[OpNet] African Violence

Rachel Brenford

What a horrid, horrid week this seems to have been so far. My sympathies and condolences to Sylvan as well as Mitch, Vixen and their family.

I don't have contact information for some of the people I wanted to notify, so I'm making a public notice. As you may have heard on the news, there was an attack by Elites on a Doctors Without Borders hospital camp in the Sudan this morning; about 12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time.

Dr. Lou Anne Burgess whom some of you may know through this site was one of the wounded. Lou Anne's mother and I are on the way to Paris now hoping to find out more information. At present all we've been told is that she's fine but hasn't regained consciousness. I'll believe that when I see her.

Unfortunately several dozen African Union peacekeepers, some of the patients awaiting treatment and a number of nurses and doctors were not as lucky. Many of them were killed.

I'll post more when I know more.

Oh that is such bullshit! What, are you on the Devries payroll now?

Some of us just don't want to work for another corporation worrying about the holy bottom line. We go in, we kick some ass and then we go home to spend the money. That doesn't make us sloppy. It just means we don't waste 20 million dollar a year on public relations.

"We go in, we kick some ass and then we go home to spend the money."

And in the process, you lay waste to villages, medical sites, antiquities, the surrounding environment and the lives of not only baselines but also your fellows within the One Race.

At what point, Kid Chaos, does the money no longer outweigh the price? How long will you sell yourself to baseline governments and agencies in return for paper, when everything you could ever want is within the node deep inside your mind?

You are, in effect, prostituting yourself to an inferior species.

If they're an inferior race then why am I suppose to give a damn about their villages, their medical sites, their antiquities and their inferior little lives? I do but your little speech sounds like you hadn't really thought about that before you opened your mouth.

And I'm tired of that transcendent one race crap btw. It doesn't sound any more insightful coming from you than it did from Epoch two weeks ago when he failed to get the job done.

You "give a damn" for a number of reasons, Kid Chaos:

1. Because while they are inferior, they are still our forebearers, and we still utilize certain elements of their society and culture at this time.

2. Because while they are inferior, they are still sentient, and there is a certain amount of respect that should be given to any sentient life, whether greater or lesser than our own.

3. Because while they are inferior, they can still suffer and die needlessly, and it is to be avoided as surely as is killing a pride of lions or a troop of gorillas.

As for the matter of "that transcendent one race crap", it may make a bit more sense when you stop worshipping Federal Reserve Notes.

1. Okay, so because you still read comic books as you drink coffee around planning the revolution you got a need to give a damn. How far does that go? How much do you really care?

I saw your boy Procyon giving out love for the world but that doesn't seem to be keeping your boy Orzaiz down on the farm. Or your razor girl Shrapnel from slicing and dicing whenever she's got a mad on about breaking a nail. I don't see you doing much either. And it sure as hell didn't keep Epoch from trying to up his ratings over my dead body. I bet the pay increase that would have come with that didn't even cross his mind.

2. Sentient? I got news for you; pedophiles are sentient. Rapists are sentient. Mobsters are sentient. And oh yeah, el Presidente or His Honorable Stuck Up Self The Prime Minister in Perpetuity that pays me to go kick ass because I'm more cost effective than keeping a standing army are also sentient. Cockroaches are probably sentient.

3. That's right. There's no need for people to die needlessly. That's why some people want me instead of a knuckle dragging ape with a quantum sword that cuts buildings in half. Not because the building needs to go down but because he missed his target. That asshole shills for Devries btw. He's one of the spankers Wakinyan is talking up by talking down the Jannissaries.

And maybe the monies got nothing to do with me thinking the transcendent one race crap is just an excuse. Maybe its got to do with your boy Epoch talking that shit to try and rattle me while he was failing to kill me.

Yeah, one race.

My ass.

Taking out an aid station ...

Not only is it immoral, its doubly bad for business.

-You could find yourself in an aid station yourself one day.

