Mutants & Masterminds: The Magisterium - Magisterium House Rules/FAQ

Dawn OOC

System: Mutants & Masterminds, 3e (PL 10, 150 pp starting)

Icarus Class - 0-60 pp, “spot on wall” powers

Orpheus Class - 61-100 pp, As dangerous to themselves as others

Prometheus Class - 101-200 pp, Moderately dangerous

Gorgon Class - 201-400 pp, Very dangerous

Titan Class - 401+ pp, Kill on sight

Not allowed: Pretercognition, Jack of all Trades.

Mutations

Each mutant has tells that mark them as being parahuman. The marks of being a mutant do not have to be visible, but if they are not physical mutants, then the PC must have two mental/emotional/power complications. That brings the starting total to 3. However, energy bleeds and power signature bleeds are physical powers.

Mutant and Human Abilities

A human’s max Ability ranking is 5. A mutant is allowed to surpass this limitation, to the PL limits. However, any abilities that rise above 5 must be bought as the power, Enhanced Ability. This does mean that these traits can be copied and are vulnerable to nullification. Certain abilities can be purchased as innate, but they should be the primary ability for the character. Please ask me if you're unsure.

Healing Rates by Rank on the Rank / Measure Table

• Each injured result (i.e. -1 toughness mod.) recovers after 1 hour of full rest (Time Rank 9)
  • Staggered recoveres after 8 full hours of rest, i.e. a night's sleep (Time Rank 12)
  • Incapacitated, i.e. unconscious, recovers after 8 minutes (Time Rank 6)
  • Lasting injuries and conditions are Complications and will grant a Hero Point to the player.
  • Regeneration works as described in the book with no changes

FAQ

Is magic allowed? No.

Is super science/tech allowed? Yes. There are significant technologic advances that this world has over ours.

Can my mutant be immune to Kytone/Tethorzine? Not completely. Those mutants who are immune to drugs and chemicals are still affected by Kytone or Tethorzine at half ranks. My using these drugs on them will result in the reward of an HP, just as it will any time I bend the rules to the PC’s disadvantage.

Character sheets

When approved, please put your character sheet in a spoiler box in your signature. This does not mean that character sheets are public. This means that I have them done that way so that I can easily access the notes I need to run the game. I trust that my players are mature enough to not go digging in people's sheets unless they ask permission first. If you have information about someone's sheet, do not disclose this to other players unless they specifically permit it. Please remember to be courteous and respect other's privacy.

Archived