Aberrant: Infinite Earth - Fiction - Mission 3: Getting back to Basics [Yep, Mature... again]

The Traveler

As Tama stepped out, he had a concerned look on his face. He leaned over and whispered. "Just as I feared..."

He let Daniel think of those words as he led everyone through the neighborhood to the pool.

= 45 minutes later, after some shopping =

The group arrives at the school's pool. It was of olympic size yet today the ropes that denoted the lanes were neatly packed away. On the deep end there were a couple members of the SCUBA club getting their dive gear checked or doing practice dives. Reiko used her clearances to bring everyone in.

"These are friends of my Father, Kei."

"Oh! Excellent! And for once one of them is a complete hottie!"

"I know, right?"

Reiko smiled to Daniel before walking in. "Still got that silly ring, Reiko?"

"Today I do... I'm calling in lazy."

"'bout time, girl! Want me to get one of the scrubs to fetch a drink? We've been taking it too easy on the rookies."

"No, I'll get my own... the freshmen aren't slaves."

"We went through it when we were freshies."

"Doesn't make it right."

Kei scratched her head. "I guess..."

Yomiko looked at the two and sighed. Reminded of what she did sort of made everyone freshmen, in a way. "I'll grab some refreshments. Any requests?"

"I'll just take some water, dear." Tama said.

She looked to Daniel as Reiko headed to the vending machine. "And you, Dear?"

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Water is fine thank you." He had on simple black trunks and a teeshirt, and sat down on one of the chairs after spreading his towel, and then removing his sandals. He was not so sure about this, but still, he'd give it a try. "I think I'll wait a little while to get in though."

Yomiko started getting the two waters, still in her business style clothes. Kei looked at Yomiko askance. "Leaving soon?"

"Umm... no, I'm just going to get changed at the girl's room." She said, blushing, pointing to the orange and white backpack she had on.

"Oh... Heh... sorry, usually I don't see people this dressed up unless they're in school uniforms or the scuba fanatics over there."

Yomiko looked over and started recognizing the gear setup. "I've done some SCUBA in my day... You the lifeguard here?"

"No, that's Chiko's job up there." She said, pointing to a girl sitting on the lifeguard's bench, more attracted to Daniel than to the activity in the pool. Yomiko sighed. "I am fully trained as a first responder... seems having a girl lifeguard might be a bad thing here."

Kei giggled. "No silly, look closely..."

Yomiko looked but couldn't figure it out.

"Chiko can read electrical impulses. she's blind. She's just recognizing electrical patterns."

"Oh!" Yomiko said. "Isn't that dangerous though for her to be up there?"

"She is also very sensitive to sound, like sonar."

"Oh... Well... just good for us to know who can save someone if needed then."

Yomiko buys the waters, and delivers them to Daniel and Tama, who while working on getting the drinks had already changed into what looked like a surfer's rashie, white and blue in color. He looked pretty healthy for a man in his 50's.

"Here you go you two, I'm going to get changed." She said with a smile.

As she walked off, Tama looked over to Daniel again. "So... thought of what I said about Yomiko from before we left?"

"I have. I have decided to stand with her, I will council her as I feel I need to, but in the end I will let her make her decisions." He looked at Tama, it was clear the young man didn't have to. He could smile and legions would comply with any request, follow any order. "It's not my way to take away someone's ability to choose."

He looked to the other girls, and sent a light pulse of power towards the blind lifeguard, saying hello politely in a way only novas could.

"He smiled to Tama. "What would you advise me to do, to help Yomiko? In the end, that's what i want to do, that, and help her be happy."

Tama smiled. "Just what I wanted to hear, actually. Keep doing what you're doing. She needs that, and she will sooner or later."

"Her mother warned me to make sure she was never alone. She does... get so self-righteous she would do a great evil just to prove a point."

"She... did tell me the exact details. I can't say I would have done differently. But I know she is having those doubts, Daniel. I had those after Anne died."

He sipped some water from his bottle. "I blamed myself when really it was all one tragic accident... She's beating herself up over this inside... but... maybe this place can help her get over that."

Yomiko stepped out wearing a form fitting pink and white bodysuit that had a bit of a sheen to it. Kei looked impressed as Yomiko sat next to Daniel and Tama.

"So... what'cha think? While we were out and about I snuck over to a place that sold these suits. Leaves nothing to the imagination in this mode, or can be switched baggy like a drysuit to wear over clothes like a rainsuit. Would have been useful last universe."

She sighed. "That really was last universe, huh? Like yesterday... like something to move on from."

She took a breath and slipped into the pool with a smile. "And I can keep on moving... but here. For now. I think I've lacked someplace to call... home."

Reiko pushes herself over. "Oh neat! It's one of those new adaptive polymer suits!" Reiko says looking at the fabric. "Is this the watersprite model?"

"Yep!" she says, bobbing. "Wait... you don't have the flotation option on... this was designed for boaters and sport-swimmers."

"Huh? It just looked cool."

"True... I'd probably get the red model."

Yomiko looked back at Daniel. "Just let me know when you want to come in." She said with a smile and leans back into the water. Reiko pokes Yomiko on her chest.

"I'm like a fish, Reiko..."

Reiko blinked. "Whatcha mean?"

"How does a fish regulate it's bouyancy in water?"

"Oh..."

"Right... now... let me relax." She said with a tired voice.

"You and your body suits. That is not a swimsuit." He sighed, "honestly, it's like you've never just had fun in life." He chuckled, and looked down to Yomiko as she rested in the water. "just relax, I'll let you do that much before I put on my little show." He reached down to stroke her cheek, causing abit of pleasure from it.

He smiled, sitting back with Tama. "Thank you for bringing us along Reika. After I finish my drink I'lll join you all. Enjoy yourselves. Exams and studying are important, but always remember to make time to do something you just plain enjoy." His voice was rich and full and he smiled. It was easily the most charming she'd ever heard.

Chiko heard the voice and looked like for a moment she swooned, as she finally caught enough of his voice. But then she snapped back to normal when she remembered her duties.

Yomiko blushed. "Sorry... I'm... a bit of a sci-fi nerd." She said, his charm was already in her so this wasn't anything new.

Reiko smiled, she floated there letting herself get lost in his eyes.

Daniel could be honest though... this suit left nothing to the imagination in this mode as she sat back up in the water.

"Actually, Daniel..." She said, swimming over, and for once he could see the true purpose of her choice as even her chest size was evident with this particular suit... and it was healthy. "I do know how to have fun..."

Her voice was more seductive than usual. The look on her face wasn't the cute almost schoolgirlish traveler, but of an unnatural, seductive girl... to Daniel this wouldn't be much, but this change was actually a good first step.

Daniels smiled. "Wheels turn and time's march is unending." He downed the entire bottle in a single long pull and nodded. "It looks quite good on you, and I'm sure something like it would look good on you as well Reika, though red is probably more your color." The fact his shorts had red trim didn't go missed, by anyone save Chiko.

He looked back to Tama. "I'm going in, I expect you're going to sit awhile and enjoy the show?" his whisper carried no further than them, though he knew Chiko might feel it.

He stood up to his full height and removed his shirt, not bothering to restrain any of the effects the perfection of his form was likely to engender. He was not a large man, but his body was perfectly formed, just the right definition without ruining things, his stomach flat, and he looked as one would expect a champion Athlete to. His hair'd grown out some in their trip, and he sighed. "I'll need to find a barber eventually."

Still he walked round to the deep end, safe enough to dive in, but away from the scuba divers, and passing by Chiko's tower. "It's nice to meet you Chiko, My name is Daniel. I trust in your abilities fully, if someone should need them." His voice was soothing and inspiring, it conveyed genuine conviction, and a quiet strength that spoke of a good man. It was only then that he kept walking, to dive into the deeper section of the pool and swim underwater towards the girls, slowly. For him, this was a chance to allow them to regain any composure his show and words may have cost.

Chiko sighed, and got red in the face, as the others around the pool started to snap to. Yomiko sighed, and couldn't break her gaze. Reiko almost fell out of her ring, but kept her composure, and even Tama was paying attention, but only in a way a teacher kept an eye on his students.

Daniel did notice as he entered the deep end that the divers that were training decided to start lurking under him, looking him over. the obvious number of girls here made the realization clear to him... he was at a all-girls school.

That was when Chiko fainted and fell into the pool. Yomiko, naturally was the first to swim over to check on her. She activated what looked like a pair of swim wings under her arms, and let Chiko rest in the front between the bladders, and in her arms.

"Oh dear... you okay, Ma'am?"

Chiko nodded, coughing out water. "Are you one of the adults?"

"Umm... no, dear, just a friend of Reiko's father."

"Oh... Reiko is a nice girl."

Chiko seemed quite the innocent type. Or was still dazed by Daniel's vocal presence.

Yomiko just shook her head. "I'll take you to the side of the pool. You'll be okay now?"

"Yeah... thanks." Chiko said, actually breaking from Yomiko and using her hydro-kinetic powers to levitate back to her tower seat.

"Oh... nevermind." She said with a giggle. "Oh my... Daniel... I think they sent the frogwomen to get you!"

Daniel had missed the goings on behind him, and surfaced in the shallow end, much to the same effect as removing his shirt as the water came off of him in sheets, and time seemed to slow down, as everyone got to watch. He chuckled and the spell seemed broken, as he pulled back within himself, tamping down to more manageable levels, as he looked to Chiko, who was soaking wet, and Yomiko swimming at the wall. "What are you doing over there? Are you both alright?"

He could see the divers coming and smiled. "Tama, did you bring me to an All girl's school's swimming pool?" There was an impishness to his grin and voice, and he nodded. "This is going to be quite fun I think."

Tama shrugged as Yomiko reset her suit so she could actually dive under the water again, and with a sigh snuck over to where Daniel was in the water, after she waved and said. "Everything's fine... nevermind me..."

Of course, Yomiko could breathe water easily. Or not breathe at all if she wanted. but this would only take a moment and with a freediver's grace she goosed Daniel as she swam by, and waved to him when he looks.

Reiko just giggled.

"You know Daniel..." Tama said. "...I think Yomiko is learning how to have fun."

He smiled "So that's how you want to play this is it?" he chuckled, and awaited the other divers, everyone nocing that it felt more like a hottub within 5 meters of him than a regular pool.

He looked to Tama. "I think so too. This is a good thing, something I look forward to helping with." He swam over to her and dunked her playfully, and swam away as she came back up.

Yomiko was loving it. Reminded her of her days with her siblings. "Daniel... wasn't the point of coming here to cool off?" She said, a smile on her face. "Cool off!"

She exhaled as she attempted to pull Daniel into the pool back-first by pulling on the belt of his trunks to pull him back. "In you go!"

he laughed when he came up out of the water, and nodded.cooling the water. He soon had the scuba club coming up, and he nodded. "Hello ladies, come join the fun." he gave them his heartmeltingly hot smile and nodded. "You may wanna lose the heavy gear first, this is all about fun."

It was comical how fast both taanks and suits were shed to reveal school suits beneath as they swam back to the others. He nodded to Reika. "Introductions?"

He looked to yomiko, wondering how this would all play out.

Yomiko swam to the deep end, keeping under the surface. She was suprised that the girls in the SCUBA club were ditching their gear. The sound of the bubbling from their oxygen tanks brought that sound she loved... that white noise...

She took a lotus position at the bottom of the deep end. She trusted Daniel. Right now there was a moment... something she had to ride out.

Reiko smiled, leaning foreward on her tube. "This is Kyoko and Sakurako. Saukrako is our tech genius here at the school. She actually made the SCUBA rigs they wear 25% more efficient with their Oxygen."

