Running the World Artwork

obidancer

Hello everyone,

I may hopefully join the game soon, once Wyrd approves my potential character, and I do some digital artwork. So I came with goodies: some portraits inspired by some of the characters, and I'll add scenes maybe sometimes.

I created a gallery in this forum, follow this address: http://www.rpgpost.com/gallery/album/23-role-playing-games/

I was thinking, with Wyrd's permission to post some of the art as it comes in this thread.

My apologize if the portrait does not represent what you envisioned for your character, or a copy of an existing picture... it's just art, what I was inspired to do based on what I saw or read.

Feel free to express your opinion :)

Enjoy!

Before anything else, I enjoy this sir, and am impressed. :)

One thing I suggest about Jeremy, if it helps you out next time is that he's equipped with some goggles with Vision Enhancement. Just a thing he has... and I probably need to figure out the exact details of his throwing knives' Custom Look. :D

WhiteRain apparently liked your picture of Jaleena, since Jaleena is now using it as her avatar.

As far as posting in here goes, I don't mind at all--that would be up to Chosen as the site administrator.

Did you actually draw these, or just find them and do some modifications?

If they are original or represent an appreciable amount of effort to edit them to their current state, I might give you some bonus karma. Just finding images on the web isn't enough for that, but I want to reward creativity, whatever form it may take.

This is 3D digital art, using, modifying, and postwork editing purchased 3D models. As per their license I have full ownership of the artwork I make using them. Hence the copyright logo you'll see with my name on most of my pieces.

It's an expensive hobby as I have purchased many models, and time consuming (ask my girlfriend!) But when you like you don't count, right?

Each piece would take at least a couple of hours of work. Also pretty much all the character I create I do so using home made modification, therefore I doubt you'll ever see any exact replica anywhere. They're all pretty unique.

I hereby authorise any of you to use the pieces displayed here, just give me the credit if anyone ask about it. And if I do accept donations, even if only in Karma ;), all pieces displayed here will be free, make it my participation to making this campaign great.

Also due to the use of said models, please understand that some request are just not feseable for me either not having the prop necessary, and being unable to crreate it. I have a pretty decent library though ;)

Since these were interpretations of player characters, i think I will let them decide whether it represents them enough to warrant a karma bonus.

Would each of you whose characters he made please vote yes or no for karma? He gets one point for each vote of yes to add to his starting total. This is not a question of artistic ability, but whether you fell he did a good job capturing your character.

I probably won't be so generous in the future, but keep posting and sometimes I will give you extra karma, I just won't let it get ahead of what the other players can get through good rp and any fics they decide to write. Even if every person here votes yes, that won't put you above the karma the players will have at the end of this run, and you won't be joining until the next one.

The votes are in(I'm going to take Jaleena using one of your pics as her avatar as a 'yes'), so I'm going to give you a bonus of 2 karma to the starting 5 that you are already getting for starting in the third run. I want to reward creativity, but also avoid someone who has more free time surging ahead of every one else. Should you decide to make more, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Thank you for the effort. Essa is actually much more lithe - and MUCH younger [she's around 12-14 I think - she doesn't know so I don't either]. She also has many scars - some larger and more obvious but she is also covered in a fine tracing of scars from running through brambles and falling down hills and generally living life in the wild with a rambunctious wolf pack while only sometimes wearing protecting fur. Her clothing is also much more crude. But you did a really good job for as little information as you had. Thank you for the effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived