Mutants & Masterminds: Lake City Universe - M&M 3E - LCU: The Home of Heroes (OOC)

Heritage

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume that since I am already in the Bank's computers that accessing it's fire control system doesn't require a roll?

But if it does, here it goes, but I spent one of my 2 HP for it.

Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 3+18: 21
[Kamiko] 10:43 am: ... I'm going to HP that...
Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 15+18: 33
[Kamiko] 10:43 am: better.[/code]

I HP'd that because it sounds like this is integral to Gary's plan. I mean a 20 is good, but I wanna make DARN sure I take care of this. If a roll isn't needed however, this is all moot and I don't spend the HP.

Also, is it safe for me to post that I get into the system and activate sprinklers if I get in? (Roll or not.)

Addendum: [color=#ff0000][u][i][b]Moot Point[/b][/i][/u][/color]

I would assume that since I am already in the Bank's computers that accessing it's fire control system doesn't require a roll?

But if it does, here it goes, but I spent one of my 2 HP for it.

Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 3+18: 21
[Kamiko] 10:43 am: ... I'm going to HP that...
Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 15+18: 33
[Kamiko] 10:43 am: better.[/code]

I HP'd that because it sounds like this is integral to Gary's plan. I mean a 20 is good, but I wanna make DARN sure I take care of this. If a roll isn't needed however, this is all moot and I don't spend the HP.

Also, is it safe for me to post that I get into the system and activate sprinklers if I get in? (Roll or not.)

I don't think you'll need to make the roll to get the sprinklers going, but in Initiative order Naomi comes after the Hoods and civvies (up next) and then Blitz. I will get my post up as soon as possible (most likely tomorrow morning, as I have class tonight) so we can keep our momentum going.

Just to make sure it's clear, if you want to speed things up, when the goons go and you write for the girl, you can count this as a readied action. If she comes out of the bathroom stall, you can write that Hellhound teleports her right then. Just for the purposes of moving along, so you're not waiting on me.

So would you be 'bamfing' her outside, say to the EMTs? If so, I can include that in my post tomorrow AM.

In 2E you needed the "attack" extra on Teleport for that. I'm not sure if it's viable in 3E or not. Even if that extra still exists, HH doesn't have it. I could stunt something, though. In fact, I think I will. Yea, Just fudge some stuff, say he spends one of his 3hp, and plants a hand on her forhead and sends her on a wild sulfur-y ride that'll leave her all hot and bothered (probably literally). It'll speed things up, and it'll allow me to make more of an entrance on my next turn. :)

Yea, that's basically the long and short of the intention there. Though I think I'm going to use the Extra Effort / Fatigue Canceling HP to just gain an Alternate Power which has Affects Others, or the Attack extra, or what have you. That way, It'll stay active until I switch it off.

In character, HH is thinking that this may not be the only hostage he's going to want to send out to the paramedics. He's already heard gunshots, so there's no telling what the situation is out there. If someone DID get shot, it's likely he'd want to just send them outside where they can receive proper care before he even bothers with the villains.

And like I said, Heritage. Feel free to include any and all descriptions of this in your next post to speed stuff up.

Clarification: The EE gained Alternate Effect lasts up to its standard duration or one scene, whichever is shorter. Teleport has an instant duration, but a stunted Flight Power would last until turned off or one scene.

Also of interesting note, the ability to add an Extra to a power was replaced by this ability to add an Alternate Effect. This is I think a fix for balance reasons, and adding an extra flat out to a power would now require either some loss of ranks or the addition of a flaw as well. Note also that Attack and Affects Others are both +0 extras (though Affects Others is also a +1 extra). Either way HH should be able to 'port the lady to safety and remain in the bank.

POWER STUNT

Temporarily gain and use an Alternate Effect (see Alternate

Effect in the Powers chapter). The Alternate Effect

lasts until the end of the scene or until its duration expires,

whichever comes first. Permanent effects cannot be used

for power stunts.

Ah, then I can make my moves. All it would take is a simple command to turn the sprinklers on... so I would have time to further assess what is being said.

I should be told what the gang is talking about over their radio. I still got access to their coms.

Even after never having met the guy, I feel like I know Heritage pretty well. That said, usually at times like this the thing that helps him post the quickest, is patience.

But that said, I also know Heritage's penchant for not having every rule in the book memorized. Perhaps when our character's do any sort of cooky actions that are out of the norm, like my previous power stunt, or Gary's mind control, or anything that's not really a standard attack roll, we should post the rule snippets about what interactions that has with the npc's. Would that help the flow of the game Heritage?