-No matter what the paycheck, that's a human rights violation and people will come gunning for you. If you think no one will ever know ... keep believing that right up until someone takes your bounty. Since you are psycho enough take out definite non-combatants, I'm thinking the bounty-hunter will opt for the Dead in Dead or Alive.

Kid Chaos,

If you believe that those of us within the Teragen are of a single mind and mode, you are sorely mistaken. That Epoch continues to be an Elite is something that I most certainly do not sanction or applaud.

As for the rest of your defense, the simple fact is that you kill not for need, but for money. If you cannot differentiate between the two, I fear that you may be beyond reach at this time.

Yeah, like its never happened before. For every knuckle head sitting it out in Bahrain being rehabilitated after being found guilty at the Haag, there's probably another fifty that got away scott free and don't think about anything except how easy the money was. Immorality happens all the time just down the street from where you live, where ever you live. If people actually cared enough about the morality to not do it just because its immoral then they wouldn't be doing it anyway.

A lot of bounty hunters opt the dead option and don't care what you did or didn't do. Its a pay check to them just like the aid station was to someone else. And speaking of that; this has got "shadow" sprayed all over it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Chaos:
Quote:
Originally posted by Trooper:
No, he simply recognizes the sloppy work of semi-professionals when he sees it.
Oh you just on keeping on believing that $20 million dollar fairy tale pretty boy.
Aren't you the determined hardcase. Good for you. I could care less what you think.

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeslip:
As for the rest of your defense, the simple fact is that you kill not for need, but for money.
What I think of the T-rats as a group can be summed up in one word: useless.

None of that was a defense btw. You aren't someone I answer to. What it was, was some questions you couldn't answer and some holes poked in your rationalization tissue.

I don't kill for money like a halfwit standing in the stun line of a meat packing plant. I get paid for what I do because it happens to also work out for the people paying me. There's a difference.

Quote:
Aren't you the determined hardcase. Good for you. I could care less what you think.
Yeah, you probably could care less. But you'll learn to care more, Super Trooper. I'm in no hurry and I'm not going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Chaos:
Quote:
Yeah, you probably could care less. But you'll learn to care more, Super Trooper. I'm in no hurry and I'm not going anywhere.
Is it so very important to you for me to be impressed? Or annoyed? I am a professional soldier. I care about executing the mission in the best possible way. I care about my success rate. I care about getting paid. And I care about performing my secondary duties for Dr. Alinsky. Beyond that? Not so much.

The outpouring of support from this community is overwhelming. I think I've only seen such love and compassion in a school of sharks.

Dr. Preston, I may not know you well, but I know of you, thank you very much. I'll pass that along to Monsieur Urman as appropriate.

Sylvan, thank you for your support. Though, rare as it is, Lou Anne and I are married, not sisters. If there is anything that I or we can do for you, let me know.

We've just landed at Charles de Gaulle airport, once we get our bags and a taxi, we're en route pour Rue Calais.

Thanks

Rachel Brenford

Quote:
Originally posted by Rachel Brenford:
Sylvan, thank you for your support. Though, rare as it is, Lou Anne and I are married, not sisters. If there is anything that I or we can do for you, let me know.
Oh. Oh! Ohh. Sorry. shocked

And that's not as rare as it used to be - though where I come from it is. At any rate... the best thing either of you can do for me is for Lou Anne get better, and for the both of you to be happy. We need more of that in this world.

I'm torn, but I promised to post information when I had it. It will be a matter of public record soon enough and Lou Anne didn't seem to care...

Lou Anne has been transferred to the Paris Rashoud Facility. Physically, she appears to be fine, her mental state is not so good right now, but she is joking at least. "The only mortal wound is to my career" she said. Needless to say, she's not taking the news of being a Nova as completely a good thing. She doesn't seem to want to stay at the Center longer than necessary so I'm not sure when she'll be allowed net access. We'll be staying in Paris at least tonight.

While I fully understand that there may be a desire to congratulate her, please keep in mind that she's very saddened by the lives that were lost and not completely certain how she feels about the situation.

Thanks

Rachel Brenford

Archived