[L&S] Big Bad Wolf [Mature]

Darrik Reynolds

[This is open to any of the Sabbat PCs that are in Darrik's pack. Warning: As per Sabbat stuff, this will include mature nastiness. You have been warned.]

Darkness swathed the basement even more than the nighttime outside, a key feature of any worthy vampire hideout. The bodies on the floor were corpse-still, motionless.

Until one of them snapped up, eyes flashing out, awake and active. The dye in the coldly beautiful youth's normally black hair remained by some trick or chance, leaving Darrik Reynold's hair a mix of red and black,

He grinned as he arose, noticing that his leader looking at him as well, the rest were still slow to rise and awake. For a brief moment, he debated waiting and talking with them - but Darrik was feeling the beastly impulse to do something, to some people.

He'd bring back some human prey for the pack to have fun with then. "You mind if I go grab some nubile playthings and drinks, or want to come with me?"

Puck grinned at his packmate, slithering over to him and playfully nipping at his neck. "I'm hungry. Let's get someone to eat, then find some toys to bring home." He stood, moving with a mesmerizing fluidity that truly was a deadly weapon in the hands of the monstrous Sabbat Toreador.

"I need some new canvas anyways. I had an idea for a painting, but it'll be several panels." His grin turned challenging, though still playful. "So, here, or are we going a-Viking in Camarilla territory tonight? You know how picky I am about anyone I want to use for art, and Versailles clubs are just so small compared to Paris."

It was a dangerous thing, to poach in the city itself, but then Puck had never really been one for playing it safe. He'd risen as quickly as he had in the Sabbat not for a particularly politically savvy mind, but because he just kept surviving the stunts he pulled so often. And managed to usually get all or most of his pack though, as well. He took Darrik's hand, raising it to his lips and gently brushing the skin, managing to look both gallant and absolutely wicked in the same moment. "Our little date before everyone else wakes up, with presents when we get home."

The Losmbra looked wickedly amused and let out a breathy mock sigh. "You have me about to swoon right now, Puck." As for Puck's question, Darrik too had no qualms about taking a few risks, as it was. "I'd say food around here, just to make sure we get our strength up... Then we can go mortal shopping in the Cam-land. Sound fine?"

"Sure," Puck assented, and the two Sabbat vampires headed up the stairs and into the night. The gay lights of the Versailles entertainment brought light in some profusion on the streets, though if someone were to truly look at Darrik, they would observe the lights cast no shadow, though illuminated as his form was.

Glancing about, Darrik observed a pair of semi-intoxicated woman of college age, clad in somewhat scanty outfits, and giving cheery waves to any attractive seeming male on the street. Ideal for food. "How bout them, Puck?"

He grinned at Darrik. "Normally, I'd like at least some challenged, but eh, I'm hungry and they're not rich enough to cause problems when their bodies are found. Also, I think we should take them into Paris..." The dark angel showed a flash of the demon inside. "Leave them somewhere nice, say on Margrave de Courcillon front gates?"

The Margrave, also known as the Honorable Lord Seneshal of Paris among the dead of the city, was a favorite target of the young Sabbat hellion. The local Kindred on either side of the philosophic divide weren't sure if he was still alive because he was that good or because the Margrave had a 'thing' for prettyboys. Either way, Puck, as always, pushed every inch and mile anyone would give him.

He waved back to the drunken kine and made his way over, laughing and pulling one of them into a goofy dance spin. He ended with her wrapped in his arms and invited, "Ladies! We are into the city for the night, but it is so sad. We are all alone, no one to come with us, keep us company, lavish our affection on...." The girls giggled at his over-the-top delivery and then glanced at each other.

Puck made a sad face at the second woman over the shoulder of the woman he was holding. "Ah, now, ladies, so cruel! Will you leave us to the chilly night alone?"

"Claire, c'mon," the brunette Puck was holding pleaded with her sorority sister. These two guys were hot and their clothes screamed money to burn. They had classes tomorrow, but merde, it wouldn't be the first time they showed up hung-over.

Claire glanced at Darrik, giving him a far more thorough and sober once-over. Darrik was used to the look: calculating his net worth, her chances at scoring more than just one night of free drinks, and checking a mental list of the rich and famous to see if he was on it. So she was one of those, a woman who goes to college and study 'husbandry'. Apparently he rated high enough and she smiled, sliding up to him. "Ah, alright Isabel. I'm Claire, monsieur....?"

"Darrik, mademoiselle." The Lasombra simply took Claire's hand and brushed his lips on it, much as Puck had done earlier. It would take a bit of time to get to the Margrave's, but Darrik had a trick to lead them there.

"So I have a proposal. There's a rather nice house I think you ought to see, splendid view... and we get something along the way?"

Meanwhile....