I have one other idea. I think 3E's standard for combat is making all attacks and defenses opposed rolls. Perhaps we should fall back on the standard that makes the defender "take 10"? Would that speed things up? It may help if we just know standard defenses for the bad guys rather than having to wait for Heritage to log in just to make a roll when we make an attack, just so we can put up the proper response in character as to whether or not this attack hits. On the flip side, perhaps each of us could "spoiler" two different outcomes for our IC posts. One where the attack hits and our character gives a certain reaction, followed by one where the attack misses and we have a different reaction. That could allow things to speed up.

The name of the game here, isn't trying to find a way to make Heritage better able to access the site or find more time to post. What we need to do, IF we are going to help out in any way is to enable Heritage to better use the time he DOES have to access the site. So that this...

Damn rules questions ate up all my posting time, damn it! Look for postiness tomorrow (my day off, yay!)

...Doesn't happen again. Not that Jameson did anything wrong, but it's no secret that he has a much better handle on the rules than our Fearless Leader does (as well as myself). Now, just to use the example on hand, (Jameson, please don't feel like I'm trying to point fingers!) perhaps next time Jameson takes an action like this, he can explain the ins and outs of the power, exactly what it does, what resisting the power entail (what type of check), what failing and passing the resist roll would mean, any strange aftermath or interactions with other combos of powers and feat he may have, and any suggestions he has of handling the situation, we might see Heritage posting something more like: "Ok! Here's the resist roll: [roll]. He fails. This happens. Now to post!" Rather than having to spend his precious time in chat double and tripple checking himself like the damn perfectionist we all know he is deep down inside.

Anyway, food for thought.

So, what you're saying is if we're planning on doing something post it here with what may be required like...

Superball's Action
What the player intends to do

Rules notations if needed

Explainations

*fictional roll*

Once the character has done this enough times, hopefully that entirety won't be needed, but it can greatly help. We're all M&M heads of various skill levels and this can actually help teach me the system as well since I'm a virgin on 3e.

Okay, Nux is using Afflcition Burst Attack AP; of the players, only Gary and Superball are in the area of effect, and they both get a Dodge check (to avoid the aura) and a Fortitude check (to resist the nausea), both of which I believe are DC 18 (I know the Fort save is, not sure on the Dodge).

As per what SB and HH typed above, as much as I hate the fact that I come off as slighlty rules retarded, any help you can give me wiill be appreciated.

Based on a few questions from SB in chat, i can clarfiy the following:

1. HH will have heard the man yell about the woman having a heart attack.

2. Anyone outside on the street can make do a DC 10 Perception check can see the young man rushing to the old woman's side, and if you make DC 15 you can figure out she's either having a heart attack or stroke and needs immediate medcial attention.

Okay I missed what Heri said about the attack... one moment...

Reflex/Fort Save

Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 2+8: 10
[Kamiko] 8:22 pm: hp
Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 8+8: 16
Note - (8+10+8 = 26 for the REF save)
[jameson] 8:22 pm: so now you need to make a Fort check on DC 14
Kamiko *rolls* 1d20: 16: 16
[Kamiko] 8:24 pm: Made the fort
[Centimane] 8:24 pm: basically, the lowest you can roll when spending an HP is an 11
[jameson] 8:24 pm: if the die comes up 1 through 10 you add 10[/code] I spent the HP there so I could have a better chance to make the fort save. Wont bother with the perception check since I'm getting away form the puke field. Also, would triggering the sprinklers through a voice command be a free action?
[code]Free Action: Voice Command to activate sprinklers
Movement Action: Bounce safely away from the radius of the puke field
Standard Action: Tell Samson what I heard on the radio

Okay, Nux is using Afflcition Burst Attack AP; of the players, only Gary and Superball are in the area of effect, and they both get a Dodge check (to avoid the aura) and a Fortitude check (to resist the nausea), both of which I believe are DC 18 (I know the Fort save is, not sure on the Dodge).

My rolls for Gary

[jameson] 9:16 pm: Dodge +9 vs dc 18

jameson *rolls* 1d20: 1+9: 10

[jameson] 9:16 pm: Fort +5 vs Dc 18

jameson *rolls* 1d20: 14+5: 19

[jameson] 9:16 pm: Waa Hoo!

[Jeremy] 9:17 pm: witnessed

No effects for Gary, master of his own tummy tum.

My Saves are here: http://www.rpgpost.c...390#entry288834

Since somehow I missed the saves necessary that you posted here I had to redo my actions completely.

It would help that you post the saves needed in the IC thread in a spoiler.

I've had trouble doing spoiler font on some of the computers I currently use (not sure why) and my past experience has always been do do any rules stuff in the OOC thread anyway, so that's why I did it. That being said, it would have been a lot smarter of me to post the required rolls and DCs in bold font or something. Sorry, SB!

Archived