The name opened Yomiko's eyes and she purged all the carbon dioxide in her body she could into her air bladders and shot to the surface like a beachball held under water as it was blown up.

"Wait... Sakurako"

The short-black haired girl looked puzzled... "Yes... that's my name."

Yomiko blinked as she bobbed like a cork at the surface. Yomiko knew there was a reverberation to that name...

Yomiko... you'll be needed there...

Yomiko looked at potentially was this universe's Sakurako... but could not find any quantum...

"She's... normal... Human..."

"I know right? But here she is!"

It was somewhat missed by Daniel, who just nodded. "Nothing wrong with "human" It's what everyone is, after all, some just have some unique abilities others don't."

He smiled. "Sakurako, Kyoko, I'm Daniel, it's nice to meet you both." he gave a slight bow and they both blushed, as he rose back up.

"That sort of technical genius is a good thing. I bet you could patent the process you used."

"Actually, it's a dangerous set up to fine tune, I got treated for decompression sickness a few weeks ago. It sort of messes with how your body deals with the excess nitrogen in the bloodstream. I mean yeah, you waste less oxygen, but what isn't there is replaced by Nitrogen."

Sakurako looked over daniel. "Mutant, correct? She said, adjusting her glasses that stayed on with a sports-strap.

"Yes... how did?"

"First you raised the temperature of the pool, followed by the fact all of your compatriots are either known Metahumans in the community or someone carrying around a TU-ID Card."

Yomiko smiled... as a weight was lifted. "I know what you are, Sakurako... you're a extraordinary."

"Extraordinary what?"

"No... you're a rare metahuman type. You are simply more skilled and well, lucky than other people."

"My Mom is named Sakurako." Yomiko said.

"Oh? I was expecting something weird, like you were born in a test tube..." one of the other swim-team members quipped.

Yomiko swam over to Daniel. "Odd how that name keeps popping up wherever we go..."

He chuckled. "We keep ending up in Japan. It is a popular name in Japan." He looked at Yomiko and splashed her lightly. Turning to the girls who splashed him.. He chuckled. "Not that I mind, It's a pretty name."

he shrugged, and swam deeper, to float on his back. "You know Chiko, next time, when we'll have to go to the beach, so you can swim with us too and have some fun too."

He smiled looking up at the other girls. "That wouldn't be a problem, would it?"

He smiled. "Some yes, but our new friends, they'll be welcome on some of them. Our Dates, those will be just us." He kissed her nose lightly and the other girls couldn't help the pang of jealousy at such affection from him.

He brushed her arm lightly as he laid back to float. "I already like it here..."

Yomiko scratched her head before laying back herself, folding her hands across her chest to relax after taking in a sigh. She sat high in the water which made a couple of the divers curious as to how she did it.

"Well, if the outings are here that's okay. But the ship... I really think I should check who is interested. I... think one of my mother's mistakes was taking on too many so easily.Some only hung around until some trouble got sorted in their universe then they wander off like the ungrateful ingrates that they were."

"I'm not, and neither is the ship... a taxi service."

He looked up, and watched her. Then he swam over to her as the other girls seemed to start enjoying themselves too. He leaned in, "I meant the friends part for all of us." He kissed her cheek softly. "You and I are much more. I was referring to group outings. The private ones.." He reached beneath her and stroked her spine, filling her with warmth and pleasure. "Well, that's just for us, and you to find out all about."

Yomiko relaxed, breathing in she embraced Daniel, lettign him float with her.

"In a way I should count myself lucky..."

She grinned and whispered..."Because if this was the pool on the ship or somewhere private... hehe"

"Sorry I doubted you." She said, kissing him. "To be honest I want to avoid beaches and stuff for our more... personal outing. We never seem to be left alone."

"...I think those sorts of places are cursed."

"We will. We have a private penthouse, with a jacuzi." he smiled letting his implications be clear, as he swam back over to the other girls, showing he could have fun with them all as well, having reassured his girlfriend. "Come on, you three aren't even giving me a fight in this splash fight"

Yomiko giggled. Just happy to finally feel... normal.