The wolf in man's clothing had been simply walking and quietly patrolling the area, a young looking man with a bit of brown facial hair and wrinkled clothing. But then, he smelled something wrong.

A ways off, but still in view for his enhanced eye sight, two of the Herd, females both, drunk but acquiring the company of two attractive young men. Attractive as the grave - they stunk of death and the walking corpses.

This wolf was young, and had the zeal to match. To him, corpses stayed dead, no matter what. Lest they seen him and get suspicious though, the wolf began to simply stalk and shadow.

• 4 weeks later...

They paraded through the city with their conquests, bribing their way into one of the more exclusive restaurants along their path. Puck always believed that even food deserved a last meal, and preferably a few other pleasurable lasts. Except, of course, when his better angels were tied up somewhere and his demons were far more interested in a different kind of screaming. But then what was a Sabbat Toreador if they never indulged their Pervert side?

Boring, according to Puck.

And he was never boring.

It was a rule.

The girls were swept up into a world of outrageous expenses and intensely alluring men. Even level-headed Isabel allowed herself to indulge, drinking perhaps a bit than she should have, but how often does a girl get a chance to drink wine more expensive than all her college text books for the next semester combined? The entire meal would come close to her tuition for the same period....she guessed. It was one of the restuarants with no prices on the menu - either you could afford it or you couldn't, and Darrik and his friend obviously could.

"Come, chers," Puck held out a hand for Claire while Darrik did the same for Isabel. "We shall go see the house I am thinking I might just take one night and then we shall go to Le Baron for the rest of the evening, yes?"

Claire shot Isabel a look promising dark days ahead for her friend if she refused and fluttered eyelashes at her unexpected date for the evening. "You can get us in? Do you go there a lot?"

"Ah, ma cher, not as often as I would like," Puck murmured teasingly, "but I am known to the owner. We have a unique relationship." He flashed a mischevious grin at his partner in crime. Le Baron was owned, through a maze of shell companies and a ghoul or two, by a Camarilla Toreador elder, another favorite mark of his darker clanmate. "Wouldn't you agree, Darrik?"

"Cousins," Darrik chuckled at Isabel's suspicious look. "And family is everything, wouldn't you agree?"

Claire gave an indelicate snort and muttered, "Not if you're my family." At the curious looks from the two men, she shrugged and clarified, "My mother left years ago and my father has been-"

"Busy," Isabel cut in. "He's a workaholic." She shot Claire her own look, warning her against making either one of them look classless in front of potential husband material. She added her own shrug and leaned up against Darrik, giving her best 'damsel' look. "I'm an orphan. My parents died in a car accident when I was little. It would be nice to have a family to care about," she added wistfully.

"He's some kind of 'holic." Claire muttered again, then found a bright smile for Puck. "Le Baron sounds wonderful. Where is this house you want to go see first?"

"Not too far. We can walk there, then call for a car to take us to Le Baron. I do so abhor the Metro." Smiling and thinking extremely different thoughts, the walking dead and undead made their way from the restaurant and into the night.

It was infuriating, watching corpses live better than most of the living and certainly better than his pack.

Pack. He really should call them. There were two leeches and while he might be able to take them both himself, if he couldn't then someone needed to know who and where they were.

But if he called, Patrice would take over and tell him to just wait. The girls might be dead by then, and he certainly wouldn't gain any glory in the eyes of the pack. He'd stay bottom of the totem pole, spending most of his time stuck doing boring-ass research or guarding the locus while the pack went out and did the real work of protecting the world. Killing corpses wasn't as good as fighting the Ridden or keeping the spirits in check before they crossed over, but it was part of their duty in keeping the world in balance and it would impress the pack.

Well, everyone but Patrice.

He fished out his phone, took a few quick pictures, and sent off a text to Zoe knowing she'd be in bed by now and wouldn't get it until morning. If he died, at least the pack would know where and what to look for.

Now, it was time to hunt in earnest.

As the quarter approached the gothic-styled manor that only Puck and Darrik knew belonged to the Margrave, Isabel and Claire marveled at the ancient-looking but well preserved gargoyles. The ultimate proof of the affluence of their dates. "Wow... this, this is magnificent." Claire murmured.

"Indeed." Darrik chuckled, even as he locked eyes with Puck and the two shared glances. They may have become monsters now, but some old habits never died, or became out of place. As the group rounded a corner along the grand domicile, Darrik pulled Isabel up to him, leaning back against the wall.

His lips were so close now, a sultry gorgeous mouth just waiting to kiss herself. Isabel's breath caught with Darrik's arms around her waist... yeah, with enough liquor in her to ignore the alleyway surroundings - she could certainly see the fun in sealing the deal with a good man.

"There's more than this house we want, and I think you girls want it too, am I wrong?" Darrik purred, hands poised on Isabel's hips, but waiting for her response, it was more fun if she complied, than struggling.

Archived