novas here have been attacked by ComA themselves.

So I think that explains our reaction.

Quote:
Seriously why are you guys so obsessed with the Church of Michael Archangel?
I don't personally obsess about CoMA. Yes, they burned down my house in an attempt on my life, but I'm not about to call up a crusade against them. I'm more of a 'live and let live' kinda guy. I think theres been enough bloodshed on both sides, I'm ending my part of the cycle by not responding.

What is it with you screaming in the wind about how backwards we guys all are, get your head out of your arse and pay a-bloody-ttention. You may accidentally learn something.

Archived