Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - [Interlude] Secrets Revealed [Fin]

Dan Hawkins

Dan smiled. "It's not like either of you aren't capable of rapid instantaneous transit over insane distance. You're only thoughts away." He looked to Star. "You know you can count on Sonja and I if you need anything."

To Kamiko he smiled. "And you, Kamiko, daughter, I will support your choices, now that you've truly made them."

Sonja moved around and hugged Kamiko. "You're my big sister, I'll always help if you need it, just as i know you'll be there for me." She looked at Star as well, obviously considering the same was true for her. "If you need a babysitter, I'll help."

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Dan... When I am with Nippontai, the first bit of time will be to get into their structure and learning protocol. I'm going to have to earn my clearances so I will actually have free time, but that will then thin down as I am working with the diplomatic corps of the Japanese government and with any Nippontai effort that they wish to bring foreward."

She adjusts her outfit. "Of course if I need security I will consult Mary and you, Dad. It's only a matter of time until my negotiating skills may be needed in a area that might turn into a battlefield."

"And you, Ensign Hawkins I will definitely love babysitting!" Kamiko says smiling.

"I consider myself fortunate to have found all of you. You are more my family than the person who is my Mother. Even though I now have family in the Teragen, my Mother - who I feel has good in her - and my partner Puck who I love very much ... no matter what the tensions or politics ... I do consider all of you family." Said Star

They talked more after, like a family around a kitchen table ... Star went over Sonjia's data on the food and sent her home with her favorite desert left overs. Star would give everyone a lift back to Earth ... and handle the dishes.

This was the sort of time that made life worth living. It wasn't grand discovery or achievement, but it was a rich experience. It was a validation that Star's decision to stay in contact with Earth had been the right one. Of course, there would be tension. Star also felt like this with EXalt! and most strongly with Puck. She decided, as they sat round the table, that she would not choose between members of her new family. She chose to embrace all of these people, regardless of affiliation or background.

Archived