[OpNet] The terrible loss of glory

Memnon

Quote:
Originally posted by Procyon:
It's really very simple.
Somebody has to tell you it don't work that way. Back in the day you'd get your nads snipped off with a rusty pair of scissors for dealing Smack. It wasn't about the cut or getting a nod. It was because the stretch for dealing in horse was so hardcore anybody would cut a deal and finger their own mother to get out of it. Your way don't work because you never get your mitts on anyone but the street soldiers. Soldiers are made to die. Its what they do. Your way don't work.

You speak as if I'm some human cop or vigilante with human limitations. The merest twitch of an eyebrow can speak volumes to a nova interrogator. There are ways of extracting information that no street dealer can resist. And I have, in the past, gotten my mitts on more than the street soldiers.

So? The shit's still out there and no end is sight. Who you getting your hands on that ain't just a soldier taking to pass on until money changes hands? I never got into this kind of shit but I know how the business works. Its numbers. One nova, X doses, so much cash so much green per sale. You can only step on it so much because novas can tell and baseline business isn't worth it since the odds they're going to O.D. are like 1 in 10.

What really means something to me is you been pulling these stunts and you're still alive. Fucking with the Soma is like kissing death. You ain't dead yet so you ain't close yet. Yeah its just business but its a really nasty kind of business.

Archived