[OpNet] Out of hiding

Access

I've decided to come out of hiding, that I would be a much less likely target when surrounded by friends.

With that said, I'm reassuming my role as the Information Officer of the Knights.

Hugin, feel free to update your file, at least the name, I won't quite tell you the new talents, but I know you'll enjoy discovering those.

Emdeavor, sorry it didn't quite work out for you, but I'm happy to follow after you. Maybe one day we will be able to combine our brain power for the greater good.

To the Knights, it will be great working with you, but there are a couple of things I'd like to discuss once I get settled back in.

To everyone else, may your days be great and numerous. (Live long and prosper - damn I'm such a geek)

Quote:
Originally posted by Access:
With that said, I'm reassuming my role as the Information Officer of the Knights.

To the Knights, it will be great working with you, but there are a couple of things I'd like to discuss once I get settled back in.
I bet you do. Well, welcome back! I've heard a lot about you and look forward to meeting you in person.

Bandwidth? I've heard about you. Please tell me you're still enough of a geek to play computer games. It's so difficult to find good opponents, most novas don't touch a game with a ten foot pole and, well, baselines are so slow it's not even funny.

Login, you look for an opponent, find me sometime. Hell, you call the game. It's been a while since I've demonstrated my micro skills to someone that, at least for the moment, claims to have the micro.

Then again, you sound more like a FPS player over a RTS player.

You would not stand a chance in RTS against me.

I'll take on either of you as soon as my initial business with the Knights is taken care of. I don't know much of your abilities Login, but if I were to assume they are similar to those held by Endeavor and myself. I don't think there is such a thing as as a fair match up.

Sean, it won't be too big an ordeal, I'm hoping for a smooth integration. None the less, I'm anxious to meet you all and get started.

Quote:
Originally posted by Login:
You're on. I'm not as much of an RTS fan because it's less personal, but it doesn't mean I can't kick ass there as well. We just need the time and the game, and you're on.
As soon as I get some free time then, and get some mental focus back, then I'll be happy to oblige. Chess just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Then again, if you know your code, we could duel the way the early hackers did. Get an isolated server, and face off, code for code. Nothing is held back, and no holds are barred. I'm sure if you're a cyberkinetic like myself, the thought of a duel in a world with no danger would be enticing. The only thing off limits would be code that could harm us within the server. It's a land grab, and a friendly sparring match.

Sound enticing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakurako Hino:

Then again, if you know your code, we could duel the way the early hackers did. Get an isolated server, and face off, code for code. Nothing is held back, and no holds are barred. I'm sure if you're a cyberkinetic like myself, the thought of a duel in a world with no danger would be enticing. The only thing off limits would be code that could harm us within the server. It's a land grab, and a friendly sparring match.

Sound enticing? [/QB]
Are you kidding? Enticing is the udnerstatement of the century! You are SO on. Although I'm pretty sure you'll wipe the floor with me when it comes to CK, I'm hardly a quantum powerhouse.

It's not just brute force, Login. I want to see your technique in a high-pressure situation. I've had a bang-up every once in a while where a good code-patch saved the day more than ripping some hacker's rig up using enough hexidecimal to fill a modern supercomputer.

This, when it occurs will be more of a test of coding and cracking. Not of brute force hijacking.

Brute force work I find both... uninteresting and even a technique only a low rank ameteur would do.

I am sure you agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Login, something I must tell you. This might not be just a "game". I need to see something. I need to know if you are fully aware of what you do. If you truely understand it. Not on terms of the influence of binary manipulations, but on the quantum-level of changes that a Nova creates when manipulating a machine. I want to see if you have the necessary survival skills, Login. If you lack...I wish to teach you in the safest environment possible.

I know you probably don't understand what I mean, after all, you are happy with coding games and the like, but truely Login, there is more you can do, and there will be more you will have to do eventually.

Doctor Crow, I want to discover my limits, and the limits of whatever rig I find myself in. Such people who like to push the envelope tend to be brash and bold.

Well, you're talking some pretty heavy shit right there. "Survival skills" and "more you will ahve to do". Look, I'm a game developer in the body of a thirteen year old, and busy living the good life. I'm not getting into any shit deeper than a chat room quarrel, and that's that.

Of course, if you still want to teach me whatever m4d sk1llz you were talking about, that's okay by me.

Heh.

You don't know the half, kiddo.

But a couple things to keep in mind, at least when around here... This isn't a gaming channel. While the folk you play around with forgive the haxor talk, here it's generally looked down upon. Second, it's not heavy shit, it's just the facts of life we at some point have to deal with. You're in the programming business, and while that seems a safe profession remember that there are those that prefer violence over negotiation. Some might come into your own domain to attack you and take what's yours.

I can't teach you very well how to protect yourself outside the OpNet, you'll need someone more adept with their physical prowess, but in the OpNet, well... That's my home ground.

Ha. I mean serious ROFLCOPTER action here. /sarcasm

Okay... Let me put it like this. I'll KNOW if something happens. I'd like to watch you play sensei, but I have more better things to do than observe the behavior patterns of the nutty proffessor.

There's enough weird stuff in Chicago to watch to have to deal with your little tea party.

Well, at least it's good to know you're keeping within your jurisdiction. I still hold some ill will towards the WCK, but you won't see me sleazing around scheming your demise.

I have more important things to deal with. Like getting my life back in order and trying to have some fun with my life.

Ok, please just cut out this trash. I don't like remembering I was such a paranoid moron, and I don't know why I even mentioned it here in this thread, but please stop "talking smack" to each other here in my thread.

Archived