After some more splashes and other fun times, the heat of the day continued to the late afternoon. Once everyone got dried off, they all journeyed back to Tama's.

"So... dinner at Tama's followed by what, Daniel?" Yomiko said, leaning on him. Looking like a very space-girl with the bodysuit she bought. Her clothes and towel in her backpack.

Reiko walked next to Yomiko, comically in her uniform again and wearing her favorite swim-ring around her waist, probably more because it seemed fun.

"How long do you plan to stay, Sis?" Reiko asked.

"Indefinately, Reiko... I think... I think I can call this place home."

Daniel chuckled. "Until she gets bored and we go off againt to save some other world." He looked at Yomiko. "I plan to get settled into our rooms tonight, there's alot to unpack."

He smiled, and nodded to Tama, Reiko and the others. "We can have a party once we get something permanent set up."

Yomiko clenched her fists, but then Tama yelled at her in a uncharacteristically harsh tone.

"Yomiko! Have you become as dense as you are intelligent?"

Yomiko glared. "What do you mean?"

"He's not trying to push you away, child. Think a few like you did at the pool."

Yomiko stood there silently.

"If you're going to just stew, stay out here like some odd statue."

Tama shook his head. "Daniel... however you want to handle this, we'll be waiting."

He guided Reiko to his residence as Yomiko stood there trembling.

Daniel looked at her, and sent the others on ahead, not moving until they were alone. Then he moved in close, not touching her, and looking at her worriedly. "What's wrong Yomiko? I just want you to have fun and enjoy yourself..."

"How can I help make that happen?"

"Was I too nice to your friends?"

"I... I can't be around you anymore... Daniel."

She gritted her teeth. "You're.... you're expressing emotions in me that I cannot rectify. I... I... When you are alone I feel the whole universe is ours but the minute others appear... the minute I lose that..."

She trembled, her fists still clenched. She didn't know how to handle Daniel... and his natural charisma only exacerbated it.

"...I... I don't think this is going to work."

He looked at her, and moved with perfect grace, his arms going to her shoulders. "It will work. I believe in you, in your strength and resolve." He pulled her to him. "We aren't alone, us against the cosmos. we're here now, where we want to be. It will take getting used to yes, Once things get out about me, I'm going to be in high demand."

"But I'm already taken, by you." He stroked her cheek softly. "If you cannot believe in your value, or in us, at least believe in me, because I believe in you."

There was no essence of massive quantum power he surely wielded, it was just an appeal to her heart, directly from his.

"I said it before, I will always stand beside you."

Yomiko trembled. "It's not us against the universe, it's the cosmos against me... My mother and father had to take on a hostile continuum... that peace they one for themselves we wander through now..."

She shook her head. "You... you're dangerous."

She took a few breaths, before placing her hands on him. "That... that's something I can't change." She said. "If you want to be by my side, then I can accept that but... just by your nature the minute others show a different side comes out in me..."

"There... was a reason why I did what I did back at that last universe."

She trembled... "I... I saw how the women looked at you. I saw how... I... I..."

She gritted her teeth. "I WANTED YOU FOR MYSELF ALONE!" She shouted, her breathing was heavy as she gritted her teeth.

"I... I did it for you... Daniel. Everything... That was the only justice I could give you..."

He looked at her, and she could feel his steel grey eyes boring into her soul. "I can commit to that."

he reached up to cup her chin. "You still did them a better turn than i would have Yomiko, and made something happen that needed to. Perhaps it was heavy-handed, but it did get the results we wanted."

"I just want you, Yomiko. If I have you, and can help you be happy, then I am happy."

He sighed. "I guess this blows my scheme to get us enough money to live comfortably away though. Modelling isn't my favorite thing, but it won't showcase my power, and nobody gets hurt..."

He looked at her. "I'll find something else to help out here."

He whispered in her ear. "Though I can be nice to the whole world, you are the only woman who can call me "theirs." Remember that."

Archived