Shadowrun: Everybody Lies - [Team Red] Back in Business

Joani

Jian went further into the Underground, and decided to humor the kid's chattering. Never know when these sorts of things might come in handy... as a runner after all. "I see. So what's the biggest, baddest true to life story around these parts that you know of?"

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well, it's like I said, the huge Ghost Gator. My parents used to scare me with it but I didn't think it was for real until I saw it. It lives here in the OU.", the boy suddenly stopped as he looked around and suddenly seemed to realize something.

"Ahm... so... you guys ever seen a Ghost Gator? Probably not because it can turn invisible!", Pip's eyes grew larger as he stared into a sidearm of the Alley they were walking through. A low growl echoed through the walls of the Alleys, seemingly coming from everywhere.

"Craptastic, I think we've walked through its lair..."

[OOC - Everyone may roll Perception in his/her next post - I'll provide you with details depending on your success]

Deep in her existential funk, Valkyrie is not as observant as she otherwise might be!

2 successes

SalmonMax *rolls* 9d6: 2+5+6+4+4+4+3+1+4: 33

[salmonMax] 11:59 am: Bah. I've been rolling like crap lately.

[salmonMax] 11:59 am: 2 successes...

If visual or hearing augmentation applies:

2 more successes

[Jeremy] 12:00 pm: I'm waiting to hear on if Audio or Visual Enhancement applies

[salmonMax] 12:01 pm: Oh hell, forgot that.

[salmonMax] 12:02 pm: Uh. I'll just roll three more, and he can decide...

SalmonMax *rolls* 3d6: 1+5+6: 12

[salmonMax] 12:02 pm: Yay!

Of additional note in Valk's case:

She has an olfactory sensor at rating 6, so she's got a sensitive sniffer. Not sure if this adds dice or anything; can't look it up until I get home.

Jian heard the low growl, and immediately paid more attention to his surroundings. Far more attention.

Base Perception
Jeremy *rolls* 7d6e5: 6,2,6,2,5,5,6. Successes = 5

[jameson] 1:24 pm: 8s

[jameson] 1:24 pm: holy crapsauce

If Visual Enhancement Applies
[Jeremy] 1:25 pm: still, for completeness sake

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6e5: 5,5. Successes = 2

If Audio Enhancement Applies
[Jeremy] 1:25 pm: and now the audio version

[Carver-working] 1:26 pm: What is he?

Jeremy *rolls* 3d6e5: 6,6,3. Successes = 2

[jameson] 1:26 pm: jeeeezus

Jian and Valkyrie noticed a huge shadow emerging from the ceiling straight above them attacking Grim and Caesar and just barely missing them. The creature was easily 3 Meters long just taking the massive body – it’s tail was just as long and the wicked snout covered another meter making it easily over 7 meters long in total from nose to tail.

Just after the unsuccessful attack the creature melded with the shadows again slipping almost entirely out of sight but Jian and Valkyrie could still make out it’s shape while Grimm and Caesar were still having trouble noticing what actually attacked them.

The creepiest part being that it didn’t make any noise at all...

Rawr Combat!

Ghost-Gator Init 14

[Lobby]: Carver-working has entered at 3:14 pm

Joani *rolls* 10d6e5: 5,4,4,2,5,6,4,1,4,5. Successes = 4

[Joani] 3:14 pm: dumdidum

[OOC: So this one’s for real. Please post your combat actions and make your appropriate rolls. I need Initiatives from you and Grimm and Caesar require 2 hits on their Perception tests to actually see the Ghost Gator. You can take full defense actions if your Perception tests are unsuccessful. You’ll get a new roll on the next turn]

So this wasn't just a legend. And apparently this wasn't much of a guide. Jian stepped back, observing the shape of the creature, his hands went to the hilts of some of his throwing knives, and he waited...

Perhaps he was not the best against spirits, but his adept powers would be some help, so with his focus maximized intently, the moment the Gator came charging into view again, knives were thrown with precise aim to meet the creature.

OOC
Initiative Roll

Jeremy *rolls* 8d6e5: 4,6,6,6,5,3,2,4. Successes = 4

Total: 8 + 4 = 12

[Jeremy] 12:23 pm: Quick Draw Throwing Knife #1

[Jeremy] 12:24 pm: Reaction 4 + Throwing Weapons 7

Jeremy *rolls* 11d6e5: 6,1,4,1,3,2,3,4,2,5,5. Successes = 3

[Jeremy] 12:24 pm: Actual Throwing Attack

Jeremy *rolls* 13d6e5: 5,1,4,6,6,3,1,2,2,1,3,5,6. Successes = 5

[Jeremy] 12:25 pm: Quick Draw Throwing Knife #2

Jeremy *rolls* 11d6e5: 4,5,1,1,6,4,3,3,6,4,2. Successes = 3

[Jeremy] 12:26 pm: Actual Throwing Attack #2

Jeremy *rolls* 13d6e5: 6,3,5,1,1,6,6,1,6,6,2,6,5. Successes = 8

Caesar was caught off guard, and even alerted to the attacker he found himself unable to locate the person of creature. Wielding his mace to ward off attacks he shouted above the din, "What is it? What's going on?"

rolls

[jameson] 1:06 pm: Perception = 7 dice

jameson *rolls* 7d6: 4,3,1,3,1,3,5. Successes = 1. The target number was changed to 5.

[jameson] 1:07 pm: fudge

[jameson] 1:07 pm: Init = 7

jameson *rolls* 7d6: 1,6,5,4,1,3,6. Successes = 3. The target number was changed to 5.

[Jeremy] 1:08 pm: Joani: What I said was, are you going to do that now or later?

[jameson] 1:08 pm: Init = 10

full defense

"It's a trap," Valkyrie states with eerie calm. The 'calm' is only skin deep though based on how fast she moves. In what seems like the same instant the Gator strikes, she's already backing away and triggering the armslide that rockets her heavy duty automatic pistol into her right hand.

Even as the Gator starts to vanish into the darkness and gloom, Valkyrie opens fire. Her weapon makes a long, extended noise like a series of coughs, or a vinyl bag skipping across stone, and emits a subdued series of flashes. This apparent attempt at subtlety is belied by the sudden CRAckaaACKcRAAKKccrAAAKKCRAaaakk! and pops of light from where the bullets strike...each one exploding on impact like a tiny grenade!

Initiative

[salmonMax] 1:58 pm: Oh, it's a different command

SalmonMax *rolls* 10d6e5: 3,6,1,4,5,2,5,5,6,1. Successes = 5

[salmonMax] 1:59 pm: Hoo

Weapon fire

[salmonMax] 5:57 pm: Okay, rolling to hit in Shadowrun...

SalmonMax *rolls* 14d6e5: 4,2,6,3,2,1,6,4,4,5,6,3,4,2. Successes = 4

[salmonMax] 5:58 pm: Bah...puny. Oh well.

[envoy] 5:58 pm: eh, about the odds though.

[salmonMax] 5:58 pm: Second burst...

SalmonMax *rolls* 14d6e5: 5,1,6,3,6,5,1,5,6,6,2,3,2,3. Successes = 7

[salmonMax] 5:58 pm: ...that's more like it.

Oh, nuts. Subtract 3 from the last roll for recoil. Only has 2 points of suppression.

Base Damage Value for weapon (Ruger Thunderbolt firing narrow bursts with Ex-Explosive rounds) is 8P, plus any 'spare' successes over the ones needed to hit the Gator's defense roll.

Has AP -2.

Archived